Lieberman on Pork Barrel/Surrender Bill

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 27, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Makes complete sense now why the US government does not care about the education system. They want a nation of idiots with poor reading comprehension and even less logical and analytical abilities.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

I greatly doubt that reasoning ability correlates well with reading comprehension, factory "educated" are way easier to handle mentally (need I to say that "educated" heads are stuffed with the ideas and thoughts of few dozens "intellectuals" and PR gurus) + educated have more material stuff at the stake = ease of handling.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Country is an abstraction, you should have say something like that "I served puppetmasters and deep wallets of my country, cause I was brainwashed from childhood that this is a "patriotic" thing to do"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

When are you joining the military keyboard jockey? Oh let me guess, your another one those chicken hawk republicans who has a medical condition that's preventing you from enlisting? We've been bombing Iraq for 3 fucking administrations. For the last 15 fucking years. Why in the Hell do we need to remain there?

8. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Should the president call for all able bodied men to enlist, I'll be there. Otherwise, I have a wife and four kids to support and I'm way out of shape.
    QUOTE]

That's right, you're out of shape, you have a wife & kid. And they're more important to you then securing voting rights for some fanatics in fulluja. Our poor soldiers on average have been doing 2 to 3 tours? If you really cared about this war, or the soldiers, you would get off your ass and let one of them come home. Since they're fighting for YOUR freedom. But oh no, you keyboard jockeys are all talk. I can't respect anyone who's pro war, but refuse to put their asses on the line where it really counts.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Ganymede, and what have you done? did you go to Iraq and become a human shield to stop the war?, Have you thrown yourself in front of a Tank to protect the al Queda innocents?, have you put your body in front of a bulldozer to stop the Israelis?, Yes tell me, the only thing that I can respect Rachel Corrie for is the fact that she went there and tried to back up her beliefs with actions, so what have you put on the LINE?

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

So in your view, support for any military action should be zero outside of those actually serving?

11. Genji Registered Senior Member

If the US were being invaded I'd volunteer too. Also needing some conditioning and all. I know of two relatives and the son of a family friend in Iraq now. I'm just opposed to this war. Feeding more trillions of dollars and more bodies into the meat grinder has only strengthened Islamic fundamentalism and has alienated all support from the Iraqi population. Expanding this civil war will be a catastrophe. I'm just tired of leaders that have never served or got out of combat duty ordering our young into UN- necessary wars with no end in sight. If you can't see the flaws in the planning, selling and execution of this criminal assault on the people of Iraq perhaps it is best you stay home and play soldier online.

12. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

I saw him say he would go to war if the time called for it. He was never asked, so he never refused, and he demonstrated a willingness to go if the time came. Where did he refuse service.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

??????

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You forgot: joining the army so he can help train sectarian death squads in Iraq, so they can help incite the civil war, so Bush can use the continuing violence as an excuse to stay in Iraq, so he can keep control of the oil.

15. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

False dilemma fallacy. Not supporting the invasion of Iraq does not equal support for the fallen regime of the late Hussein, nor for any of the anti-western/Israeli forces engaged in the chaos that now reigns there. It wasn't a matter of invade or do nothing; there were many other options available.

The rush to war was because the Bush administration realized they had to strike while the country was in a mood for revenge following the terrorist attacks. And even then, they used ridiculously optimistic projections, and the bare minimum of men and equipment, because they realized the support for this reckless adventure ran about as thick as the skin on a pudding.

If it had been up to me, our government would never have legitimized Hussein's regime by supporting it. I never believed that he was a threat to the US.

Oh yes, don't forget this Kodak moment.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Repo Man, and what has any of this to do with the question posed? my question to Ganymede, is what has he done in support of his cause against the war? what has he put on the line? did he do what Rachel Corrie did, she had more gut than Ganymede will ever have, that I can admire her for even if I don't agree with her, she did something more than bitch and moan, and pound a computer key board, and that is all Ganymede has done, sit at home on his overdeveloped brain and bitch. That seems to be a genetic trait of the liberal, let some one else do it, bitch and criticize.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  17. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Why should Ganymede have gone to Iraq as a human shield? If he is anything like me, he detested Saddam Hussein. So why should he try and protect him?

Being against the war did not mean you were pro Hussein.

18. Genji Registered Senior Member

Exactly. The chickenhawks are like the Iranian mullahs or the Taliban. They do not tolerate dissent nor do they tolerate any view not in line with AM radioshows. Independent thinkers are a threat to them. Any opposition to GOP (Party of God) commandments and one is a traitor and or aiding the enemy. Tehran and Riyadh run things this way too. American rightists and Islamic fundamentalists have a true disdain for democracy.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Repo Man

Why should Ganymede have gone to Iraq as a human shield? If he is anything like me, he detested Saddam Hussein. So why should he try and protect him?

If he detested Saddam, why didn't he go to Iraq and protest Saddam and help remove him? Again Rachel Corrie, did more for her beliefs than you or Ganymede, she did something, she protested the Israeli government actions, if you were so against Saddam why didn't you go to Iraq and protest against his actions against the Iraqi people? Maybe because Saddam killed those who protested against him?, in some very inventive ways, feed them to his dogs, lions, boiled them in acid, threw them off of high building to test their aerodynamics, yes, if you were so much in solidarity with the Iraqi people, why didn't you do something?

That seems to be a genetic trait of the liberal, let some one else do it, bitch, moan and criticize, but make sure that you don't get hurt, that is for everybody else, that is why I don't believe that if something ever went down in this country that you and your liberals would do jack-shit to stop it, you would cut a deal for one more day of breathing.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji

That seems to be a genetic trait of the liberal, let some one else do it, bitch, moan and criticize, but make sure that you don't get hurt, that is for everybody else, that is why I don't believe that if something ever went down in this country that you and your liberals would do jack-shit to stop it, you would cut a deal for one more day of breathing.

Yes I think this describes you to a T.

21. Genji Registered Senior Member

I'm not a liberal.

22. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

There are a great many things that are wrong in this world. I am virtually powerless to stop them. I certainly do not expect the government of the country I live in to fix them all, or even a substantial portion of them. But I would be pleased if my government would at least stop doing business with bloody dictators.

It was sadly amusing to hear the right wing crowing about the horrors of Saddam in the buildup to the latest war. These same people were deafeningly silent about his atrocities when he was committing the worst of them. The response of the US government to the Halabja attack? Extending trade credits so he could buy our wheat. Talk of sanctions against Iraq were dismissed by our government. http://hnn.us/articles/862.html

After calling on the people of Iraq to overthrow the Hussein regime during the first gulf war, the Bush administration allowed Hussein to slaughter them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A10874-2003Apr11?language=printer

I think the people of Iraq have had enough of our "help". We've really become like Borat in the antique shop.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  23. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I chose not to pull a trigger and take a life. That's the path I've chosen. You're a member of the Party of Death. The Party of Hate. Your movement can't exist without *hate* and destruction being your primary motivation. You parties main platform is centered around killing humans. And using tragic events to justify massive slaughter of humans. At the end of the day, all that matters is who kills more civilians. It doesn't matter what was intended. So my goal is to make sure that we're not the ones killing innocent civilians. How about a war of Theft buffalo? I say we go to war with all the thieves until theivery is wiped out!