Meditation through Mp3s: How helpful are they?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Rick, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hi,

I have downloaded some from the internet, so how helpful really are these free Mp3s?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bob-bobby Born Again ;) Registered Senior Member

you can listen to your choice , moreover u dont need to spend money on it !!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Depends who is on there. I enjoy Alan Watts lectures on mp3. I wouldn't listen while meditating, because you shouldn't listen to anything then.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cotton Resident Pirate Registered Senior Member

Very strange I have never heard of this. Is it like an audiobook?

8. Rick Valued Senior Member

Its like a step by step process on how to meditate...something analogous to a hypnotic session

9. cotton Resident Pirate Registered Senior Member

Ah I see, like a beginners guide.

10. Rick Valued Senior Member

yeah...kind'a like that.

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Music is an excellent meditation aid too. Try finding a shamanic drumming session for example or ambient music.

12. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Music without words or with words you don't understand is great for such purposes. I have my playlists labled by moods, and each type of music brings up a different path for my mind; I'm a shaman myself in that way. But most of all I prefer silence; that way whatever's in my mind is pure from all outside influence. An artist's song is a bit of that artist's mind, alien to mine.

13. Proud Girl Banned Banned

i am not sure about the mp3 although i have the mv90, and wow there is no dildo better......
    Just turn it on and you are very relaxed,

14. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I've heard of something like this before . . . though ahhh of a slightly different nature. They were all godawffuly pathetic, of course, but I thought the idea was cute. The ones I listend too were geared toward subliminal or hypnotic indoctrination of acceptance and mental/physical body modifications mostly for BDSM purposes, hehe. I think the URL is http://www.warpyourmind.com or http://www.warpyourbrain.com or something like that. I don't dare to check the links, I'm on the school computers at the moment, and they'd get rather pissy if I were visiting such sites.

Anyhow, as far as mp3 meditation goes, I highy reccomend taking a Xanex and putting on some Pink Floyd. At school or not, I'm feeling a bit dazed (hey gotta' finish off that perscription, right? I'm not technicaly supposed to be taking all those xanex, but I've got a bottle full of 'em) and right now I've got The Final Cut cued up on my mp3 player - Darkside of the moon, Wish you Were here, and The wall prior to that. Being a usualy completely strung-out fingernail biter I find the combonation of Xanex and Pink Floyd to be liberatingly relaxing. There's the added bonus of it being mildly educational, as well! I never knew so much about the falkland Island war, for instance

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Well afterward, at least, correct? There's quite a bit of tension and urgent feelings beforehand. I've got a nice rubber phallus with a vibrating egg embeded in the base and wonderful variable resistor to adjust it from a light hum to. . . well. . . liquify. It's in a delightfully festive shape, as well, and I do hope you won't judge as there's not much to read into the fact, but it happens to be shaped like a kitfox's dick. There's nothing even semi-beastiality related about that, I assure you, the taperd tip makes for easier going in the begining, and if you're unfamilliar with the "Knot" structure at the base, well. . . It's nice to be able to work up to something, makes the ol' in-out a bit like a warmup to the grand climax. I very much reccomend it. The relaxation afterward, however is really dependant on your willingness to lay twitching and messy for a while once you're done, haha.

16. Sushupti Saver of Babies Registered Senior Member

if someone could link to these mp3s i'd be greatful.

17. Rick Valued Senior Member