Living With ADHD

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Brutus1964, Jul 30, 2005.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

so...be sick. just not over me

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

i offered you to talk wit someone very much more experienced about tis subject. you declined and also are vry bloddy rude. so, fuk you

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

well you must be permanently depressed then if self-reflective!

look dude. do you care about ANYthing??

all i ever hear coming from your busy fingers is judgmental remarks about other posters,especially how they use language. sort yer own shit out before trowin it at others

ok....neeeext

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I am not a dude. I care about a great many things as you would have been able to discern if you had brought one ounce of the sensitivity, compassion and empathy that you claim to possess to reading and thinking about some of the posts I have made.

I shall always make judgemental remarks about racist bastards such as JB.
    I shall always make judgemental remarks about misguided enthusiasts such as btimsah.
    I shall always make judgemental remarks about the seriously loopy like Dwayne D.Rabon
    I shall always make judgemental remarks about self rightneous pontificators like you Duendy.

My shit has been sorted out for a long time now, so I know exactly which colour, density and texture to throw in any direction.

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

very nice to hear about your shit......not

9. sony Registered Senior Member

*shakes head*

duendy, no disrespect, but you're not making any sense. This thread was so interesting to begin with(Riverwind), and you're turning it into shit. Please stop.

Imagine how annoyed I was reading this that I actually had to come and post *gasp*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

And I'm pretty well shocked to note duendy's purported birthday. 50 years old and the mind of a spoiled, pissy teen. Arrested development.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

yer havin a larrrf aint cha

read the rest idiot.

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

is that yer mate??

aso you think you have me sussed. you have come to tis thread qith aboslutely nothing to say about te actual subject have you. too bizzy tryng to get one back on me by some past shit right. cause i have challenged you in the past and you big ego donna like it....am igettin close

now ---quit all this ad hominem. what the fluck do you think about...'ADHD' and millions of kids being drugged by the big pharma shrink cartel government

huh?....got anything at all to sa bout it. or you just gonna continue bitchin?

13. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I've addressed this point with you before Duendy. Are the drug companies there to make money. Yes, no shit. They are. How can they best do that? Get this Mr anti-establishment, anti-government, anti-anything about the west the east or anything in between, they do that by delivering things of value. Do you understand value? Do you have any concept of value? Do you actually wallow in the ignorance that thinks value is the same as money. Take a basic accounting course you uneducated moron. The first thing you will be taught that money is a convenient way of assigning quantitative aspects of value to a qualitative concept. Accountants (at least the good ones) fully understand what they are counting and that is is symbolic of only one aspect of the value produced by culture. Are you so devoid of intellect that you do not understand that simple fact?
    And so the drug companies produce something of value in order to acquire little greenbacks. For me the value they deliver are little pills, which taken every day, are keeping me alive and alert and productive and able to argue the toss with short sighted nihilistic cretins such as yourself. But to you they are a vast conspiracy. So lets tear it down Duendy. Let's end the tyranny of those shadowy figures, the patriachs and the scientists and the politicians and the conspiratorial cliques. Tear it down. Not only will that deprive them of their power, but I'll be dead in a year, which will be good for you - two birds with one stone.
    You addressed it to wesmorris, but I'll reply for myself, you bet your sweet ass I am going to continue bitching all the time you spout superannuated twaddle.
    I have half a mind (see I'll even set up opportunities for you to have humorous retort) to call in on your Manchester home or wherever the hell you live and argue this to its natural conclusion, face to face, but I fear you may be as incoherent in person as on the net.

14. duendy Registered Senior Member

look. i hav e no concern for you taking pills. got it? or any adult IFthey so choose. do i need to repeat this or has it sunk in?

what i am on about its this: thke science pertaining to show that 'mental illness'--in rthis thread qwe are talking abou the so-called disease/disorder 'ADHD'- IS FALSE. do you now understand....!...you apparently have chosen your poison. children cant. people misinfrmed cant, ahd those coerced cant. and THOSE are the ones i am speaking up for.

and one more ting. keep your abusive attitude outta my face.

15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite, you and Wes Morris are full of crap. Duendy is right on the money even if he can't spell it. Wes Morris's "you make me sick" is the verbiage used by an abuser of human beings, in fact, a bully.

The humanoid monsters that ruin our lives do in fact exist. Your denial is both pathetic and helps to reveal their existence and their agenda. All this garbage you try to slide by, as if it takes a genius to analyze your kind of rhetoric? Your kind hasn't upgraded from "we're right and you're stupid and if you don't believe us we'll kick your heads in and shut you up."

I can tell you exactly what happens in a couple of paragraphs. A child who shows some real brilliance goes to school and tries to do his schoolwork as he has been ordered. He believes that this is for his own good. Since he is learning things, which is natural for him to do, it looks to him like it really is for his own good. He believes that education is what is going to make him able to have a life of his own some day.

Then when he is doing his schoolwork, the class bully, who is much more bored than he is, starts stage-whispering his name, getting him to turn his head to look, then looks the other way and pretends he didn't say anything. He waits for the victim, and this person is a chosen victim, to go back to his work and does it again. Eventually he does it with spitwads and paper clips. Even if the teacher knows this is going on, she usually lets this continue and jumps on the victim if he makes any sound or moves. They always escalate this abuse until the victim is forced to respond, sometimes literally with a bloody mark or bruise.

The VICTIM is trained to respond hysterically to the slightest stimuli of certain types and he is given no choice in the matter. The people who are supposed to protect the developing child actually help damage him, and this treatment does cause damage. This changes brain chemistry. It is dangerous and morally wrong to use drugs to force that brain chemistry into something "acceptable" without addressing the real issues that an ADD or ADHD child has, like DELIBERATE ATTEMPTS TO DESTROY HIM. All we are doing is drugging the child so that he will accept more undeserved torture, punishment, and labelling. Hell, the only reason I can even spell now is because they didn't start drugging me until I was 16.

You, Ophiolite, and Wes Morris have revealed yourselves as bullies here, who are willing to continue the victimization of people right now. It contributes to the proof that bullies never, ever stop. You deliberately hurt Dwendy for posting here, and you used the forms of threats and taunting that bullies use. You two should be neutered. Your genes are of horribly negative value to the human race. I don't even think of you as human. Please place yourself within range of my fists sometime. I can use the exercise.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

MetaKron,

It is prety obvious you have a passion about this subject and well ......so you should.

It is true I think that the benefits of meical science are a double edged sword.
    On one hand it grants us humans an ability to deal with extreme problems and offer assistance to those in desparate need of help and on the other it gives us the ability to be lazy and use this medical intervention as a first choice instead of a last resort choice.
    It is undoubtably true that in many many cases medication is used way to easilly. The child becoming an object of abuse by medication due to the parents and society being just to lazy to do the work that some children need.

So I agree in the main thrust of your post. Yes...people tend to go the easiest path, and how easy is it to just give a troubled child a dose of mind altering hormones.

I suppose it is how humanity likes to shift responsibility from themsleves to others who put a shingle on the door that reads "doctor".

So advances in diagnosis and medications needs to be met with this lazy streak in miind.

One day they will create a "Happiness" pill and very soon after every one will be taking it simply because it avoids the hard work needed to achieve happiness. [ I am referring to something a bit more effective than Prozac]

Life is never easy but we certainly want it to be....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Difficult I can handle, Quantum Quack. What I can't handle is when people from just about day one do every trick in the book and invent new ones to prevent any of my efforts from bearing fruit. I can't handle it when the conspiracy actually does exist and insists on proving it to me.

18. duendy Registered Senior Member

HEY Metakron...Thanks for the support. You have analyzed the recent situation here brilliantly--apart from me not being able to spell. i do do typos and mess about with language...so.
    You seem from what i gather tobe quite young? Yet your insight is really mature. great to meet you

19. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Well, Metakron. I cannot argue with you. I may have been posting off topic, but you have certainly missed the thrust of what I was saying. That is regrettable, for you might have found we have more in common than you think.
    If you live in the UK I shall be happy to place myself in the range of your fists at any time. You may have been using rhetoric, but I am quite ready to allow you to go after it for real - with no physical defense on my part.
    Duendy has an agenda (you might say, who hasn't) this agenda I have been following on and off for almost one year. I don't agree with Duendy's views on many things. I find them distorted, and filled with hate. I don't like hate. You might say I hate hate. I have attacked and shall continue to attack Duendy's views, for I believe them to be counterproductinve and damaging to Duendy.
    I intially tried reason and logic and was greeted with personal attacks and invective from Duendy. [You might want to visit some of those posts and see who was bullying whom.] I am but a weak human: I responded, on occasion, in kind. Duendy seems well able to look after themselves.
    Thank you for placing me in the same category as wesmorris. His posts are typically reasoned, apposite and insightful. They are also, from time to time passionate. You do not Mekatron, have the market cornered in passionate belief. Some of us do not suffer fools or foolish thoughts gladly. As I noted in an earlier post I shall attack subjects, and individuals, I consider deserving of attack.
    My offer stands to provide you with an opportunity to find me within range of your fists at some time. pm me for details. You might find you like me, and if you don't you can get some exercise with your fists.

20. jack54 Registered Senior Member

G'day!

First post on these boards! I've been reading a few posts and decided to sign up. I don't have much to add to the discussion right now (it's very interesting, BTW), however, Quantum Quack, your 'happiness' pill sounds a lot like 'soma' in Aldous Huxley's book 'Brave New World'. The people are given their happiness, but never experience the rather different happiness of totally free thought and acheivements and highs and lows and all that.

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the forums jack. It wouldn't be terribly original of me to suggest that people think they want happiness when what they actually seek is fullfillment. Then again, just because it is a cliche, doesn't mean it's wrong. So while happiness pills could make us happy - there could never be an 'achievment' pill, for exactly the reason you note - without the lows how would you recognise a high?

22. duendy Registered Senior Member

oh the tempTATION the temptation

23. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Thank you, Duendy. I am older than I look, actually. My insight is hard won. Unfortunately someone this year had to prove to me that it never stops and it never lets go. Maybe you can go home, but you don't want to.