Marijuana

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Xellos, Jan 16, 2006.

1. leopold Valued Senior Member

marijuana also exposes the user to other drugs

but the main culprit is like you said wes
    the mechanics of a marijuana high in combination with it being a relativly mild drug coupled with the personality type leads to other drugs

there are some people that will say "marijuana doesn't force you to do harder drugs" and they are right, it's the type of person you are

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Let's make everybody take an official personality test and if they are prone to trying hard drugs we just put them in jail.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

marijuana is the first drug seen when someone exposes themselves to drugs. when they pursue it, or indulge it in on an offer, they are opening themselves to that aspect of the world. marijuana exposes nothing in and of itself... until you smoke it I mean.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

actually I would personally recommend 1 LSD trip and 1 mushroom trip as a requirement at least once per adult, for reasons of perspective. of course I wouldn't force the issue, it's just a recommendation which if indulged, should be accompanied by some counseling on forthcoming events prior to indulgance. seriously, they are eye openers. I wouldn't recommend frequenting either, but a few times in a lifetime is highly desirable as I see it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Hehe, yeah that seems like the general idea doesn't it? It's pathetic. It's just a means of control. I don't blame anyone for wanting such control, as IMO it's simply instinct to attempt to control environmental factors to as much of an extent as one can.

However..

It's my personal opinion that when someone IS prone to such experimentation or addiction, society must allow it up to the point that direct physical harm is caused to other individuals or their property. The people who do so, need to in order to learn what they must from the experience. Providing advice to them on your opinion of their behavior is perfectly reasonable, but forcibly preventing it short of the harm clause above is IMO, criminal. IMO, such allowances are the cost of freedom, regardless of one's personal tastes.

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

speak to me. have guts .......what?
    can you not read article?

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

and also,hey. i am not holing up some scientists --the bleedin obvious --report to justify t myself what i sayall along. i can tink for myself. but article amuses me for one cause it shows wat a right fukin stupid mss the whole charade issss

and listen up leopold, etal. the CRITICAL issu is not whether it leads to harder drugs. it is YOU etc have no right whatsoever to tell me etc, who are adults, what plant and/or we may choose to ingest

got?

10. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

These aren't things I haven't said to you before, several times.

By the way, are you a pikey, rroma or gypsy? Because your English sucks, even more than most. Especially coming from the UK where it is your primary language. Either that or the pot has gotten to you way more than you think.

Look at your posts from our perspective, they are mostly incoherent, completely lacking spelling and grammar, and they are ripe with paranoid comments. I'll repeat, Marijuana is bad for your health, mmkay?

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

and i repeat. not as bad as you are. now off it and meditate

12. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

See what I mean, leopold? Just a scrappy little junk yard dog with nothing important to add to any conversation. Best to just kick her to the curb before she bites.

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

yur doin enuf bitin for everyone scrappy little junkyard dog ...wuff wufff!

14. nameless Registered Senior Member

In his marvelous little book, "The Doors of Perception", Aldous Huxley quotes the Cambridge philosopher C. D. Broad:
    ". . . we should do well to consider much more seriously than we have hitherto been inclined to do . . . the suggestion that the function of the brain and nervous system and sense organs is in the main eliminative and not productive. Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful."

In referring to this state of all-knowing as Mind At Large, Huxley continues:
    "Each one of us is potentially Mind at Large. But in so far as we are animals, our business is at all costs to survive. To make biological survival possible, Mind at Large has to be funneled through the reducing valve of the brain and nervous system. What comes out at the other end is a measly trickle of the kind of consciousness which will help us stay alive on the planet.

"To formulate and express the contents of this reduced awareness, man has invented and endlessly elaborated those symbol-systems and implicit philosophies which we call languages. Every individual is at once the beneficiary and the victim of the linguistic tradition into which he has been born--the beneficiary inasmuch as language gives access to the accumulated records of other people's experience, the victim in so far as it confirms him in the belief that reduced awareness is the only awareness, and as it bedevils his sense of reality, so that he is all too apt to take his concepts for data, his words for actual things. That which, in the language of religion, is called "this world" is the universe of reduced awareness, expressed, and, as it were, petrified by language.

"The various "other worlds" with which human beings erratically make contact are so many elements in the totality of the awareness belonging to Mind At Large. Most people, most of the time, know only what comes through the reducing valve and is consecrated as genuinely real by the local language. Certain persons, however, seem to be born with a kind of temporary by-pass which circumvents the reducing valve. In others, temporary by-passes may be acquired either spontaneously, or as the result of deliberate "spiritual exercises", or through hypnosis, or by means of drugs. Through these permanent or temporary by-passes there flows . . . something more than, and above all something different from the carefully selected utilitarian material which our narrowed, individual minds regard as a complete, or at least sufficient, picture of reality." -Aldous Huxley, The Doors of Perception, 1954, Harper & Row.

The old notion is that a drug that makes you feel good, like booze, when you stagger around and say, "Hey, I'm great, I'm the best one on the block", that's not what we mean by feeling good or getting high. Getting high is that sense of union, wonder, revelation, merging with something that's bigger than yourself.
    --Timothy Leary

15. Ember-To-Inferno Destiny Is What You Make Of It Registered Senior Member

first off all im going to tell you to yah off deundy to tell you thge truth she is a genius i talk to ehr alot over private messages she is trying to point out that herds are eye opener they open your mind to many diffrent thougts that woudlnt be able to comprehend if you havnt done the drug it is not her fault she is trying to tell you what she knows which btw is ALOT about the issue of drugs everything i have learned from ehr is an eye opener ive already know many of the things we discuss but she knows more about the subjects and expandes more on the ideas i have in my head her grammer and spelling should not friggen matter at all who cares about what race she is jsut drop it there is nothing you can do about it and its going to stay the same as it is now

drugs have been used all throught ancient times to bring people to spiritual arest to help to get to know himself better and the surroundeds we all live in... it is only now that drugs are viewed bad and the reson why they are viewd as mad is because they make you think MAKE YOU THINKG DEEPLY about world issues and everything that is happeneng around us... now why would they be view as bad?? because we live in a world where medie the goverment and everything is based on dummying down the masses so they are easier to control think about it if certian drugs make us think of course they are going to put out the word that they are bad beacuse they dont want us to think! alchohol doesnt make us think it make us think that much it makes us want to party and have a good time MJ on the other hand does the oppisate that is why it is illigel....

see in the acient time people didnt really get addicted to drugs beacuse they didnt know they could be addicted now all people hear about drugs beeing addictive and the bad effects of the drugs HMMM that makes me think even more and you want to know why beacuse i ahve just thought has it ever occerd to anyone that the media has already subliminally put the effects of all the drugs into our minds? what i mean by this is now people, teens, adults are only doing these drugs to TRIP out to get fucked up and we see it on tv all the time in acient times they did the drugs to like i siad befor better get to know the envorment and ourselves if we didnt have the Tv or the news papers telling us about tripping out and jsut getting fucked up we would still be doing the same as the ancients... when we all do drugs we shouldnt do it to jsut trip out THAT IS THE BAD ABOUT DRUGS NOW we should be doing drugs to open our mind to let us see the things we havnt noticed about life befor THIS is the positive of drugs and this is how it should be this is what should go through everyones heads while they are doing drugs... and hopefully you all see what im trying to get at and what duendy is getting at also.... there is just ALOT more then meets the eyes of the blinded...

p.s. deundy dont shink down to there level they are just trying to push your buttons for knowing thinkgs that they cant comprehend they are jsut basically trying to get you to flip out enough so you get ban on these forums just keep doing what you are doing and dont let it phase you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  16. leopold Valued Senior Member

i was going to read your entire post but this dissuaded me

17. Ember-To-Inferno Destiny Is What You Make Of It Registered Senior Member

LMFAO hey man trust me i could care less if you dont want to read my post you probly wounldnt understand that much of it anyways im just a stupid 18 year old anyways you shouldnt keep grudges everyone has diffrent oppinions why hold people agiasnt what they have experianced know or seen since you yourself have probly experianced many diffrent things.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

who said i hold grudges?

19. Ember-To-Inferno Destiny Is What You Make Of It Registered Senior Member

well it looks liek to me you are holding one against duendy for having a diffrent view then you do and you basically said that by saying

i was going to read your entire post but this dissuaded me

that looks like agrudge to me not wanting to read my post becuase you dont like duendy's views on certian things and me agreeing wiht her basically? but lets get back on topic now i am not here to change the topic or provoke people i would like people to comment on what i have prevoisly said and not this non sence since it is off topic

20. leopold Valued Senior Member

after you have tried in vain to read most of duendys posts i think you will see where i'm coming from

21. Ember-To-Inferno Destiny Is What You Make Of It Registered Senior Member

welll acually i read every singal one of duendys posts that i see i enjoy reading them acually they make alot of sence if you ask me the spelling errors are jsut a way to say hey if you want to understand what im saying put more effort into reading the errors make sence of the sentances..

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

if imadfe ttyher mkidrteakes tyha sdhr mkaskes tyhwen i weuoldn;'t ber tasken werioswly eityer

try real hard to make sense of that sentence
    if you can not then you aren't trying hard enough

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

but enough of that
    this thread is about marijuana
    not about screwed up sentences