Make Your Full-Size Car Get 200 MPG

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by FatFreddy, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

You misspelled your name.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

One can utilize an ultrasonic nebulizer to enhance this technology

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat Valued Senior Member

High pressure fuel injection does the same thing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

This guy says that just by pre-heating the fuel, his mileage increased from 26 mpg to 36 mpg.

Fuel Pre Heater Project for 89 Ford Mustang

youtube (dot) com/watch?v=BhmBNY19M_0

The link in post #18 doesn't work anymore. Here's a new link.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gashole

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yep. Heating either the fuel or the air increases mileage by a few percent (not 38%) at the cost of lower power. The mechanism is reduction of pumping losses; the throttle plate has to open wider to get the same amount of air in when you heat it, so less energy is spent getting all that air to pass through the throttle.

9. DrKrettin Registered Senior Member

This topic bubbles up at regular intervals. Back in the 1980s a friend of mine had more or less the same idea and had some kind of patent. He even managed to have his device fitted to all taxis in Cardiff (UK). He fell out with me when I agreed to his request to install it in my car to test the thing, but when he sent me a surprise bill for the installation I refused to pay. So he removed it. There was a TV programme at the time, whose name I have forgotten (Science Today?) which investigated scientific claims. They actually tested his device by running two cars all over the country for a couple of days, one with and one without the device, and found absolutely no difference in performance. Of course, the inventor complained of unfair this and unfair that, not scientific and so on. I have to admit it was not a very controlled experiment by the TV prog. But that invention fizzled out like they all do.