"Lost"

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Joker, Feb 17, 2008.

?

"Lost" Directly related to "Hollow Earth Theroy"?

1. yes

30.0%
  2. no

90.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Joker Registered Member

How is it there is no "Lost' Thread Here. Some Much to discuss were to begin?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Joker Registered Member

Where are the going with it?

What is your theory Behind "Lost". For example mine is "Hollow Earth". What do you think I want to know what real fans think? Come with facts to back your theory not just hibble babble.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There was a thread called "lost" but it was misplaced.:shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

True enough.
    In fact, it was a pretty hot topic for awhile, but the inconsistent broadcast schedule and writer's strike pretty much killed it.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't know what the Hollow Earth Theory is.

I think the Island moves. Its how Eko's brother, flying from Africa to wherever in a small plane, crashed there. I think the island is behind the Atlantis legend. There was that giant 4 toed statue belonging to the ancient culture of the never aging Hostiles, before the Others and the Losties. I think the smoke monster is a swarm of nanobots.

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Secrecy>hot actors>beach>>makes good TV...

Who cares about the storyline??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seriously, I think the flashbacks were tedious and broke up the storyline, I am glad we are mostly done with them.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Now the whole island story is flashback, since we are now being shown their present situation.

11. Joker Registered Member

The flash backs were key in understanding the characters better. Also they Gave way to several plot items. Charlie dead or alive? Mailikia (eye patchy) dead or alive? Casket who? why has jack gone nuts in the flash forward?

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't have minded flashbacks in the first 2 seasons, but when we are still getting it in season 4, it is getting old and slows down the storyline. Also in previous seasons there were just too many secrets, at least it is kind of coming together and makes more sense.

Although there should be slow mo' running on the beach and I don't mean Curley...

13. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Hollow Earth theoies are once real, but now dicredited theories that the Earth is a hollow shell and that we live on the outside of it/*, and that on the interior surface there may be more habitable land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth

---/* Actually there is at least one Hollow Earth theory that said we live on the inside of a hollow earth, that the Sun hangs in the geometrical center and...well it was complicated but just as silly as it sounds.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

My wife hates it because she finds it hard to follow. This is the woman who hung with "Earth: Final Conflict" until the bitter end and kept explaining it to me.
    I think the island story is the present and what we're seeing are flash-forwards. In the past we've seen lots of flashes in both directions and clearly not all of them are supposed to be reality. We saw characters juxtaposed in pre-crash life that could never have happened. I would not count on the flash-forwards we're seeing to be the actual denouement of the story. They mess with the characters' heads and ours as well.

15. 2012 Registered Member

You have to be joking, they are going to keep going further back in time and further forward into the future until we understand why we're here and what's going to happen to us.

16. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

wait, im pretty sure that the hostiles are the others, wasnt the name hostiles given to the others by the DHARMA workers before they were wiped out

17. Vkothii Banned Banned

Lost is a metaphor of "Life". Or it's a dream.

Interesting how Jack tries everything to get off the island, then eventually succeeds only to discover he "needs" to go back (to where he belongs).

BTW did anyone ever figure out what the black cloud thing was all about?

18. 2012 Registered Member

I mainly just follow the characters of Lost, most of which are obnoxious, but if I do peer into all the other levels going on, I try to come with something plausible, however tenuous. So I think you might be onto something,.because it maybe not an island at all, but an aberration caused by a magnetic vortex (a third pole) not impossible when the earth’s poles reverse, which some say is not far from happening.
    The Dharma initiative became aware of this vortex and had somehow harnessed, stabilised and intensified it, but they have now lost control of it in a revolution (joke) by Benjamin, Franklin, no, sorry I mean the hostiles. The hostiles don’t have full knowledge of how the equipment controls the vortex, that’s why they had to have someone to manually enter in the numbers, which is a type of frequency to keep it stable. But this doe’s not fully control the vortex it’s only a patch, so it could be jumping around from one of the earth’s mantel convolutions to another, that’s why odd things are turning up in, or left behind this aberration.
    This frequency also effects the mental behaviour of certain people on the same wavelength around the world. The vortex bends space/time and cannot be seen from outside and is only approachable from under the sea, hence the submarine, but as it’s jumping around they never know where it is.

Got anything better?

19. 2012 Registered Member

I like 'a swarm of nanobots' but as they could be somehow mentally connected, I think it's just something to represent what they colectively fear

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

They keep wrapping it up nicely. Last week's episode gave us a teaser about two things: flashbacks/forwards and time dilation. It will all make sense by the time it's over.

21. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

I never understood anything before but since the new season it is becoming better.

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

What kind of law would apply to all the crimes committed in an unclaimed and undiscovered island?

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

By the way Ben's logic was faulty when telling to bald guy that the mysterious rich guy would exploit the island. It would have been good for bald guy, since he wants to stay but not alone.
    Rich guy makes the island a health resort, people come, people go, bald dude stays.
    He is happy and healthy, end of story...