Libyan Desert glass

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Vega, Apr 23, 2007.

1. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

arrg just forget about the levitating rock or argue it in another thread.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vega Banned Banned

The Kebira impact crater might be one of the most credible causes to this phenomenon but although the glass is most likely a result of Kebira, the method by which it was created is open to question.

1. The glass is too pure – some of the purest natural silica glass ever found. If the glass shards are tektites (melted slag from volcanoes or meteor impacts), they should include the presence of other minerals.

2. The glass does exhibit small internal bubbles that include other elements. One of those elements is iridium, the presence of which indicates an extra-terrestrial origin, according to prevailing theories (see Alvarez, Luis W., et al. "Extraterrestrial Cause for the Cretaceous-Tertiary Extinction: Experimental Results and Theoretical Interpretation." Science 208 (1980) 1095-1108). However, the glass reveals no evidence of other minerals found in the region, such as halite and alumina.

3. Another area where this type of glass may be found is atomic test sites.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. matthyaouw Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Looks awesome

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Vega Banned Banned

Quite an interesting hypothesis! however if there were traces of radioactivity detected in the region this would discredit the hydrothermal theory.

9. Vega Banned Banned

If you look at the satellite photographs of the huge black scar in the face of the Sinai peninsula and look at the heat-blackened stones, (sorry don't know how to insert images in this forum) go to the Dead Sea with a radiometer and take the radioactivity readings for yourself, read the ancient Sumerian lamentation texts describing death in the air from the radioactive cloud, or take a look at the completely independent weather study showing an abrupt climate change consistent with a nuclear fallout.

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city.

And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal.

Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.
    All these regions have large amounts of glass left over that could only materialize out of an intense heat source.

10. matthyaouw Registered Senior Member

Hydrothermal systems can be radioactive too. Whether or not they can contain iridium though I do not know.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

12. matthyaouw Registered Senior Member

There are definitely traces of iridium in the LDG (Link. subscription required), but I can't find anything that says iridium is produced in atomic blasts. I would have thought that fairly well rules out the ancient nuclear weapons idea.

13. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Interesting!!!
    Do you have a link?

14. Vega Banned Banned

15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The picture in #24 seems like it could not possibly have been formed by anything but electricity. Electricity forms that kind of fractal shape. Flowing liquids would follow the contours of the landscape and a source of heat high in the sky would create patterns with smooth curves. Impact would send ejecta in straight lines away from the center of the impact area. Only electricity would crawl along the ground like that and leave patterns like frozen lightning bolts.

I wonder if contour-mapping the land would show whether or not the patterns could be due to erosion. Those patterns do not look to me as if they could be formed by erosion but there has allegedly been a LOT of time for this to happen. The problem is that it is TOO articulated. There would have to be hundreds of sources of flowing glass to make those shapes. I wonder if the chemistry of the glass indicates that it could have been formed from the soil, what was in place, not something that came from somewhere else.

Looking at some of the more detailed photographs, I will say that this is definitely the result of a massive electrical discharge. Branches have branches and these branches often cross each other. It's when they get dense and make criss-cross patterns that it looks like it has to be electricity.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

They have. J. Robert Oppenheimer read the Bhagavad Gita in the original Sanskrit and that is part of the Mahabharata. I'm just picking up bits and pieces from Wikipedia, but it looks like he could have got some of his ideas from descriptions of the Mahabharata war. The man who is considered the "father of the atomic bomb" read these Indian scriptures long before he worked on the atomic bomb and quoted such scriptures when he saw the first atomic blast. According to stories he and several other scientists who worked on the atomic bomb project believed that this had happened before. These were some of the best minds on Earth so I would give them some credence.

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Sure it's possible - exploding meteors.
    Darwin has nothing to do with it.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I'm talking about the discussion that the ancient Hindus used nuclear weapons.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

As I said - Darwin has nothing to do with it.

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Nothing to do with people at about 8000 B.C. having nuclear weapons?

You many recall that Darwinists say those people where hunting, living in caves, and chipping flint tools, not quite nuclear science.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Yes. Maybe you should read something, before commenting on the man.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I've read plenty, and you're dodging the point, but that's ok, I know it's uncomfortable for you.

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Apparently you've read nothing by Darwin, but you are right, colour it yourself church comic books count as reading too.