Michigan Food Stamp Challenge

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Orleander, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I grew up on welfare as a kid. Hated it but that's life when a single mom doens't want to work.

Anyway, back then the State also gave a lot of free food as well. Free milk, free butter, free flour, maybe even cheap eggs. So the food stamps are for other things, like to be traded for cigarettes if I remember correctly. Also, isn't there actual real money given out as well as the rent and heating and such also covered?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh, and I grew up in Michigan

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

And wars should be about justice not about free hand outs to oil companies, security firms and arms manufacturers or post-civil service jobs for cabinet members.
    Oddly enough most of the big problems today are caused by people with a lot of power and not those with very little. But keep cutting the corners on those with very little power and forget about the vast sums stolen by the powerful, whatever.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I forgot about the free gvmt food. Lentils, rice, powdered milk, peanut butter, big cans of tuna, and that cheese. Growing up next to a reservation, that stuff was always for sale somewhere.

And I already blew my $3 for the day. Damn iced mocha!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I guess I'm just gonna have to use leftovers tonight.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

OMG I hated that stuff! I mean really, powered milk is almost oxymoronic. I remember eating boiled rice with powdered milk

uke:

I don't remember cans of tuna? But I did eat tuna with that crap called "miracle" whip. My god that was awful. I do like tuna with mayo. So maybe we did get tuna?

Hmmm oh peanut butter and carrots - now there was a treat

I would skip the iced mocha if I were you. I think the only drink that is consumable at a fast-food cafe' would be a mocha (hold the whipped foam/"cream") because they use coco instead of syrup. Everything else is sugar flavored syrup. Yuck!

Michael

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

Corporations work hard lobbying the government for pork-barrel contracts, so I don't think it's fair to take money from the starving daughters of corporate executives just to feed fat people on welfare.

But then, I'm not heartless like you are.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OMG!!! Boiled rice, milk and raisins for breakfast. I remember it well.