Learning how to Hack

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Xelios, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy gal Registered Member

u know its ok saying good luck but a bit of help from ppl never went amiss u know. books are so garbled nowadays its easier to learn from ppl.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Ok what do you want to learn how to hack for? Gaining entrance on other peoples machines or to read and improve coding on programs?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazy gal Registered Member

read and improve mostly im not interested in destroying other ppls work etc. just securing my own.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Then you need to learn programming languages

programming in C

There is a tutorial for the C programming language

8. StickManofDoom Registered Member

HELPplz

I didnt realise how stupid i was until i saw this forum. Can someone plz tell me a decent warez site becuase ive tried downloadin stuff off kazaa and it sucks. And i would like to create computer graphics does anyone know a good program and where i can get it (website not shop im poor!) and what do you do c programing in - is it worth learning?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  9. troj Registered Senior Member

utilising skillz

Hi guys,

I see alot of good talk about consolidating skillz and the responsability of knowledge, but what about the true fact that knowledge is power?

get to the point troj!

well here goes..... Have any of you guys ever thought about rewards for your skills?.............you guys are skilled with infiltrating systems/prohibiting access to systems...............coding complex programs that devestate and marvell. Now compare these abilities to that of the drunken immbosiles that are currently employed by many top IT firms and what can you smell.........................................evoloution!!!!

It doesnt take a genius to work out the message but it will to cut the grade.

interested in testing your abilities and getting hands on with seom project work..........

wanna work with people that share your keen eye for accuracey and innvocative design...............look no further

Last edited: Aug 4, 2003
  10. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Re: utilising skillz

K, what's in it for us? Where is the working place? What kind of positions are you looking to fill?

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Just a small point that should be mentioned:

"Hacking" is not limited to circumventing security protocols but also the manipulation of already coded software to be "tailored" or "re-engineered" for your own needs.

For all those people that ask "How do you hack?", the simple answer is this: Don't download any programs created by other people to do a task, "Write your own!".

The only way to learn is to do it yourself rather than become one of that which can only be termed as "Script kiddie".

Don't be reliant upon other peoples programs, Afterall you wouldn't be classed a Chef if all you do is slam an already prepared meal (from a shop) into an oven and cook it.

As for "What can you do with the skills you learn?", well in the most cases there are multiple qualifications that have a small preportion devoted to just security analysis.

It's not to prompt you to get a job in corporate security (afterall to get a job just about security means you have to be good, in the sense that if you circumvent a systems security you would have to use the bare minimum tools without the near commercially available trojans/exploits)

When you hear all those stories of "hacker going corporate", note this was when that sector had lapse security due to the qualifications of the day neglecting the security sector.

So all you budding "Security hackers" should probably think about a second job just incase you don't capture the right attention and your skills don't cut the mustard.

As for questions like "What programming language should I learn?", that is totally down to what area you want to play with.
    If your completely M$ orientated then go with Visual Basic and Visual C++. (Which is just M$'s version of a C++ kit)

I would say that most opt for real C++ (without the Visual), however there are other languages like Delphi, Python and Perl.

Not to forget Assembly which means you could write your own OS kernels and build your own drivers.

Your also best trying to gain a Library of source material, buy books from secondhand bookshops and ebay.

When you start writing programs keep them neat and tidy, detail what each thing does with notes inside the program as doing so will help you be more effective if you ever code anything as apart of a team effort.
    (also if your memory is as good as mine, putting such notes in helps you when you go back to your old programs and re-utilise the methods you've learnt in any new source.)

Hope that helps clear a few things up

12. Turrbo Registered Member

I needed a smile today and you gave me one with your reply.
    Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Turrbo Registered Member

And I thought I was lost in here searching for info on how to hack my judicial sytem and erase my name. But now I don' t feel lost at all.

Thanks.

Oh, Try Photoshop, or Jasc Paint Shop Pro, and read read read first before you attemmpt to change anything in computer that y0ou are not sure of.

Good luck.

14. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

One of the video channels provided by the latest Winamp is about hacking (interspersed within some anime). If you are so inclined see if you can find it. They have an interview with the most infamous hacker of all time (who evaded the FBI for many years with false IDs), a review of his major book on the subject and some demonstrations of hacking into wireless networks, one of the major dangers, as well as password cracking. Some of the advice for staying out of trouble while behind bars was interesting too.

15. Rick Valued Senior Member

No! ... No! No!
    that is Cracking!

we have gone through this several times i thought strydie!

bye!

16. blank Registered Member

If useing windows you can go to msdos or command prompt and type "netstat -A" and if someone is talking to you on ICQ you can see there ip# there.

17. crazygunner721 Registered Member

Anyone know how to crack into secured wireless network for war driving??

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Try going to a 2600 meet you phreak.

I'm going to have to close this topic down too, before it becomes criticised too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.