Masturbation will make you blind and crippled - Let's finish it

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Happeh, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Facial Valued Senior Member

Sorry, Happeh, you'll have to put up with me, the cheerleader/name-caller known as Facial.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Facial Valued Senior Member

In case Happeh decides to delete or modify these words sometime in the future, let them stand in bold here.

In other news...

We all know that Pentawater can enhance your body's level of stamina!

And the ***new*** Q-ring bracelet can help balance your body's electrical ions, like Yin and Yang!

C'mon, Happeh. We know you gotta be selling something. Bust out your herbal supplements to cure the numerous maladies of masturbation!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Wrong. If it can be shown that people naturally tilt their heads and so on, that refutes the basic premiss of your theory. And that is trivial to show.

You're right about the relation to your theory. As for attacks, they may just be astute observations.

Wrong. It is quite sensible to ask for independent corroboration. Such corroboration often makes a theory that much more convincing. The lack of corroboration doesn't always mean a theory is wrong. But lack of any evidence, combined with the ready availability of alternative explanations, makes it the most logical provisional conclusion to draw.

A simple internet survey which requires people to post photos and answer questions would be a good start, and would cost almost nothing. And yet, in all your posting on the internet, you've never thought to do this.

So far, you haven't presented any compelling evidence. But I'm happy to look at any actual evidence you want to present. On the other hand, there's no point posting 1000 examples, all the same and all of which have a straightforward alternative explanation.

Fair enough.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

I found this page about "Ellen White" (19th century) - a delusional adventist - who among many other frauds - claimed the same thing about masturbation - that it "causes health problems". She believed in an energy called "vital energy".

NOTE that this page refers to real research which has been conducted.

http://www.ellenwhite.org/criticc.htm

""In 1966, researchers Masters & Johnson revealed the practice to be virtually universal in North America, cutting across all boundaries of sex, age, race, and social class. In 1971 Goldstein, Haeberle & McBride determined masturbation to be the most common form of sexual activity among humans. Recent studies have shown 95% of men, and 89% of women have practiced masturbation.
    There is no scientific evidence masturbation causes blindness, insanity, or any of the diseases named by Ellen White. Any human being, with any common sense at all can reason that masturbation can be no more harmful than the act of sex itself! The Cleveland Clinic says:

In general, the medical community considers masturbation to be a natural and harmless expression of sexuality for both men and women. It does not cause any physical injury or harm to the body, and can be performed in moderation throughout a person's lifetime as a part of normal sexual behavior." (© Copyright 2001, The Cleveland Clinic)
    Even among Seventh-day Adventist physicians, with the exception of a few Ellen White devotees, there is now a near universal belief that masturbation does not cause the above illnesses. ""

....."For a good while (1700-1900), Western medical wisdom viewed masturbation as draining vital energies and somehow related to mental illness. During the 20th century medical and scientific research proved the myths of the health ills of masturbation to be complete fiction. "

http://www.ellenwhite.org/criticc.htm

Happeh, are you a fan of Ellen White?

Here is another page which refers to real research which dispells the myth that excess sexual activity is harmful:
    http://www.ellenwhite.org/excess.htm

Well Happeh?
    And I'd still like to know if you can produce any photographs of "Happeh fibres".

8. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

"From a 20th-century medical perspective, I can assure you that this activity in no way affects mental or physical health."
    -- Dr. Peter Gott, nationally syndicated medical columnist, August 12, 1997.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

huwy
    i gaurantee you happeh will dismiss everything that you posted

wanna bet?

edit
    i just got back from the second to last link
    and it sounds like happeh so much its spooky

i second your question
    "happeh are you a fan of ellen white"?

thanks for the post huwy. its more info to expose this fraud for what he is.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  10. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Thanks man

I wish I'd found that site and discovered Ellen White a long time ago.
    It was actually the first result to my google search.

Its obvious her agenda was related to her being an adventist - basically she also felt threatened by sexual activity - so wrote books trying to force other people to stop through lies.

What really stands out is not just the page and whoever wrote it, but the research it quotes - proving that 95% of men masturbate.

The second page about the myth of "marital excess" quotes research that shows that the more men have sex, the healthier they are and less likely of dying.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

i sent you a pm

12. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

"Phrenology was introduced as a supposedly scientific medical discipline...but its easy application by self-taught experts quickly led to its use by quacks for commercial exploitation of gullible persons, very much like astrology, palm-reading, tarot and similar esoteric approaches. "Phrenological Parlours" sprouted throughout Europe and the USA in the popular heyday of this movement, between 1820 and 1842. People used the advice of phrenologists for everything, including for hiring employees, for selecting a partner for marriage and for diagnosing mental illness or the origin of psychological afflictions. "

from http://www.ellenwhite.org/phrenology.htm

Ironically astrology is still unbelievably popular. Its such a load of bullshit.

13. Happeh Registered Senior Member

That is not right. How can you possible say that and expect respect?

If my theory is "people die from a bullet to the heart", then you say, "People die naturally so your theory is bogus", that doesn't make any sense at all.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

then why are you here happeh?
    if this place is so full of clowns AND it's obvious we don't want you here then why?

you are a loser happeh, a fraud, and a liar.
    it has been proved to you that the "theory" wasn't even coined by you
    the crap you spew about masturbation is as old as humanity
    "face reading" has been around since the 17th century

go home happeh, and take your bullshit with you

15. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

5) For men, masturbation or regular sex is good for the prostate and can prevent painful prostate blockage. Storing seminal fluids for long periods can also cause prostate congestion, which in turn can lead to urinary and ejaculatory pain. Regular ejaculations can help ward off this condition, also called nonspecific prostatitis A study by Dr. Michael Leitzmann (from the National Cancer Institute) of 29,000 men found "higher elevations of ejaculation appear to protect men from developing prostate cancer." The study suggested that frequent ejaculations may decrease the concentration of "chemical carcinogens which readily accumulate in prostatic fluid."3,4

3) ""Masturbation For Good Health" by Robert Pollack, Ph.D., Highlights From Men's Health
    http://www.bettydodson.com/benefits.htm

(4) "Frequent Ejaculations May Counter Prostate Cancer", Apr. 6, 2005, Reuters, By Michael Conlon.

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

what a childish and immature response when faced with the facts
    but i am not surprised.
    happeh has DENIED EVERYTHING that proves him wrong

asked to provide a photo of "happeh's fibers"
    and says the above quote

edit
    happeh deleted another of his posts
    thats okay happeh cause i will start saving them to my hard drive

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  17. leopold Valued Senior Member

what did i tell you huwy?

18. Happeh Registered Senior Member

No. It is Israeli World Domination lying to you to keep you stupid.

The concepts of Phrenology are valid. In your link it says

"The organs governing man's "animal" propensities were located in the back and lower part of the head, while the organs of intellect and reason occupied the frontal region. Since the relative strength of any propensity could be determined by measuring the size of its matching organ, it was not difficult for the initiated to "read" a person's character by carefully examining the skull."

If you go look in an anatomy book, you will find that the parts of the brain associated with the animal or sex drive are located at the lower rear part of the brain. Just as is said in the quote above.

Modern science corroborates the claim from the link you posted. This is what it means to be smart Huwy. To know things from a variety of disciplines, pull them together, and make something new out of it.

As long as Cris, Light, James, Snakelord, Ophiolite and those other power trippers are your heroes, your life is going to be one long fight for power.

If you want to know how the world works, with no power trips or fighting, all you have to do is talk to me. In a fun, happeh and friendly way, I would tell you everything I know about life.

It is your choice. Money, Power, Status, Stress, Hate, Power Games, Stabbing people in the back to get ahead, lying.

Or.

Fun, Friendliness, learning new knowledge, opening your mind to what life is really truly about, increasing your personal energy so that you can join the society of elevated people. Those guys above do not get to join elevated society. Elevated people will not allow haters or hurters to join.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes it is valid, when dealing with cultural differences
    it has NOTHING to do with masturbation you dumbass

we are talking about you reading faces
    http://skepdic.com/personology.html

20. Happeh Registered Senior Member

And the cowardice continues. 3 pages of spitball throwers, 2 real posts. One of which is a person who immediatly breaks the rules set down in the first post.

Out of the entire membership of sciforums, only one man, Mercaptan, demonstrates anything approaching the intelligence of a human being, the knowledge of a scientist, or the courtesy, politeness and friendliness to behave like a real human being participating in a discussion.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

so in essence you are saying
    there is no scientific evidence to support your claims?
    even after 10 years?

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

huwy
    if you see anything in my posts that happeh should answer
    please post it because happeh has me on ignore
    for some reason

he's a nutcase for sure
    maybe thats why,
    i see right through his ass

23. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Just because their take on the location of certain functions in the brain was correct (one concept) -- does not mean you can conclude phrenology is correct.
    Phrenology involved making assumptions about a person's personality by the size and shape of their head - when in reality - brains differ very little in size and shape between people. The shape or size of a person's head, does not determine their personality in the slightest.

I see you took your angry penis forum offline.
    Happeh, why do you continue to seek validation from others on this forum?
    You haven't answered anyones questions lately. Your not afraid of answering questions are you?

Could you please describe the "society of elevated people"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.