Mods Gone Wild

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Gustav, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustav Banned Banned

??

i asked if gusgus is offensive
    you provided a definition

/puzzled

oh dear

5.A person who, due to some profound physical/biological anomaly, is incapable of feeding, dressing, or bathing themselves.

i had no idea you could be such a meanie

/saddened

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

You claimed that I called you that. So I asked, where did I call you that?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

/Pat

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

right there???

/squirm

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

So, you ask if "gusgus" is offensive. I ask you if it is offensive and provide a link. And you are saying that I called you "gusgus"?

Okay..

Yes, that makes sense..

8. Gustav Banned Banned

bah
    i suppose the only way i can weasel my way out of this one is if i find an instance of term in one of your posts

kindly stop cackling, witch woman

9. kira Valued Senior Member

Just to be clear, at the time Willnever posted the Official Statement from Sciforums High Society, there were 16 members.

On the same day, he posted a call to arms on the group page and gave link to the official statement post on the board. So, at the time he posted the statement, it wasn't after other members' consent (at least, not after my consent).

After that, Cluelusshusband joined the group, so the total members become 17 people.

One day after that (12.03.2010, ETC time zone), I got an email notification from Willnever to the said official statement. I checked my email 2 days after that (14.03.2010), but as I was busy, I didn't post on the board. I only left the group. I noticed that Scifes has also left the group. So the members become 17-2 = 15.

Since then, 3 people left the group:
    - alien cockroach (possibly because he was banned)
    - tiassa
    - lucysnow ('fired' by Willnever)
    [So the current members is 12. If he now said that 7 people (including himself) agreeing with his statament are majority, it's only true after the members become 12, because at the time he posted the said statement, it was a minority, in fact it was a statement of himself. I want to make this clear not because I am against WIllnever, but I feel that as I know about this, I should come clean.

I also say this not because I am on James' side instead of SAM's side, I am neutral. Me thinks SAM is more than capable to defend herself. And me, being not following the whole things, don't want to make things more complicated.

I seem to recall GeoffP joined and left the group, but I am not sure. I guess he joined other group.]

The screenshot that I took of the PM when I left the group on 14.3.2010 (I then emptied my inbox, because it reached the maximum quota):

---------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: the blue part is added/edited after posted

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  10. Gustav Banned Banned

strange that

dumfucksci really lacks a generosity of spirit

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Leaders of sciforums. You are doomed.
    You may as well give up now.

12. Bells Staff Member

I suggest you look.

I'll give you a hit. You won't find it..

It is mildly amusing.

Oh my.

Now you're going to make him cry.

13. kira Valued Senior Member

Bells, you might want to replace the quote, I have edited my message (wasn't sure about the GeoffP part). Sorry

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

When has that ever stopped anyone here?

15. kira Valued Senior Member

Teehee... now there are only 11 members, SAM just left the group as well :blbl:
    J/k, Will. It's still the most active group (group with most number of messages

).

16. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

It's me who keeps calling you GusGus darling. And I mean it in the Cinderella/Mouse way, not the other way. As in, "Oh look at the fat little mouse trying to change the world. How charming and very Disney."

/grin

I hereby apologize if you took offense to it, I meant it in the most endearing way. I've always had a soft spot for you Spookzie, you use to be my one of my favourite outlaws, setting fires and all that. Now you've gotten all lazy and wait for the scraps to be thrown at you. Content to bark and bark, but not wander out of your yard. Of course this isn't the first time I've lamented that, eh?

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Up goes the rocket

Ooooooh! Aaaaaah!

Down comes the stick

Ouch!

18. WillNever Valued Senior Member

That is true only in the eyes of someone who views things in terms of acting white or acting black, of which I do not. However, someone didn't know what that expression meant by people who used it, so I explained it. I know, it's hard.

19. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Kira, none of the people you are mentioning have left the group. They were forcibly kicked out for differing reasons, except for scifes who left quite a while ago. If you are going to try and expose information in an attempt to damage people's reputations, then try and do so accurately.

20. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I don't agree. I initially invited a very wide range of people with the expectation that several would either be disinterested and let go, and so eventually we'd come nearer to establishing a firm base of true believers and then invite people on that basis. The handful of people who have recently been removed were all part of that initial net of people. I actually view this as a positive thing that several of these people have been removed: it means none of them were worthy to begin with.

21. kira Valued Senior Member

Scifes, me (and today SAM), left the group voluntarily, other left for other reasons (I already mentioned above that Lucysnow was "fired" by you and Alien Cockroach is banned). I don't have intention to damage your reputation. I just think it was dishonest of you to say it was the group's official statement, whereas you posted the statement without prior approval of the rest of the members. You didn't consider that others might have different opinions (and apparently if they do so or just don't want to be used as a tool, they should leave the group

). I don't know if people realized or not that I have left the group, but as I looked up the posts in this thread, even Lucysnow thought I was still being part of the group (she mentioned it in her post where she said "try to get a consensus from people like kira, sam, strawdog, etc.... that's rich"). That's why I clarify my position :shrug:

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Easy enough

I should Will also saved me the trouble of figuring out how to withdraw from the group. When I undertook the effort to do so, I found I had already been dismissed. Easy enough.

Thanks, Will. (Sincerely.)

23. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Scifes left quite a while ago because I did not tolerate his need to scoff at opposing viewpoints. SAM because she was allegedly tired of politics, or some such. Everyone else not currently in the group was forcibly kicked out for varying reasons with the exception of yourself.

I sense that you harbor some residual malice due to your state of being an asian person who I have previously offended on the basis of your religion and ethnicity. That is such a shame, but it has become increasingly clear that you were never cut out for us to begin with. Unlike SAM, you will not be welcomed back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.