Miracle is possible

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

What is with the 3 . Why do you have that 3 there . I don't get it ? Am I missing something . Knock knock . Whose there . Whats for dinner

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Now that was brilliant Me friend . Yeah . people are so stupid when it comes down to belief . I think I can tie my shoe . I don't know ? We better measure the length of your arms and see if they are long enough to tie your shoes . Well we better compensate for the gyrations of your hip . But mine are not as flexible as the average hip . We might have to get more hip. Should of just got one of the kids to do and be done with it .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Not 3... :3... cat smiley.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Shouldn't you go back to the drawing board with this thread?
    Miracles are possible because of the multiverse.
    There is no multiverse.

Slightly confused, Saint?

8. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Sorry stupid. That's not the quote.

9. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@graviton --

It would be much more accurate if you just cut out the first half of that quote.

10. Mind Over Matter Registered Senior Member

The Big Bang seems to be the best idea at the moment; but......
    In any case, an omnipotent God can violate the laws of nature: after all, He`s their Creator. Plus, all of Creation is a miracle because He wills it out of nothing.
    There are heaps of miracles recorded in the Bible; and, as other said, they still happen.

There has to be a First Cause

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  11. Saint Valued Senior Member

God is the eternal First Cause.

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

Omnipotence is an impossible trait. No being can be omnipotent as they would have to be able to do things that are definitionally impossible. For example, an omnipotent being would have to be able to throw a ball further than they could catch it, which is impossible. Then there's that whole "rock bigger than they can lift" one too. Both of these examples highlight the logical impossibility of omnipotence, it simply can't exist.

And there need be no first cause. Positing a "first cause" merely forces you into an infinite regress, you need to keep positing more causes by the very logic you use to posit a need for a first cause. Positing anything which is exempt from that is a logical fallacy known as special pleading and is very bad form.

Besides, science has already shown that something can, and indeed does(all the time), come from nothing. The phenomenon is known as vacuum fluctuations and is very well established as it's responsible for the most accurate predictions in all of science. Given that we live in a flat universe which means that it has a total energy of zero, vacuum fluctuations alone are enough to explain why there's something rather than nothing.