Libby guilty..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Mar 8, 2007.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, it isn't, but Libby wasn't convicted of a bad memory. Obviously the jury felt his statements were deliberately misleading.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Ask a specific question and I will give you an answer.

However, Libby is a Felon.
    He has been convicted.

Sure it my be that on all FIVE counts he had bad memory - although Libby is renown for his sharp memory. Sure it may be that on Monday Libby prattled off in detail all this information and that on Thursday he magically forgot every word of it - as well as that the conversation itself had even taken place.

That is a possibility.

It is also possible that Clinton thought having his c*ck sucked was not sexual at all - simply a back rub only using a mouth and a penis. Nothing sexual at all there :bugeye:

That is a possibility.

It may be that OJ Simpson shared DNA with someone just like him. There just happens to be that 1 in 10 million chance someone just like OJ killed OJ's wife.

That is a possibility.

It could be that all of those indicted in the Iran contra affairs really "could not recall" anything. Because I sat there and watched arse-hole after arsel-hole not recall anything at all. Oh, sure they devised a scheme to sell weapons to our enemy and channel the money to overthrow a democratically elected government - but O foo, "I can not recall anything"

That is a possibility.

It could be that you Buffalo Roam are the only living sentient being in the Universe. That all this is a big fat dream.

That is a possibility.

But over here in the "real world" we have people instructed on how to discern bull shit from truly not having remembered something. These people determined that Libby committed not 1 but FIVE felonies.

Now, with all of this in mind, what exactly is your question?
    Michael

PS: Yes, one time while drinking shots of Tequila in the Australian outback I wondered out of the bar and went outside to

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

uke: and then while walking back around to the bar fell into someone's garden and thought whatthehell I'll take a quick nap - I subsequently awoke in jail. That was some good Tequila

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. radicand Registered Senior Member

You are an embarassment.

I will not respond to you, again. You are delusional and lack serious intellectual skills.

Come back when you have something important to contribute.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

And maybe Clinton just forgot he had sex with Monica...

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

of course ...

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Why thank you radicand, so we are in agreement as to Libby.
    Libby is a convicted felon of 5 counts (no arguments there - this is true) and if we're really lucky maybe he will spill the beans on Darth Cheney (speculation, we'll wait an hope

MII

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You see, Clinton pleaded that he didn't know a blow job was sex, a Judge called BullShit and he was sentenced.

Libby pleaded he didn't remember, remembering on Monday and didn't remember forgetting on Thursday and couldn't even remember that he had even forgotten somethings on Monday - which he didn't remember any way. A Jury called 5 counts of BullShit

Good! Who knows, with all this extra time on his hands Libby may begin to remember all sorts of things his Master instructed him to do... ... we can only hope

Let the Games Begin,
    Michael

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Is this the fall of The House of Bush

Perhaps Libby was only the tip of the ice-berg. You know what they say, follow the money. Well, Halliburton took the money and ran, maybe they know something???? Is the ship sinking???

I hope so!

The White House acknowledged on Sunday that presidential adviser Karl Rove served as a conduit for complaints about federal prosecutors as House investigators declared their intention to question him about any role he may have played in the firing of eight U.S. attorneys... ....

Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, D-Mich., and Linda Sanchez, D-Calif., confirmed their plans after McClatchy Newspapers reported that New Mexico's Republican Party chairman, Allen Weh, had complained to Rove and one of Rove's deputies about Iglesias. Iglesias was fired Dec. 7.

"Mr. Conyers and Ms. Sanchez intend to talk with Karl Rove about any role he may have had in the firing of the U.S. attorneys," said Sanchez spokesman James Dau.

"From what we've been hearing for weeks it seems he might have relevant information," he said. "He's clearly one of the White House officials we've been intending to question. The revelations from Mr. Weh certainly give us something else relevant and salient to talk about."

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The chairman of the New Mexico Republican Party was quoted Saturday as saying he urged presidential adviser Karl Rove and one of his assistants to fire the state's U.S. attorney. He said later, however, the decision had already been made by the time he talked to Rove.

McClatchy Newspapers reported that Allen Weh said he complained in 2005 about then-U.S. Attorney David Iglesias to a White House liaison who worked for Rove, asking that he be removed, and followed up with Rove personally in late 2006 during a visit to the White House.

"Is anything ever going to happen to that guy?" Weh said he asked Rove at a White House holiday event.

"He's gone," Rove said, according to Weh.

"I probably said something close to 'Hallelujah,'" said Weh.

Is that duck I smell roasting in the Oval oven?
    :roflmao:

13. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

You americans never seem to like the guys you vote in.

14. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

We Americans are naturally inclined to suspect that the politicians we hire to politically represent our best interests are just as likely to try to represent their own.

It's a long American tradition of showing the Royals to the exit.

It's why we own guns.

15. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Good luck to you americans then!

16. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Umm, like wassup?

U.S. Attorneys are a President's political appointees who serve until a President says otherwise.

I've read around that, in 1993, Clinton had AG Reno fire all US Attorneys, not just 10% of them.

Oh, the humanity!

Oh, the leftie outrage!

17. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Clinton was a very good "media-public" succ-ass.

18. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Your gesture is appreciated for what it is(n't).

You have as good a life as you can manage, too, friend.

19. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

Mr.G ,please undertand , I totaly agree with Pres. Bush's ideas and intentions. Don't get me wrong . I'm just not sure on what side of the fence youre sitting on!

20. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

As a fence sitter -- an Independent -- I can go both ways.

That's why ambiguity deserves special mention.

Ambiguity cuts three ways.

There's the ways of the two sides of the fence that define themselves as not being the other side, and then there's us: Not defined as either side of the fence and not needing to be.

That really works both sides of the fence into tizzies.

The gifts that keep on giving.

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

It is said that the fence sitter takes it from both sides.

I think it's meant to imply a burden, not a tittillation.

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Well no daaaaa.

The U.S. Attorney is appointed by and serves at the discretion[1] of the President of the United States for a term of four years, with appointments subject to confirmation by the Senate.

The procedure for appointment of Interim U.S. Attorneys is governed by Section 546 of title 28, United States Code.[2] Section (c) states:

(c) A person appointed as United States attorney under this section may serve until the earlier of (1) the qualification of a United States attorney for such district appointed by the President under section 541 of this title; or (2) the expiration of 120 days after appointment by the Attorney General under this section.

However, on March 9, 2006, President George W. Bush signed into law the Patriot Act Reauthorization Bill of 2005[3] which amends Section 546 by striking subsections (c) and (d) and inserting the following new subsection:

(c) A person appointed as United States attorney under this section may serve until the qualification of a united States Attorney for such district appointed by the President under section 541 of this title.

This, in effect, strikes the 120 days limit on interim U.S. Attorneys, and effectively extends their term to the end of the appointing President's term, which circumvents the U.S. Senate confirmation process.

The United States Senate is currently investigating this revision to the U.S. Patriot Act.

In 2000 Bush fired every single Clinton-appointed US Attorney and appointed his own people (well all but one attorney - she was in the middle of a case and was fired after it was concluded in 2002). The difference here is Bush has now fired eight of his own appointees in a row, which is unprecedented,

Now do you get the fuss? He is firing HIS OWN PEOPLE!!!

Michael

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Makes you wonder just how much shit is buried under the shed if he is firing people he hired - FOR DOING THEIR JOB!