Life on Mars Canceled!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by madanthonywayne, Mar 5, 2009.

1. superstring01 Moderator

The British DID create a 24-like TV show at the same time. They spun it and worked it to fit their audience and national situation, it's called "Spooks" in the UK and "MI5" in the USA and it's unbelievable. And, being smart TV producers, they made "few" episodes a year (sometimes like 15) and swapped out the characters regularly. Also, IMHO, it runs circles around it's American counterpart.

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Another great episode. Imagine getting the chance to have sex with the hot baby sitter you've been fantasizing about your entire life. But only two more episodes left.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Are there really only TWO more episodes? Wow. What a bummer.

Note: I never had a hot babysitter. Not "hot" for a gay OR straight boy. Mine was a 50-something fat haggardly lady who's only redeeming quality was her ability to whip up the most amazing foods out of the most mundane ingredients.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I just stared getting into it and now it's canceled. I had been watching nbc's Life and then Life on Mars..too bad

Breaking Bad though.. kicks ass

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what network is that on? I've heard nothing but good things about it.

9. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

AMC.. if you don't have cable they have a website where you can stream the eps.

also ..bit torrent sites

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Y eah, that sucks. I'm really hoping some other network picks it up. (HBO. I'm talking to you here!) The preview said only one more episode until the season finale.

I can't see how those two cops could have survived having a gun emptied into their chests (unless they were wearing bullet proof vests), but it looked like Chrisopher (his name on the Soprano's) was alive in the preview from next week. We'll see. I love his character on this show (he was always a weasel on The Sopranos). I guess it doesn't really matter if there are only two more episodes, though.
    Really? Never had any teenage babysitters?

PS I've seen the last couple episodes of Breaking Bad after hearing the creator do an interview on NPR. It's not bad. The old basically good guy decides to do one bad thing thinking he can get in and out clean and then has the whole thing blow up in his face story. I couldn't believe they didn't kill that drug dealer in the last episode after having shot him. That was utterly moronic! You don't shoot a maniac like that and then not kill him. Might as well sign your own death warrant. They were damned lucky that cop showed up when he did to finish the job.

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Yep.

Haven't seen life on mars... but I sympathise.

The next thing TV producers need to do in order to get them on my hit list is to cancel Life.

12. superstring01 Moderator

Oh GOD. I love "Life".

Good thing: It's been renewed for another season. So it will AT LEAST live for three seasons.

~String

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Another good episode. Just one more to go

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

15. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I have to say, I didn't expect that ending.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Yeah. I always thought Life on Mars was a metaphor. LOL. Great show. I still would love to see it picked up and continued despite the crazy ending. They could easily write that off as another crazy dream.

17. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Good, I'm glad! It pales next to the original BBC series; you can buy that on dvd if you like.

Has anyone seen Ashes to Ashes?

Redundant if you ask me.

18. superstring01 Moderator

I liked the American version more. That is, until the finale (horrible). Guess it's a matter of taste.

I started watching Ashes to Ashes and you're right. IT's not so good.

~String

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Have you heard of another station doign that? I can see the SciFi channel pickign it up.

20. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

I think the finale kind of sucked, but I guess it was a quick way to close out.

I'm glad that "Life" is still on

21. superstring01 Moderator

SCRUBS changed hands (NBC to ABC). So did JAG (NBC to CBS).

~String

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Have you seen the American version?
    Don't forget StarGate

23. superstring01 Moderator

Indeed. Copy or not, it was some of the best writing I've ever seen on an American TV series... except for the ending. Fracking bastards.

~String