LEXX - the series

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by kmguru, Jul 23, 2001.

1. kmguru Staff Member

Is anybody watching the Lexx series? I saw the episode where they go to Earth. Very interesting....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Did you catch the last one kmguru?

Zev's bod is better that I expected and the program has taken a wild bit of a twist. Bitching!

Wonder if they have some new writers?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Yes I did. It is refreshing to have European (German?) writers for a change since it is an European production. US writers have become like McDonalds. Except "Outer Limits", most stories are kind of same-o-same-o. I am sure they have a new set of writers even though the original series was not bad.

Hollywood usually starts out with a bang then the ideas and story fizzle out over time.

I am glad, you are enjoying it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Canadian/European, methinks.

8. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hi, Porfiry ...

A Canadian series with Canadian/German writers (the German writers contribute the kinky stuff) I believe.

Living just below the border, I've had to good fortune to have followed it from it's inception.

The 'love slave' transformation as penalty for not satisfying her husband really grabbed my attention.

9. kmguru Staff Member

Here is the real info

Lexx is produced by the Canadian company Salter Street Films (http://www.salter.com) in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The series was created and written by a trio collectively known as the "Supreme Beans" (http://thedarkzone.org/faq/faq_show.cgi?id=7). Lexx is filmed in Canada at Salter's Electropolis Studios in Halifax, and in Germany at Babelsberg Studios, Babelsberg (http://www.babelsberg.de). Parts of Series 3 were filmed on location in Namibia, Africa (http://www.grnnet.gov.na). It is also rumoured that parts of Series 4 will be filmed in England and Arizona, Hawaii and Washington DC in the USA.

Lexx fans have given to the writers/creators of Lexx: Paul Donovan, Lex Gigeroff, and Jeffrey Hirschfield.

Paul Donovan is the original creator of Lexx, as well as one of Lexx's writers, producers, and directors. On top of all this, Paul is also the Vice Chairman and Co-Executive Officer of Salter Street Films, as well as the President of Salter Street Films International. His brother, Michael Donovan, runs the other half of the operation. Paul has a B.Sc. in Physics from Dalhousie University, and is also a London Film School graduate.

Lex, a native Haligonian (who once worked as a tour guide in that city), started out in the entertainment business writing radio comedy. After a career of acting in TV and films, Lex has recently shifted over to screenwriting, both in the El Mundo del Lundo, and recently, Lexx. He has also been a script consultant for another of Salter Street's popular shows, the news satire This Hour Has 22 Minutes.

Like Lex, Jeff spent much of his career acting across Canada, but has recently branched outinto screenwriting, both for El Mundo del Lundo and Lexx.

10. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hey, kmguru ...

Thanks for researching it.

Too lazy to do it myself.

Take care.

11. rde Eukaryotic specimen Registered Senior Member

Lexx: great stuff

At the moment, there are only two SF series worth watching: Lexx and Farscape. Stuck as I am in the land of terrestrial Irish television (with a smattering of cable), I've got to rely on DVDs (and, to a lesser extent, videos). This means that every couple of months I get to watch four or five episodes of each; it's an interesting way of watching.

You all do watch Farscape, don't you?

12. kmguru Staff Member

Yes, I do watch Farscape, Lexx, Outerlimits, Stargate and coming soon, will watch "The Rangers".

13. rde Eukaryotic specimen Registered Senior Member

The Rangers... hmmm. Given how badly Crusade sucked, I fear the worst.

14. FA_Q2 Member Registered Senior Member

Farscape has a lot of promise but I just cant stomach lexx. No point to any of those stories and that stupid head.....
    Stargate used to be a great show and still is much of the time but they seem to be running out of ideas. It is sad to see a good show run out of ideas. Same thing happened to the old sliders. Way to corny these days.
    All in all I think outer limits is the best of all. Those episodes really make you think.

15. Jez Optimist Registered Senior Member

Am I the only one that thinks LEXX is the worst SciFi serie in the world??? I love SchiFi but LEXX really really sucks!

16. ltcmmdr Registered Senior Member

Lexx

I hate Lexx. I have tried to see the whole show but it is stupid as hell.

17. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I happen to like Lexx but I think they made the show for teenage boys you know because of Xev and the whole love slave thing. Plus the plot is kinda hollow but once again name a teenager who doesnt watch tv shows about sex.

18. kmguru Staff Member

It is a matter of taste...some people do not like a lot of food selections in a great restaurant, others enjoy it...some like from classical to jazz to new age to pop....others stick with one or two...

variety is the spice of life...did you say you dont like spice....oh...well....