Microsoft Teams question

We had a Teams videoconference today, and after it was over, my status remained available (green). I had the focus on my Outlook screen for a long time, but the status did not change to away (yellow). So, now I have no idea what is causing the issue that wegs originally reported. I did see some other people' status change to yellow, like they timed out? I have no idea...

Maybe actually doing the videoconference helped cement my status? I had Teams open to the calendar in the background the whole time I was in Outlook.
Hmm, that’s curious. My status is back to showing “away” when Teams chat is open but I’m say, using my iPhone.

Maybe someday, I’ll figure out this wizardry. -_-

Hmm, that’s curious. My status is back to showing “away” when Teams chat is open but I’m say, using my iPhone.

Maybe someday, I’ll figure out this wizardry. -_-

Have you ever considered that aliens may be at the root cause of your problems? It's easier to travel at the speed of light if you do it over the internet.

They throw people off with their cat toys, spaceship like toys that bounce back and forth. Meanwhile, they enter via the internet.

Have you ever considered that aliens may be at the root cause of your problems? It's easier to travel at the speed of light if you do it over the internet.

They throw people off with their cat toys, spaceship like toys that bounce back and forth. Meanwhile, they enter via the internet.
Ahhh, the wormhole theory. I hadn’t thought of that. That explains everything!

Ahhh, the wormhole theory. I hadn’t thought of that. That explains everything!

It's all rather clear when you take the time to ponder. Science just wants you to be so busy chasing facts that you don't have time to think.

Get off the hamster wheel, float in your pond (stay away from the alligators) and reflect on the Universe! :) The aliens are here!

It's all rather clear when you take the time to ponder. Science just wants you to be so busy chasing facts that you don't have time to think.

Get off the hamster wheel, float in your pond (stay away from the alligators) and reflect on the Universe! :) The aliens are here!

I want to be transparent. I had to scroll up to check the username and avatar on these posts. lol

I want to be transparent. I had to scroll up to check the username and avatar on these posts. lol
You are transparent. We don't know what you look like unless you are actually a butterfly. If you are, that's cool too...

You are transparent. We don't know what you look like unless you are actually a butterfly. If you are, that's cool too...
If only I could fly…

Okay, this thread is way off topic now.

Update - I literally stumbled upon the fix for this ongoing dilemma. If you click your profile pic in Teams, the status “box” drops down and if you leave the box there, don’t minimize it, your “available” status will remain until you change it. If you leave the box open all day, your status will show as “available,” all day. Yay! I’ve solved the mystery.

Not bad for a Monday.

Well, no. Not all day. :rolleye: Only for about an hour, which I’m still happy about. Better than what was happening before, my available status showing for just five minutes.

Guess what everyone? There’s a new version of Teams and it NEVER shows you as unavailable or “away,” unless you adjust the setting to show you as away.

Yay!!

Back