Life on Mars Canceled!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by madanthonywayne, Mar 5, 2009.

1. superstring01 Moderator

Goddamn! The show just gets better and better. This week's episode with the Weather Underground was simply amazing. Fuckers.

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Fuck stupid people

I'll just make the unfortunate point that this is a market-driven outcome. Don't blame the network suits. They're just doing what they must to keep the whole system in motion.

No, let us blame stupid people instead. I am so sick and tired of stupid people's television. I mean, CSI: Miami? Why can't stupid people ever like anything good?

Fuck stupid people.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

tiassa, isnt another name for "the stupid people" yanks?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

I agree, but Tiassa, the network didn't put even a fraction of the force behind LOM as they did on other worthless programs like, say, that pansy-assesd melodrama: "Brothers & Sisters" (and I even watched the first season).

But... yeah, ultimately, you're right on this one.

Right, because Australia has given the world nothing but warm & fuzzies of all shapes and sizes. Nothing like jumping in with another poorly timed ribald point that utterly misses the mark.

~String

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:bugeye: again? what's with you lately?

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I thought that might be it. Were any episodes made, or was there just the pilot I saw?
    A quality show, given proper marketing and enough time to catch on, will find an audience. But what did they do with this show? A mid season hiatus, a schedule change, minimal marketing. Perhaps some other network will pick it up. SciFi? HBO? Or maybe Obama will bail it out!
    Excellent episode. Great twist at the end. Satisfying on many levels. They never would have found the truth thru the strong arm tactics favored by the chief. It was only the combination of the insight of a female police officer and the 2009 cop who had the good sence to pay attention to her insights that allowed them to solve the case. Also, we had the satisfaction of seeing the self rightous terrorist admit her motivations were actually personal rather than the "high minded" political bullshit she was spouting. And seeing a terrorist actually feel guilt upon realizing that she had, in fact, taken the life of innocents and that it was her sin that led to the deaths of not only her victims, but her lover.

It was also good to see that even the chief and his "red squad", while employing strong arm tactics, had their limits and would not resort to murder.

10. draqon Banned Banned

Although I feel for your sadness that the show was closed, I really hate the idea of using the word of a nobel planet Mars for a NY cop show. So I am happy that this show was canceled because now prestige of "Mars" is no longer stained by everyday NY corpses.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Life on Mars? Never heard of it, is that science fiction?

12. draqon Banned Banned

nothing to do with science fiction...pure mumbo jumbo about bunch of groovy 70 style cops whacking bad dudes here and there.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yes because time travel never happens in sci fi

14. superstring01 Moderator

Draq, I'm sorry: you're a moron.

The show was named after the David Bowie song "Life On Mars."

Seriously, get a fucking clue or don't bother posting.

The show is one of the smartest things on TV, and it's amusing to watch the most intellectually challenged member of this board try to sum up this show without even knowing where the title comes from.

~String

15. ichatfilipina Registered Member

whats all about? all episodes taken videos from NASA will feature this show?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

OUCH !

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I wish I had seen the show, since, judging by the reactions here, it must have been great. Oh well..
    Did I put too many comma's in that sentence ? :scratchin:

17. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

It's not off the air yet, there are still several episodes left this season, so it's not too late.

18. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

There was actualy a whole season.
    I did not even know about it untill I saw it on Showtime on demand.
    So I got to see the whole season after it was cancelled.

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

According to the Wikipedia (which we all know is as reliable as most tabloid newspapers) the US version of Life on Mar's wasn't "cancelled", it's just ABC decided not to put money down on the next season.

I guess if you look at the current economic climate it's perhaps because they want to keep the money in the kitty until when they actually want to purchase it, however this could be a problem because if those making the series are basing the net worth of the series on oversea sales and such sales aren't made, they could indeed in the long run cause a series to close down.

What I would suggest is if you indeed enjoy the series, write letters to both ABC and the makers of the series to state that you support them and prove there is an audience, also encourage other people to do the same. It makes it that much more difficult to kill something if you prove there is a fan base, especially this earlier on in a series.

20. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Makes me wonder what would happen if us Brit's rewrote "24". What ever happened to "If something's worth doing, do it properly and do it once." (Mind you thinking of all those out of work actors and actresses, it wouldn't be good.)

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But, as far as I know, it's not being aired in my country. And it probably won't either if it's not complete.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OH, so it could go to another station like L&O - CI did?

23. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I can't imagine a British 24. In 24, torture always works. Always. Within minutes. And the intelligence gained is always correct.