Lost Cub Scout

Discussion in 'World Events' started by spidergoat, Jun 22, 2005.

1. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

its all about ratings, one station probably picked up the story because the needed filler, it be came a popular story, and then all the other stations picked it up to share in the ratings.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

On second thought, I don't think the kid was stupid, most probably he has autism.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jlocke Registered Senior Member

No, I'm definetly going with stupidity. We would have heard on that he had autism, it woulda been kinda important info in the story.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, the parents don't want to talk about that, I can understand, he might get teased in class. Autistic kids tend to take things too literally, I know, I was one. He also has the look, my friend teaches autistic kids, and I give them tours of my workplace, so I've observed them.

8. jlocke Registered Senior Member

No sure, but it's not like the parents not talking about it is not going to stop the media from finding out and reporting on, they are kinda ruthless when it comes to stories. But you would know better than me so I'll give you the benifit of the doubt.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

cub scouts lesson 1:

Run away from the people trying to rescue and prove you can survive on your own for four days.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Alot of people are unaware that there can be mild forms of autism. Maybe they don't know.

11. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

i agree with baron.. i bet u the family is a well-respected family in the town. or the dad has a good buisness... or u no something along those lines... or the media is trying to examplify dangers of cubscouts just trying to make something of the sort

12. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Jack and Baron agreeing, madness... jk guys

I tend to think that the media just picked up this story, saw the sympathetic heroic kid survival story and are trying to squeeze it for all its worth. (Remember Terry? <-- Although at least that had a moral issue at hand)

13. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

yeh and like always i think wen this story just BARELY sparked, politics came involved(like i mentioned in another thread of this) politics rule the media.. and for one day i wanna hear a report with no politics involved(impossible) but i might as well hope

14. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

yeah, the kid did look autistic. but does that make him smart? I still stand by my comment that he is a dumbass, he just may have an excuse to be a dumbass.