Men are better at Science

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by spuriousmonkey, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

Hilarious and ironic, definitely, but unexpected? Certainly not.

She, along with her two eunuch turncoats, came back with precisely ZERO real world facts that I didn't already know. Absolute time-wasters, all three of them. And the latest one clearly hasn't read the definitions of 'Corporation' or 'Meritocracy'.

Never argue with theorists - they need pity instead.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thersites Registered Senior Member

Have you got any evidence except your own hysterical delusions and unsubstantiated assumptions, JC? Remember, the topic is not "Why JC hates/despises women", but "Men are better at science."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I can acknowledge that men are more common in the science fields, but not that they are better. That would mean that women who graduate with a science major have been given their grades unfairly, and that those schools have inconsistent standards. Do you really want to suggest that Harvard or MIT are corrupt and sexist institutions? What about the women that achieve a doctorate? If their doctorates don't reflect real knowledge and skill, then everyone's degrees are suspect.

A real test would be to gather an equal number of male and female scientists and assign them the same problem to solve.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

meritocracy **noun [C or U]
    a social system or society in which people have power because of their abilities, not because of their wealth or social position:

So when Joe Millionaire borrows some cash from his father, starts or buys a corporation, and is in a position of power, what ability does that show? He knows how to dial the phone to talk to his father? He knows how to hire a lawyer to go over the contracts?
    How about when Joe made millions from toilet bowl detergent and then decides he wants to start a company in a more "creative" field? Does that give him ability in the field in which he now heads a corporation?

As to Jaybee's motive, I'm sure he gets tired of looking around (or maybe he doesn't look around), and seeing women who gain status far past the level of sales director, or whatever he is. Contrary to what he says about women not making money, I know a woman who made 30 million dollars in one year, which is realistically more than Jaybee will make in his lifetime. It is too bad jaybee doesn't play football, then he could say, "men are better at football", and have a more sensible fallback for his bruised and weak ego.

ALSO,
    don't ask for an evidence-based discussion on your topic, when you haven't even brought anything to discuss but your weak assumptions.

BUT,
    I'll give you something anyway...
    Jean Shih happens to be on the cover of the USC magazine I got yesterday. She has been received the MERIT award from the N.I.H. twice, and also the volwiler research achievement award, also etc, etc. She has researched the presence or lack of the enzyme mono-amine monoxidase, and found relations to aggressive behavior in men. HOW APPROPRIATE. Now you know one type of defeciency you might have. (And everyone thought this thread was useless, it just goes to show you, you never know.)
    Anyway, all that to say, even if you could prove that there was a trend about men/women's functionality not caused by social history (good luck), you still can't have your ego boost from science by pretending you are a "man". You will have to get in line behind Jean Shih (far behind, mind you), and wait. How embarrasing for you, after all this invective. Reminds me of a famous book, "of MICE and men".

8. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

That's so lame, you ought to be paying me to educate you.

Let's do Joe de Savary, playboy son of a millionaire. When he buys a company, he is it's OWNER, not a MEMBER. See the difference? Any transfer of ownership precedes, in varying degrees, even tighter adherence to the principle of efficiency. There again, if you were any kind of businessman, you would already have known that, and certainly wouldn't have had time for 200+ posts

Whose this woman who made $30 million? Ah, yes. Anna Nicole Smith. Now, her I actually respect; she never made any pretence about having an IQ north of a peanut. Unlike most of her gender, whose average intellect hovers only a few notches above.

Congratulations for Ms Shih. Some glorified lab technician gets a piece of paper with a schoolmark 'Merit' on it from a body I've never heard of, makes the cover of a magazine I've NEVER heard of, and you trumpet her as the next...well, I don't know any famous female scientists. I wish her luck in her $35,000 a year salary, and hope her husband is doing better than she is - which is probably the case.

How many women have been on the cover of Scientific American?

Me? I make pretty good money, I probably save more per month than you or most people on this site earn in that month. And I do this by ensuring my time was well-spent when choosing which clients to see, and which to brush off.

Know the Mercedes dealerships have a saying when presenting to couples?

"Never pitch the bitch".

Jaybee.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

May the ghost of Jane Goodall come and haunt you in your dreams, JB, and poke your eyes with sharp sticks.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Of, course, women have little need for a surrogate penis.

At least, not that kind.

11. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Joe may start his own corporation and name himself ceo. It happens everyday. Do you need me to look up the word corporation for you too? Don't act retarded.

Also, the woman who makes more in a year than you will ever see is a televison producer, not a dumb-whore fantasy girl.

Also, the National Instutes of Health.
    Also, the university of southern california is very well known. Maybe not as well known as "hick county junior college" where you must have gone to school. Are you sure your name isn't supposed to be Jaycee from his class, instead of jaybee from his cast?

Lack of knowledge does not equal intelligence. Maybe if you understood that, you would not be spouting garbage.

***hint*** drop the science thing, since you are just putting your acheivements in the arena to shame. You make yourself look like even more of a loser if women aren't good at science and you are worse.
    How many times have you been on the cover of any magazine? At least Jean Shih has a chance at someday being on the cover of scientific american.

You could only make it as an example of "the missing link" in human evolutionary development.

Maybe work on, "Men are better salespeople than women". I'm sure we'll get rabid response from women who would like to catch up to your lower level management status. Quack.

Wait...
    I feel I am being conned here.
    You must be a mental sadist who likes being disparaged.
    You are just saying the most retarded things to get me to step on your balls.

12. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I should print this thread out and put it on my wall, so any time I don't feel happy I can read it and say, "at least I'm not that guy."

*edit*
    Of course, that would probably just make me feel more sad.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  13. Roman Banned Banned

Cole,
    You really need to work on you insults, girl.

14. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

I hope he works on his logic and overall worldliness first. The initial look of his replies appears promisingly fearsome, but within 2 lines I can see it's yet more of the same shit, just slightly recycled.

Cole, I'm not deliberately needling you. You're not worth my time. Just another dumb narrow-minded yank who thinks the whole English-speaking population of the world, about a billion, ought to know that 'USC' is a university in a country that only contains 30% of those speakers.

So no, you're not being conned. If so, you could have pulled the plug.

But you won't - you have nothing better to do. I'm phasing from the end of a juicy 6 month contract last week to a MUCH better paid one in March. I'm turning down offers of work because, quite frankly, I don't need to work.

Finally - you couldn't step high enough to suck on my balls if you had a ladder.

Note to your little Spider friend - tell him not to discuss things he can only dream about owning. Like a penis.

Jaybee

15. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Nice empty retorts.

I am not going to bother getting personal, as that is all you have left to say, I will leave you alone. You should concentrate more on your opinions of yourself, and your own value and go from there, instead of shining light on your shortcomings.

Why do I feel dragged down by the stupidity of other men, the same way some people feel lifted by other men's deeds? Their ignorance is not my fault, any more than newton's thoughts were due to my intelligence. What a curse.

16. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Men arent by nature better at science, they are beter at BOASTING theyre good at science. A lot of girls dont goto science depts. at colleges because theyll feel isolated, or maybe scared of geting harrased.. too many people fear that thesedays.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Studying science is not the same as doing science. Maybe we should make the distinction here.

18. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

You don't know that. In any case, all indications point to men indeed being better at science, intrinsically, than women. As I've said all along here.

Jaybee.

19. X-Bishop (B)eginning (E)nd Registered Senior Member

Is it hereditary that men are better than women @ science? Has it been proven genetically? Maybe maybe not... I'm not a femanists, but I do see that there may be certain factors that govern the ability to comprehend scientific inquiries. There's alot more gratification in men than women when it comes to science and mathematics (which is the science of numbers, but anywho). I'm not sure why...maybe it has to do a great deal social mobility or emotional falicies rather than logic. Not sure, but it may be .... Maybe it is hereditary. Maybe men are able to distinguish certain patterns better than women. Ultimately, there needs to be neurobiological research done based on neuro-protein, psychological, as well as neuro-electron reactions in order to make a complete justification of this matter.

20. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

Wouldn't surprise me if the research had already taken place, and the discovery so horrified the establishment that they (the findings) were quietly destroyed and all knowledge surpressed.

Jaybee

21. X-Bishop (B)eginning (E)nd Registered Senior Member

^hahaha....definitely....I also thought about that 2. Would be pretty interesting 2 see the results though.

22. X-Bishop (B)eginning (E)nd Registered Senior Member

u spelled better wrong....just wanted to point that out....wait......put that knife down......ahhhhhhhhhhh.......*jumps out of window*

23. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

Can you imagine the repercussions when almost 200 year of Feminism are proven to have been a woeful step in the wrong direction?

No way the powers that be will let such a faux pas go unnoticed and unchallenged, more to maintain the status quo than to smooth the continued descent into deceit.

I'm going to catch some shit for this, but men ARE superior, and most sane women concede this.

Jaybee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.