Marriage And Chatting

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by tresbien, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Kadark Banned Banned

Yeah, the moderation here is quite poor, unless you make a harmless joke about gays. Then people go out of their way to ban your ass!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

stick to slagging iff muslims, islam, quran
    you'll be safe.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Are you hitting on Enmos??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Apparently he thought I was a girl.. must be the Megan Fox avatar haunting me.. :shrug:

8. Kadark Banned Banned

Huh?!

9. Kadark Banned Banned

Nah, I thought you were a girl because you were arguing with like three other girls in about two or three different threads over nonsensical bullshit.

I'm just having some fun here.

10. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

stick to slagging off islam, you wont get banned, what, im speaking norwegian??

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Hey, I was arguing all by myself, they just joined me

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Advocating death is a bannable offence. You should be glad I could only give one day according to the rules. If I had my way it would have been a week. :bugeye:

13. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

damn you're sexxy when you get mad.

14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Hehe, it is kind of sad, that most of you have no fucking idea about online dating and that the thread went offtopic with girlfight.

Now if you really want to LEARN something about the topic, ask me nicely and I will share all the wisdom and experience, including mine....

P.S.: I met with my wife online...

15. Kadark Banned Banned

Riiiight.

I don't give a fuck! You know the ban was bullshit.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I was just here for the girlfight.. :shrug:

Share your experiences please, and I did make a comment about it..

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1745046&postcount=33

17. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

As you know, my husband is american and I am brazilian.

We met in Rio, but after that most of our relationship has been through the internet.

I think that, despite how annoying it is to really want to be with someone and not be able to, a long distance relationship has the great advantage of making the couple talk a lot to eachother.
    Talking is all we can do right now, so we talk about everything. It makes us very intimate to eachother.

Also, when we ge to see eachother, the sex is unbelievable

18. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

OK, since this is a big topic, I will share my experiences in a series, let's call it Syzygys' guide to online dating. First I would like to establish my credentials:

Before I got married I dated mostly online, ladies from 3-4 different states. Of course as luck would have it, the woman whom you find most interesting will live the farest. My approach was that after getting to know each other a bit I prefered a personal meeting (if possible because of distance) because why waste time/emotions on a person who might be a wonderful online friend/love interest, but in real life there is no chemistry?
    So I actually flew to 2-3 different cities to meet with online dates. Not crosscountry, just 1 hour fligths (I am not that crazy). There is a certain distance that is not worthy to go farer, or should I say, bigger the online chemistry, more distance can be covered.
    Eventually I met with my wife online using AOL's (used to be) free matchmaking service. Since we lived in the same city, we didn't chitchat online for long but prefered real life meeting. The rest is history...

Just two stories before we start the course:

Success story: A friend of mine met her future husband in a message board similar to Sciforums. They actually lived in 2 different countries, but are the same nationalities. The chemistry was so great, that they didn't even exchange pictures before they met. They did recognize the other at the first meeting. Since my friend moved to the husband's country, they got married and have 2 girls. The end.....

Horror story: My friend who is a very fat woman, fall in love online. The chemistry was great and they also didn't exchange pictures. She invited the dude over for a long weekend. When on Friday the guy arrived there was a big disappointment on both sides. The guy saw an incredibly fat woman, and the woman met a hippy with beard. They couldn't wait until the end of the weekend. There was never a follow up. The end...

19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

seriously, the long distance relationship thing is nothing new
    it's just better/more popular now because the internet makes it so much easier

20. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Anyway, let's start the series with a simple question: What do you want to get out of online dating?

The approach obviously should be different for a teenager who is shy and a twice divorced mother of 2, over 35. Once you know what you want out of a relationship, and you are relative honest with yourself and with the match if we add a little common sense the rest is really not that hard.

So do you want a :
    -friend
    -spouse
    -lover
    -all of the above
    -something else
    -etc.etc.

Depending on your answer you should chose a different website. The last time I dated was 7 years ago, so I am a little bit behind what's out there, nevertheless the point is that there are specialized websites for everyone's needs. So choose accordingly...

First big rule: never lie in your profile more, than you would in areal life meeting. Sooner or later the truth will come out, and that will not be pleasant for either party.

Example: My roommate had a glamour photo. It was gorgeaus. Except she never looked like that in the real life, not to mention it was an OLD photo. But she put it up in her profile anyway. Of course when she went to meet a dude in real life, the guy got disappointed rightfully so, because basicly he was lied to.

So little lies are OK about weight (not more than 15 LBS!!) and age (not more than 5 years) and salaries (hm,hm) but let's keep it real, shall we?

What you shouldn't lie about are your marital status, children, and job. Now that you know that people lie, take everything what you read in profiles with a grain of salt and healthy scepticism. As Ronnie said about the Russians: Trust, but verify!

Eventually online dating just like everything comes down to risk and reward. How much you are getting out of it and how much you are risking. (time,emotions,money,etc.)

It is a great way to meet people, specially with special interest, and in the 21st century and the age of Myspace, it should be more common.
    One note of caution: there are lots of weirdos out there so be very careful what kind of personal information you give out. Also when you set up a real date, make sure it is in a safe enviroment and some friends of your knows about it....

21. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

does the distance ever tempt you to go astray?
    out of sight....etc?

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Correct. I never understand when people are affraid to do it or find it strange. There are so much advantage of it....

23. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Good times.