Knead to turn all purpose into bread flour...

cluelusshusbund

+ Public Dilemma +
Valued Senior Member
Well this is you'r lucky day.!!!

Wit the handy calculator below you will always be on target... no-muss no-fuss.!!!

Gluten.png

https://flourmath.bradfordrobertson.com/

Reactions: C C
Well ,my shop ran out of wholemeal wheat flour and so I bought my second choice, whole rye flour.

Now rye flour has next to no gluten in it and so I had to add in a little strong (=high gluten) white wheat flour. (About 10-15% at a guess)

It rose very nicely and ,although the crust seemed a little overdone (I actually cut off and threw away the whole top of the loaf) what was left actually tasted really nice-especially the thick,soft crust.

A nice hot oven can be a great help and I always put some oil into the dough now,which I never used to do in the past.

Well ,my shop ran out of wholemeal wheat flour and so I bought my second choice, whole rye flour.

Now rye flour has next to no gluten in it and so I had to add in a little strong (=high gluten) white wheat flour. (About 10-15% at a guess)

It rose very nicely and ,although the crust seemed a little overdone (I actually cut off and threw away the whole top of the loaf) what was left actually tasted really nice-especially the thick,soft crust.

A nice hot oven can be a great help and I always put some oil into the dough now,which I never used to do in the past.

Sounds tasty to me to... an i might have even liked the top crust you tossed :)

Back