Moderna COVID-19 Bivalent Vaccine Booster

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cluelusshusbund, Sep 27, 2022.

1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

OK. I'm eligible due to being >65. So far I've had a text, telling me when the sessions will be run and that an invitation to come along will be arriving in due course.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Jab due tomorrow. I wonder how severe the reaction will be this time.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

I got flu and bivalent a few weeks ago. I was miserable for about 24 hours.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

Good luck. I have felt like garbage for 48 hours every shot.

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Yes last time I had quite a strong reaction. I think someone told me that if one's immune already has a memory of the virus, the reaction can be stronger.

I recall when I had my BCG immunisation (when I was 13), there was a pre-test to see if I had ever been exposed to TB, which would show an inflammation of the skin if I already had antibodies. I didn't - there was no reaction. So if the same logic applies, I should feel a significant reaction to this vaccine, as I've had covid twice.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I usually get a pretty strong reaction to the vaccines, but taking a couple of Tylenols really works to alleviate the symptoms.

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

You mean paracetamol? Sure, that or ibuprofen should see me through. But I've had a flu jab in the other arm as well, so I suppose I'll have to sleep on my back tonight, once the soreness gets going. A retired nurse gave me the injections and she evidently knows that nurses' trick that doctors generally don't: I hardly felt anything.

I also enquired about a jab against shingles, which can be quite nasty for the elderly. Seems I will be eligible for that on the NHS, next year, once I reach 70.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Muscular aches overnight and soreness at the injection sites, both of which seem already to be lessening. So not too bad and less than last time, when I had a rather disturbed night with elevated heart rate.

12. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

That doesn't sound too bad. Good timing for flu season kicking in.