Lost Season 3

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Prince_James, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Spoilers Abound! Up To And Including The Most Recent Episode! For Those Who Do Not Want Spoilers, Please Do Not Go Further Than This! You've Been Warned!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

So anyone else a huge Lost fan such as myself that has been keeping abreast of all the most recent developments? I myself am so far EXTREMELY pleased with this season, but also extremely confused as to where the plot is going. Once again, I am having a hard time thinking of what is going to be happening next.

What is happening with Desmond, for instance? Is he seeing the future? Or is there some sort of rehearsal?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. xandrique moniqueface Registered Senior Member

I adore Lost and I find the new season to be satisfactory. I thought that the first season was amazing but I kind of liked not knowing what was going on. Now that more things are being revealed I'm kind of disappointed.

I actually prefer to not hypothesize about the plot; I go with the flow.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

I've only really just got into Lost, so I've only seen the end of series 2, and series 3 so far.
    Despite being annoyed by the "EM anomaly" nonsense, everything else I find rather enjoyable, and the general level of hokum keeps me from being too annoyed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As for Desmond, I think he's been looking a little messianic in some shots lately, especially the end of the epsiode with the polar bear.

8. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Xandrique:

I am fairly certain that Lost is going to retain its anomaly, Certainly not all about the Others are being revealed yet. And what about the end of last season with the Arctic thing?

Geodesci:

He definitely has a Messianic vibe around him, which is odd considering Mr. Ecko is the priest.

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

My wife has lost patience with it because of too many unexplained things hanging around at the same time, but I'm still a huge fan. For example, I had faith that eventually we would find out how polar bears got on a tropical island, and we did. I don't expect this to turn out like Twin Peaks with some genuine woo-woo.

I'm disappointed that they are steadily revealing all of the protagonists to be unsympathetic characters: so flawed that they're hard to forgive and like. Maybe that will change.

I was surprised to learn that at least one of the "others" had spent his whole life on the island. I guess that explains why the technology is so antiquated but he looks to be about 40 and it's hard to believe that somebody put that together in 1966 and it's still running so well.

I hope we get to see more of Mira Furlen as the mysterious crazy Frenchwoman. Delenn was my favorite character on Babylon Five.

What do they expect Michael (got that name right?) and Walt to do when they finally reach civilization in their little boat? Their compass will show the route back. Perhaps they're not really expected to survive.

It's a little hard to believe that after six weeks on the island nobody has walked over to the other end and seen that there's a second little island nearby. It doesn't really look too far to swim for someone who's been getting in shape from a survivalist lifestyle for six weeks. But it would take a few hours and I suppose as soon as the bad guys noticed Sawyer missing they'd be combing that strait in their boats.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Fraggle Rocker:

Like Locke turning out to have been involved, following his father's screwjob, with that weird commune? Sawyer being an asshole - but at least one with a bit of heart? The one chick having shot someone? Because some of them do not seem too bad. Hugo doesn't seem that bad, nor Jack, nor the drug addict, nor (the now dead) tough chick, nor Sayid (though he had to torture people for his nation). Even Locke seems sadder than he seems flawed.

Well theoretically, it has been populated for this time period. Human maintenance can make things continue on for quite a while.

That I really do not know. Would anyone believe them on the outside world? Similarly, if the Others has been here for 40 years, yet have boats, why have they themselves not left?

Sayid and co. have probably seen the island in the boat. The problems have always been, however, with the danger of the island (the mysterious black entity, the polar bears...) and the lack of a boat until recently (and now no longer) they have never had a chance to go see that island, nor to reach it. Moreover, they probably don't expect there to be anything there of worth.

11. xandrique moniqueface Registered Senior Member

SPOILERS:
    I actually like that the characters are slowly being revealed to be "unsympathetic"... it actually makes me like them more.

I have always liked Sawyer a lot because of the story about how his parents were conned then his father killed his mother over it and how he wouldn't con a couple if they had a kid.. he is mean but I think that he is just troubled; he obviously has a heart (he reads to the baby, he cares for Kate). Kate always asks him why he wants to be disliked.. I'm interested to see why.
    I don't really like Kate too much but maybe it's just becase I'm jealous of her involvement with Jack and Sawyer ehe. But seriously, when she killed her father she seemed to want to save her Mother from the abuse but she had other motives that haven't fully been uncovered. It's kind of frustrating that so many of her motivations aren't revealed, even in the stories about her past.
    I have no problems with the other characters.

Sayid tried to go take a walk around the entire island but was captured by Rousseau before he made it and then he had to go tell Jack that there were others. Remember that when they try to make it across the island it's usually a day trek, usually involving a camp out in the forest for the night so it IS massive. Then you have to remember that the others forbade them from crossing a certain line into their territory (the other side of the island, probably the only view they have of the other island).

12. rob k Registered Senior Member

I've enjoyed watching the first two series of Lost very much, but it is an annoying program. Sometimes I can watch an entire episode and nothing really happens.

There are so many loose ends too... remember Walt was said to have some kind of special ability, the black cloud that knocks trees over (where did that go?) and Locke regaining the use of his legs. I hope the writers know exactly what will happen and will explain every detail... but I've a sneaky feeling they'll finish the program leaving more questions that answers.

We're just waiting for series 3 to start here in England. I know there is a spoiler warning at the start of the thread but I just couldn't resist having a gander!

13. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Rob K:

I think you'll find this season very enjoyable.

14. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!

From November 8th to Feburary 7th...NO LOST?!

WHAT SORT OF SHIT IS THIS?!

They are cutting off the season for three God damn months?!?!

15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Ugh. Whatttttt?!

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I like Lost, but feel they are trying to drag too much out for the sake of volume. There are a lot of 'dead spaces' in Season 2 and 3 episodes, I would have enjoyed it more if it were a little more condensed. There are shows that cram loads of stuff into each show, making it all very watchable (like "The Shield").

The unsolved questions etc aren't a problem for me, part of the appeal of the show is the mystery. Occasionaly they reveal bits and pieces, while generating more questions. Towards the end of season 1 we wanted to know "what the hell was in the hatch?" Then we found out, and we got used to the underground bunker, but then the question was "what the hell does the button do?" etc. and "who are DHARMA?"

Season 3 seems to be all about "who the hell are the Others" and "what is up with that villiage?" I just hope they wrap things up in, at most, 2 more seasons (including season 3) otherwise I'll lose probably interest. Great show though, the visuals are stunning at times. That plane breaking up in mid-air was a great intro to Season 3.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  17. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Nickelodeon:

I think my love for the show won't fade unless it is painfully obvious they are keeping the series going past where the story makes sense. That is to say, if they start to run out of ideas and just keep it on because it is popular, that would piss me off. But so far that has not happened at all.

What I what to find out is: 1. What the Hell is that monster? 2. What's with the ghosts? 3. What is with the statue with the huge foot with only three toes?

18. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

By the way: Lost is going off for three months so that there is constant Lost throughout the spring. Las year everyone was complaining as every other week was no Lost.

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I think when they first conceived the show they looked at a 4 or 5 season run, and thought of a story arc for that. The writers have said they are adamant they will not drag it out longer 'just for popularity', I hope they really stick to it. So far Season 3 has been excellent.

20. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I agree. It has been. And yes, 4-5 seasons would probably be best, but I'd be willing to watch this show for ten or twenty years -if- it is as high quality. But I want it cut off if not.

21. rob k Registered Senior Member

Actually, I bet if we came up with a list of all the unanswered questions it would be quite suprising how many there are...

What about Hurley's numbers... Jack's tattoos...

22. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Jack's tattoos?

The numbers have kind of been explained in "The Lost Experiance" but even that was dubious.

23. rob k Registered Senior Member