Miracles for money..

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bells, Feb 17, 2008.

1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My point is. You can live a very clean life. No alchohol, drugs, smoking, extremely healthy diet, exercise regularly etc... and still end up sick.

It is funny one day we were watching the news. It was this womans 103 birthday.
    They asked her what she did in her life to live so long. She said nothing. She smoked and she drank Sunny Delight ( Some orange drink filled with nothing but chemicals)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well the reason i asked is because certainly you know that generally, the way you take care of yourself, ie nutrition and fitness, and maintaining a positive physical, mental, and emotional environment contributes directly and greatly to your health. of course there are exceptional cases, but like i said, there's such a wide variety of factors, and they are cumulative, to the point of even being genetic. i mean we've been destroying ourselves and our environment since the fall of man. that's a long cumulative period. most children are born with genetic predispositions and illnesses. but MY point is, why not do what you can? with me, it's not a fear of dying, or the idea that i could never get sick. it's a matter of doing the right thing just because it's the right thing to do. and just to note, that the illnesses and conditions that i referred to have in fact reached epidemic levels as of recently, within a generation or two and can be directly attributable to unhealthy nutrition, lifestyle, and environment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i think they're made out of hemp and recyclable. :m:

listen, i got to thinking about what you said about hoping i never get sick and it occurred to me that you might think i'm one of those freaks that allow their kids and selves to die because they refuse medical treatment. i'm not crazy, and i'm not stupid. i know lots of times people want me to be because i claim to be a christian, but i'm not. sorry. i'm pretty damn rational. i would go to a normal doctor for a broken leg or an injury. and i would go to one for other reasons as well, like a diagnosis, and to treat symptoms until i could recover. my point is though, that most doctors aren't trained to cure people, but only to treat symptoms. for example, a normal doctor would diagnose someone as a diabetic and prescribe dialysis. a holistic doctor would explain why you're a diabetic and cure you of it. that is if you were willing to make the prescribed diet and lifestyle changes. and before you say it, a raw vegan diet, including no sugar or alchohol, has been shown to completely cure a 21 year diabetic. if you don't believe me then i urge you to watch the trailer for a documentary that's not released yet called "30 Days Raw". you can find it on youtube, or i have it on my myspace page http://www.myspace.com/penguinlove7. i have lots of cool videos on my page actually. the trailer i'm talking about is shown under my "interests", and "i want to heal people", and has a picture of Ronald McDonald in the frame. This film is the antithesis of the movie "Supersize Me".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Try the CSIRO diat. Its the only one i have ever seen that is SCIENTICALLY tested to be good for you. Of course its not really a diet, the difference is that if you want to lose weight you dont eat potatoes and pasta with your meals.

Also i hate to tell you but have you ever herd of the diabetics diet?

Further more im ASSUMING your talking about type 2 diabites because type 1 is incurable, with our current tech (although there is a treatment being trialed using a pig pancrius and seaweed)

the vegan diet is actually bad for you. Yes some people manage to live on it but then some people manage to live on only McDonads to. The vegatarian is ok because your getting the protien from eggs and chicken, the calcium from milk and most importantly the essential fatty acids that are only abundently avialable in seafood

The best diet however (especially for a women) is one that includes lean red meat. Why is this? Because women are VERY suseptable to anemia caused by iron deficancy and lean red meat with a little drisle of lemon juice is an abundent sorce of Iron. As well as protine and alot of other vital things

CSIRO diet is 100 grams of either fish or meat (on alternitive days) for lunch and 200g of fish or meat for dinner (the oposite to what you had for lunch)

Its REALLY health, how do i know?
    I was low on alot of vitimans and minerals untill my partner starter eating this. I was doing it to because the food is delicious and i didnt want to lose weight so i added pasta ect. My V&M levels went straight back to normal in a matter of weeks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bells Staff Member

I had a brain fart.

Ok. How can I put this...

Do you think it is right for people like Hinn to ask for and then say it is God who asks for the money? And then telling them that when God asks for money, people who believe should obey? Do you think it is right for a supposed minister and faith healer to tell sick people that if they truly believe, they will fork up the cash and then they will be healed? And then go on to encourage those people to stop their medical treatment because they have supposedly been healed?

I mean seriously, how much does God charge for a miracle these days?

As an atheist, I have to agree with Rabbi Harold S. Kushner:

"I hope there is a special place in Hell for people who try and enrich themselves on the suffering of others. To tantalize the blind, the lame, the dying, the afflicted, the terminally ill, to dangle hope before parents of a severely afflicted child, is an indescribably cruel thing to do, and to do it in the name of God, to do it in the name of religion, I think, is unforgivable."
    Link

And that's saying something, believe me. I don't even believe in 'hell'.

There's nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with having someone tell sick people that God is demanding they give money and then going on to tell them that they can stop all of their medical treatments because they are healed. There is something wrong with leading people to believe that the more they give to one's ministry, the more they believe and the more miracles will come their way. No priest I have ever known has ever said anything like that.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. this isn't something i've done on a whim. there's a ton of research that's been done, and living testimonies, and i'm one of them. i'm 40 years old and i am healthier than i have ever been in my life. and i'm surrounded by sick people everywhere. and i'm not talking about working in a hospital, i'm talking about the average and entire population. overweight, diabetic, cancer, heart disease, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds, flus, headaches, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and the list goes on and on. i'm surrounded everywhere i go, i'm the only healthy person in just about every group or environment i'm a part of. it's startling...

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

so you are assuming based on what? that its the fact that they are not vegan that is causing this?

I have seen vegans end up in hospital because they arnt getting enough of the vitimens, minerals and ameno acids that they need. Im sorry whats YOUR qualification to change the premure science insitute in the country?

You do realise what CSIRO is dont you?

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Some more SCIENTIFIC resurch on the CSIRO diet
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15007396?dopt=AbstractPlus

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My friend did the Atkins diet a couple yrs ago. She had been taking all kinds of prescriptions for her high sugar, blood pressure, and something else can't remember off hand.
    After doing the Atkins ( high protein low carb)for 6 mnths her blood work came back so great the doctor took her off all the pills. He said her bloodwork couldn't have been any better.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually shorty the atkins diet is VERY dangiours. The lack of vitmens and minerals that you get on it can kill you

CSIRO is a low carb (although if your not trying to lose weight like me you add some potatoes or pasta) HIGH proteen, LOW fat diet. Its not actually a diet at all in that sence of the word its a healthy eating plan. You can eat it everyday for the rest of your life and be healthy. In fact it even includes achole and snacks in set amounts

Its split up into what a woman should eat to lose weight at a healthy rate, what a women should eat normally, what a man should eat to lose weight at a healthy rate and what a man should eat normally. The difference in the amounts being the serving size of carbs basically

Its also REALLY tastie food

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Looks like the river flows for everyone. Is there some kind of admission charge, or what is the problem ?

Would you conceal from them that faith healers are like bad money ? Would you at least recommend that they not put their faces in the water ?

Some situations, like the fountain at Lourdes, are beyond the small resources of the law.

Some aren't.

Faith healers are like bad money. Is it OK to say that, even if a lot of people are willing to take bad money ? Is it OK to attempt to curb counterfeiting ?

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no, that they eat a steady diet of sugar, fat, and chemicals and get next to no exercise. you can be a vegan and do that too. some vegans live (for a while) on processed sugar, pasta, and beer. and yeah, you'll end up in the hospital probably if you eat like that. and i'm also not talking about dieting to achieve a certain body type (other than healthy). i'm not talking about losing weight or reducing body fat or whatever. though i think if you have healthy eating habits, your body would show that. do you have any idea what's actually IN all the meat you're suggesting people eat? meat is laden with antibiotics, growth hormones, and steroids. why? because the animals are not viable without them due to their poor quality of life prior to slaughter. our fish and seafood is filled with pharmaceutical waste and mercury. and even our vegetables (if they're not organic) are laden with hundreds of different chemical fertilizers and insecticides, and many are now genetically modified. why? because we've raped our planet and our soil is depleted and they wouldn't grow otherwise. and the fact that they do grow, and appear to be healthy doesn't mean they have any nutrient value...it's all been spent. and there's the cyclical nature of the industry that's continually raping the planet all in the name of greed, and spewing these pollutants and chemical waste all over the place. then there's the fact that i would lose my life before i would want to contribute to a system that treats other sentient beings the way our industries treat animals for consumption. it's disgusting and deplorable and is indicative of the absolute disregard most people have for this planet, for god, and for life. i dare you to watch the movie "earthlings", because it shows the norm of exactly what i'm talking about here. AND all other arguements aside, i don't see why another being should have to lose their life for me to have mine. so if the death of an animal is not necessary for me to live, then why should i perpetuate such a thing? human beings are planetary parasites.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

in case you hadn't noticed your in a science section. I sugest you back up your assertions before a mod comes along and deletes them for being incorect. Australian cattle and sheep are NOT injected with hormones, nor are our chickens. I ALWAYS by free range meat, how do you tell? if you look at the meat and the fat is along the outside of the meat then its free range, if its marbled through the meaakt then the animal is penned in and grain feed. Do i agree with this treatment of animals? no i dont

Also i know exactly what goes into my meat because alot of it comes straight from the farm, my grandmother is a farmer and we used to get our lamb straight out of her padock. No hormones, infact nothing EXCEPT grass and maybe an antibotic if the animal became sick and needed treatment.

Oh and whats your shoes made out of?

17. flameofanor5 Not a cosmic killjoy Registered Senior Member

I can't stand fakes like this guy...

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't buy leather, and thou shalt not kill.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

thou art just an animal and there art no god

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

profound.