Modern Day Prophet

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by pharaohmoan, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Archie Registered Senior Member

The original post confused two concepts.

To be honest, I haven't read all the intervening posts - and judging from the two here from Mr. Denke and jayleew I haven't missed too much relevant information.

A 'prophet' from the Judeo-Christian standpoint is one who speaks the message given to the prophet from God. A prophet is not always - or even commonly - a fortune teller. So any faithful preacher is a prophet in the general sense.

The 'Second Coming' of Jesus the Christ has nothing to do with being a prophet. When Jesus returns, everyone on earth will know about it and it will be undeniable. Sort of like Hurricane Katrina to a then current resident of New Orleans. You don't have to like it, but it's pretty well common knowledge. When Jesus returns, no one will have to ask someone else, "What's all this?"

Until that happens, everyone has the luxury of pretending it won't happen.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

The more I find out about human body construction, the universe, history and religion, the more I am convinced that no divine diety had anything at all to do with creation. Its 100% bloody physics

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

how can any faithful preacher be classed as a prophet?????
    surley a prophet needs to fullfill or announce prophecy, or speak of something prophetic. a faithful preacher is not someone who God has given a message to, he is someone who reads the words of man about god, and no prophet in any sense??

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm still waitning for their first one to appear! :shrug:

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you know there are some who still won't pay any attention...who will pretend that it's not really happening...that it's not really so. i see it everyday in the people all around me. people believe what they want, not what is obvious. i know it's the only thing keeping them from a relationship with God now, and it will not change for many...ever...no matter what. they are the tares and the ones who will take the mark of the beast and they will get what they choose.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

do you think that proving this is beyond the scope of God's capabilities? that doesn't seem rational to me. i think it's that many people don't want to know because it's too consequential, and might just mess up their groove ya know?