Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Dead

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Feb 7, 2008.

1. kmguru Staff Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

hmmm...I do want to live past age 91, so I guess I will look for another master. Must be his side-effect of the LSD use.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Talking about LSD, read a book called the science of dunes. Very interesting topic on LSD and related chemicals. I have taught TM in the past. It does help to keep your Hypertension down. may be that is why he lived so long. If he would have taken vitamins...he would have lived longer....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

...if he ate baby food he would have lived longer.

8. kmguru Staff Member

He was vegeterian. Unless Indians get disease, they usually live to the 90s. If he would have used modern knowledge in health care like taking Lysine and Alpha Lipoic Acid...he would have lived longer....

9. draqon Banned Banned

hmmm...

10. John99 Banned Banned

My great grandma died at 90 something, smoked like a chimney since she was like 12, cursed like a truck driver and was a mean as a rattlesnake. My other granma died early sixties was the sweetest little old lady and didnt even drink coffee.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It really doesn't matter how long you live, what matters is what you live for.

12. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Right Again, my dear Watson!!!

13. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

or, how you live.

14. John99 Banned Banned

From what i have seen you have to be real lucky to live to 90. Healthy people or people who should be considered healthy die young also. My granma who died at 63 prayed every day while looking out a window for hours, just sat by a window and prayed for hours. How do you explain that?

15. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Or who you have sex with while your living

16. kmguru Staff Member

Stress can literally kill you. Some people manage it well, others - not so well and die early. I used to teach Stress Management - do not have the time now. My text book was "Stress of Life" by Dr. Hans Selye.

By the way, this subforum is always quiet...surprised to see so many good members paying a visit. Thank you all.

17. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Hmm....to improve my Eastern Philosophy knowledge these days I go to Wikipedia and did the same on ‘Rishi’ as well. Look what came up at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishi

In the Vedas, the word denotes a singer of sacred hymns, an inspired poet or sage, or any person who alone or with others invokes the deities in rhythmical speech or song of a sacred character. In particular, it refers to the authors of the hymns of the Rigveda.

The main rishis recorded in the Rigveda - include Gritsamada, Vishvamitra, Vamadeva, Atri, Angiras, Bharadvaja, Vasishta, Agastya.

Amarkosha mentions seven types of riṣhis : Shrutarshi, Kāndarshi, Paramarshi, Maharshi, Rājarshi, Brahmarshi and Devarshi.

Amarkosha strictly distinguishes Rishi from other types of sages, such as sanyāsi, bhikṣu, parivrājaka, tapasvi, muni, brahmachāri, yati,etc, and gives only one synonym for 'riṣi': satyavachāh (one who speaks truth). Other sages might falter, but a riṣi was believed to speak truth only, because he had reached the Higher World (of Truth, of God) according to the Sanskrit etymology of the term 'riṣi'.

It is definitely Kali Yuga since we are seeing a “Maha Rishi” pop off like a frog

What difference does it makes to life if another guy who called himself ‘rishi’ or ‘mahrishi’ popped off ?

My apologies in advance if this sounds offensive to someone.

18. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of his translation of the Vedas?
    I have been searching for years.

19. kmguru Staff Member

I thought Maharishi wrote Gita, I have that book somewhere. But Veda, I did not know. Best Rig Veda traslation is by jean Le m'e (Hymn from Rigveda)

There are other Maharishis - Kratu, Pulaha, Pulastya, Marichi, there may be others.

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I have just a few pages of a translation of the Vedas that I like very much.
    Where I got it claims it was translated by him.
    I checked with a few people that run "Eastern" book stores, and they can't confirm definitively that it was him, but they all say something like, "Yeah, I have heard that he did a translation, but I don't know wehre to get it".
    I checked his foundation's website and it's not there.

21. kmguru Staff Member

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on the Bhagavad-Gita <---This is the one I have. I also had some free books given out by Krishna Conscious people. But I can not find it. I thought they were on Veda.

22. draqon Banned Banned

can you share these translations of Veda?

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure if I have a soft copy on this computer - I will look.
    If I don't have them here, I will try and find the time to transcribe the English parts and post them here.