Masculinity and Madness

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by WANDERER, Dec 31, 2004.

1. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Tu tu tip tip tip too too ah uh eh. Mwhah. Oh-ho-ho-oh.

Damnit, I don't get this. Personal affairs, but dealt with in a manner that is supposedly to look impersonal. To read between the lines is easier than to follow the text. A court with mes dames and monsieurs. Lots of powder and looks, hidden behind an eventail [fuck it, I don't know the English word for that item]. And then what? Rossini in the back? Okay. And next? A thousand half-hidden remarks, scattered around various threads, everything so carefully done that it might either be a grand conspiracy, a lie, or simply non-existent.

Oh, what men do. What men might do ...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

Whe-hee! All the girls in the room together, I bet they'll be on the same cycle within days.
    Even bubble-head is back, skulking about for a piece of the action, whilst the action tries to make his peace with the he-bitches.

water:
    It's like Melrose Place, only in electronic format.

I wouldn't describe anyone participating in this thread as a "man"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Lucysnow:
    You...don't get it.
    What's a pity is the impotence of not being able to strangle another for thinking they have something in the palm of their hands.
    It bites.

All one has here is the pathetic medium.

Water:
    And a gorgeous Marat in the background..

A fugue from Bach.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Xev: I bet they'll be on the same cycle within days.
    Even bubble-head is back, skulking about for a piece of the action

No actually I am still away but my EARS were burning. 'Skulking for a piece of action' seems to be your game not mine...I don't seek lovers over the net nor degrade myself thereafter by engaging in a public slaughter. Now remember, dont shit where you eat nor eat where you shit.

Gendy: You...don't get it.
    What's a pity is the impotence of not being able to strangle another for thinking they have something in the palm of their hands.
    It bites.

Understood but please don't make referrences to me concerning the both of them, I am an innocent bystander like yourself.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  8. WANDERER Banned Banned

You are all OFF TOPIC!

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

The topic is retarded.

Lucysnow:
    I don't troll the 'net for boyfriends. Some people might not start retarded topics if they REALIZED this.
    Hence the slaughter.
    "The impotence of not being able to strangle another for thinking they had a hook on something"

By the by, I love the catty insinuation. Tell me, did you come by it in your attempts to get into Blunder-buss' panties?
    A man who'll repeat one email conversation and think it significant will certainly repeat another.
    I'm just waiting for them to be posted verbaitem rather than interpreted. How I'll be exposed for the ugliness I am.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. water the sea Registered Senior Member

How utterly unoriginal. Blegh.
    You know what is worse than Melrose Place? Melrose Place synchronised into Hungarian.

Of course.
    No man would start a thread about masculinity and madness.

Nah, we need something more dingy for this particular occasion.

What? This here is supposedly a public slaughter? Of whom? Of what?
    Time, if anything.

NO, WE ARE NOT OFF TOPIC.
    THE TOPIC IS MASCULINITY AND MADNESS.

Because you can't, you don't, and you won't stop, because you can't, you don't, and you won't stop, because you can't, you don't, and you won't stop.

11. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

So, is this thread about the guys who sang, "mirror in the bathroom" being femme? Or maybe that was the english beat? Whatever.
    Inane.
    I wasted six minutes of my life reading this thread, not that someone would be (hu)man enough to say - I'm sorry I polluted your screen with, "you are stupid!!!".
    I think wanderer is a politician. I have never seen anyone talk more (I'm not exaggerating), and say less about a subject than donald rumsfeld.
    Nice title for a thread, though. I give wanderer that.

Oh...
    I see.
    Sorry.
    This is supposed to be a demonstration, not a discussion.
    Psuedo-masculinity introduced into an environment causes madness.
    And so it does.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Cole Grey,

Lovely to have you here!

13. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

No, the topic is motherfucking retarded and you misspelled verbatim.

Lucysnow:
    Understood.
    But please don’t infer this bullshit “Did you fuck him or simply considered it? Desire, disappointment, hatred, indifference...tis a pity.” Ever again.

I like men, not this:
    http://www.female-bodybuilders.org/

Cole Grey:
    Ta-ta.

Now come come- have you nothing to say concerning this most pressing issue of masculinity?

Water:
    LIAR!!

14. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Water,
    Thanks, you are my hero.

I probably could find a few things to say, but the issue isn't pressing. For me. Obviously some men are more concerned.

I thought someone was going to correlate the title's ideas.

I can say that my brother is more "masculine" acting than I (I feel that I am a bit more balanced and lack the need to display my obvious masculinity), and he is in jail. But who is more "mad"? I would say he thinks much more in accord with the crowd than I do in relation to his mental process. Is this example more tellingly, drug abuse and madness?

OR

George W. Bush - Masculinity and Madness

Good title for a book.

Perfect.

15. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I get the impression you're totally comfortable with your level of masculinity from this comment.
    The non chalante tongue in cheek feel of that post has me thinking you're a manimal of some sort.

Fenris wolf has taught me a few things about analysing the people behind these user names.
    You see, only scared little wimps are really interested in condemming the effeminate, just like the racists here are really niggers.
    Everyone's sitting at home tapping their noses and winking, not realising that no one can see them. We're all still getting used to this cyber space thing.
    Fenris wolf himself is only kidding when he openly portrays himself as a spineless turd.
    He's actually a powerfully independent leader type, who doesn't take shit from, what he refers to as, "bitches".

Like him you couldn't really give a shit about all this "masculinity" talk because you tackle scrub cattle in your spare time.
    I've got you pegged right?
    It's great being a genius, and surprisingly easy.

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Gendy: Understood.
    But please don’t infer this bullshit “Did you fuck him or simply considered it? Desire, disappointment, hatred, indifference...tis a pity.” Ever again.

Why not? Since you were the first to drag my name into this, and not too kindly I may add. Anyway...

Water: This here is supposedly a public slaughter?

Public because of the nature of this medium, slaughter is my way of describing the verbal vindictiveness thrown back and forth.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  17. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Well, well. Look who wants to play. You took your time, lou lou.
    I can see, though, that the time has come to clarify one or two points.
    Firstly, and most obviously, it should be apparent from my presence here that I myself am not completely immune from reading this sort of thread, although the reasons for my doing so might escape you. So let us dispense with all of that from the very start, shall we? I'm quite confident you'll understand how this applies to you. Now do me a favour and drop the pretense.
    Secondly. I am in no way any sort of leader, nor do I tackle scrub cattle in my spare time. I would have thought that that would be more your province, but... you're here, instead. Why is that, lou? You know, I would be terribly impressed if you actually did prove to be anything like you describe yourself. You have no idea how sincere I am in saying that.
    Is it that you are content in the perpetuation of this society you despise so much, or is it more that you simply... wet yourself at the reality of having to actually do anything about it.
    You have an opportunity here.

*edit - Hello, Lucy. Long time no read.

18. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Fenris Wolf:
    We must always remember that Dr. Lou is our local ‘If only’ guy.

He’s that timid clerk hiding a dangerous beast with his work tie!
    “Goths only wish they were on the outside what I am on the inside. Grrrrr.”
    Hmm.
    Clark Cunt, I like that.

19. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Ha!
    So do I. First time I've been tempted to use a smiley for a long time.

20. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Manimal? Isn't everyone one? Or a womanimal? What does this word mean to you?
    I wonder if "bitch" will soon be a word which is widely considered offensive, like "nigger" is. I don't enjoy the word "bitch" like I used to.

I actually would find a discussion on the subject interesting, if one were to begin on this thread. It just isn't something I dwell on much. Most of the people I know appreciate femininity and masculinity for what fun and variety they provide, and don't try to turn the ideas into caracitures.
    As a matter of fact, I would sooner do yoga than lift weights, but because I would never start a fight, people just seem to know that I am not one for play-fighting with. As wesley willis sang, "fuck with me and find out". But no, no cattle.

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Cole Grey: Most of the people I know appreciate femininity and masculinity for what fun and variety they provide, and don't try to turn the ideas into caracitures.

HaHa, well there are always drag-queens.

*Greetings Fenris.

22. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

There's not a male in existence who doesn't use those very same words, or a variant of them. Particularly in this medium.
    Some things are simply inescapable, are they not? It has little to do with whether or not a fight might ensue... it is the thought of being seen as not worthy of respect. In the "real world", such words are uttered far more carefully, and in the presence of a potential threat, only after consideration of consequence.

23. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

And there are always those that can appreciate people only in extremes:
    Hero or villain, strong or weak, gorgeous or ugly, precious or worthless, black or white.

With no cognitive handle on nuance.

Cole Grey:
    Blasphemies!
    You were picking on little gendanken for saying thoughts were impossible without words.
    She almost peed on herself with indignity.

Poor, poor girl.