Make Your Full-Size Car Get 200 MPG

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by FatFreddy, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

You misspelled your name.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

One can utilize an ultrasonic nebulizer to enhance this technology

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

High pressure fuel injection does the same thing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

This guy says that just by pre-heating the fuel, his mileage increased from 26 mpg to 36 mpg.

Fuel Pre Heater Project for 89 Ford Mustang

youtube (dot) com/watch?v=BhmBNY19M_0

The link in post #18 doesn't work anymore. Here's a new link.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gashole

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yep. Heating either the fuel or the air increases mileage by a few percent (not 38%) at the cost of lower power. The mechanism is reduction of pumping losses; the throttle plate has to open wider to get the same amount of air in when you heat it, so less energy is spent getting all that air to pass through the throttle.

9. DrKrettin Registered Senior Member

This topic bubbles up at regular intervals. Back in the 1980s a friend of mine had more or less the same idea and had some kind of patent. He even managed to have his device fitted to all taxis in Cardiff (UK). He fell out with me when I agreed to his request to install it in my car to test the thing, but when he sent me a surprise bill for the installation I refused to pay. So he removed it. There was a TV programme at the time, whose name I have forgotten (Science Today?) which investigated scientific claims. They actually tested his device by running two cars all over the country for a couple of days, one with and one without the device, and found absolutely no difference in performance. Of course, the inventor complained of unfair this and unfair that, not scientific and so on. I have to admit it was not a very controlled experiment by the TV prog. But that invention fizzled out like they all do.

10. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

Here's the video at the bottom of post #1 that doesn't work anymore.

CO 2 and Zyklon-B - part 3 of 6

As I said in post #1, if a gas engine will run on smoke, its running on gas fumes doesn't seem that improbable. I think engineers could work out all the bugs.

If it stops working again, click here.
    https://www.google.es/search?q=Dies...rome..69i57.1362j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here's the one from post #18.

GasHole - 100+ MPG Technology Shelved

If it stops working again, click here.
    https://www.google.es/search?q=Gash...g-rdAhUnsKQKHSzHAz8Q_AUICygC&biw=1024&bih=677

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

It won't. It will, however, run on woodgas.
    Sure they could. But there's no improvement in gas mileage. That pesky law of thermodynamics again.

Meanwhile, I have a car that _actually_ gets hundreds of miles per gallon. It's a Prius Prime. It has 6000 miles on it and I've only filled it up once.

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

it is not smoke.
    existing technology to get an idea is called a "Turbo".
    great to see people inventing things.
    best to keep in mind such modifications would be illegal to drive on all 1st world public roads or to move passengers on in a private road(operating a passenger vehicle public or private).

car companys have always been looking to tweak the wasted fuel product.
    it takes quite a bit of extra engine attachments in the engine bay and the biggest issue is suddenly applying some form of pressure tank into the front of the vehicle which instantly invalidates all its road licenses for safety.

the pressure vessel is inside the crumple zone of a front end impact which creates an explosion on impact.
    this invalidates its safety ratings and renders the vehicle un-salable as a public product by car manufacturers.
    the associated cost to include those systems in the front end means a MASSIVE increase in structural design and a complete re-design of the entire car.

remeber people who buy cars crash them then blame everyone else.

13. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

Check this out.

http://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/energy-news/?p=1310
    (excerpt)
    -------------------------------------
    ask any mechanic,
    “Any car can run on fumes. I (and countless other shadetree mechanics) have started, idled and revved quite a few engines using only a rag with some gasoline on it (don’t try this at home).” – Ike B.
    “We just squirt a little gas into the carb and run the engine long enough to do any testing.” – owner of an auto repair shop

14. David C On planet earth Registered Senior Member

Why? I mean you obviously don't have the slightest clue about it and gullibly believe any old horseshit so long as it's some dumbass conspiracy!

Any car can run on fumes.......and?

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

If your mechanic tells you your car can run on fumes - the first thing to do is find a new car mechanic.
    He, and countless other Internet frauds, make similar claims all the time.

16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Engineers love those type of things.
    however, when your talking about real world application to deliver power to weight ratios and moving
    eg a family of 4 with 200kgs of luggage 500kms return trip...(750km to 1000km return trip week long holiday with around 600kgs total weight with unquestioning reliability)

it becomes a whole different ball game.

there is no such gas as "smoke"
    smoke is a state of compounds or compound.

pre-heating and then partially burning wood to create a combustable gas that has oxygen & uncombusted wood material in it that then gets reburnt at a higher temperature...
    produces thrust at the crank
    makes the car go forward...
    it is dirty needs super heated combustion to burn cleaner and leaves an awful lot of particulate matter that is the main reason deisel engines are now being removed from the consumer market.

cross read on catalytic converters if your lost.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Cheesus Crust... what level of stupidity have I waded into here?!

I ain't got the energy for this at 11pm XD

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  18. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

(fyi)
    i spent nearly an hour researching basic links to see if i could find how the solid fuel gas/wood-gas engine is topped up with wood chips(its wood chips which takes even more carbon to create)
    though i could not find anything.
    i do recal part of a conversation several decades ago.
    i think the crux of the issue was requiring to stop and put more saw-dust in at specificly timed intervals as well as never needing to go up any steep hills(there is no gauge to tell you the wood chips are about to be all burnt up and loose all your power and then have to spend another 45 minutes starting the fire up again).
    a car or buss that wont go up hills is fairly limited

19. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Re-inventing the wheel, the Internet's sole purpose.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  20. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

21. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

22. elte Valued Senior Member

An easier test of the idea of increased fuel economy by injecting gasoline that is in a gas state, rather than just being in a misted state, into an engine cylinder, is to convert a gasoline engine to propane and then measure the miles per gallon in each case. However, the difference in the energy content between a gallon of liquid gasoline and a gallon of liquid propane would have to be factored in.

Here's a clue.
    https://afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/propane.html

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You ain't going to get anywhere near 200 gal/mile no matter what you do.