Minimum Wage

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by madanthonywayne, Jun 23, 2006.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

http://investintaiwan.nat.gov.tw/en/env/land/epz.html

EPZ

Export Processing Zone
    Economic Processing Zone
    Other names. They are all terms for sweatshops in which slave workers live in garbage, work more than a day straight, and live in completely trashy conditions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GMontag Registered Senior Member

On what land?

Yes, no one "forces" them to do it, but saying they shouldn't bitch and moan about is ridiculous.

You and me are in a plane that crashes high in the Canadian wilderness. I have an extra thick fur coat, but you have none. I agree to give you the fur coat, but only on the condition that you agree to work for me for the rest of your life for nothing more than subsistence wages. Are you saying that you shouldn't bitch and moan about that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

They have no choice. The government has installed serios prohibitions against alot of independence. You are not allowed to do this. You are not allowed to do that. Raising chickens can basically be illegal in certain places.

They do not outright participate in shackled slavery or buying and selling people in captivity. They impose regulations that prevent you from doing anything. Many involve serious consequences for speaking bad about working conditions. You are in no way allowed to complain or say anything about the working conditions. No freedom of speech.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7932485454526581006&q=pilger&hl=en