Leopolds Evolution Diversion

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by leopold, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

Arne Saknussemm

Blood is a complex fluid which lifeforms pump through their systems to carry oxygen and nutrients to individual cells and to carry toxins and co2 away to be excreted or aspired. Red Blood Cells are only one part of that fluid, they have no nucleus and are not alive, they are molecular sponges for oxygen and co2. White blood cells, on the other hand, are actually independently alive hunter/killers, programmed to destroy invading organisms and foreign substances like venoms or allergens. Wellwisher has claimed to have removed the DNA from RBCs, I'm sure the medical community waits with baited breath to hear the details of how he accomplished this impossible task.

It is one of many vital systems in synergy that make up complex creatures, but there are many, many more lifeforms on Earth, by weight and by numbers, that do not have any blood at all. And there are many other systems in complex lifeforms every bit as critical to maintaining the subset of chemical reactions that we call life. So, no, blood is not a requirement for life, just for the more complex forms(like us).

The Bible contains no valid scientific value, it is wrong in this like it is wrong in almost every other subject. Of course, it wasn't written to be a science book and it does contain some wisdom in the "getting along with your neighbors" department(though it gets a lot of that wrong as well). I like the Jesus in the Gospels, but not most Christians who have never met him.

Grumpy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

Yazata and billvon

My mistake. I have cognizance issues and should probably be physically restrained for my own good(and the good of Humanity). I find it telling , however, that the quote mine our resident pseudo-Creationist(or maybe stealth-Creationist)used goes as deep as 1980 in search of juicy nuggets(such nuggets only to be found on real Creationist sites, today, relics of the total failure of past Creationist arguments).

Grumpy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

:Shrug:
    Leopold has repeatedly 'threatened' to make the correspondence public.
    Leopold has repeatedly asked me to comment publicly on the correspondence.
    Leopold has even seen fit to suppose on my behalf publicly.
    This thread was not a decision undertaken lightly.

Agreed.

Correct.

Agreed. I don't think anything was intentionally misrepresented, and that is not a claim I have made.

Again, I agree completely, I have even said this, or something very similar to it to leopold.

Agreed, however,- it's not me you have to convince of any of this.

My understanding ios that the debate of graduated equilibrium versus gradualism is over, or pretty much over.

As I have endeavoured to explain, this thread isn't about burning the heretic. Leopold was dancing around the PM's but refusing to actually say anything in spite of multiple attempts to coax it out of him, and in spite of my giving him explicit permission to discuss them in the thread this discussion was split from. Paddoboy would claim that leopold had confessed to him in pm's that he was a creationist, leopold would deny it and threaten to make the PMs public.

This thread was only ever intended as a limited time offer rather than a carte blanche free pass. It was about the PMs rather than the Lewin/Ayala discussion. The Lewin/Ayala thread of the discussion came into it because Origin published a PM from leopold.

Having said all of that - this thread has acheived its purpose, the content of those damnable PM's has been disclosed and discussed, and it seems that paddoboy and leopold have found the root of the acrimony between them - leopolds statement that he was a "god supporter". I see no reason to leave this thread open any longer, and so...

Moderator Note: Thread closed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.