Kingdom Of Loathing

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by ChildOfTheMind, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildOfTheMind So dark the con of man Registered Senior Member

I stumbled upon the website Kingdomofloathing.com which is a .php script game, pretty cheesy. But anyway in the game you can get things called buffs and someone created as bot that can give you those buffs
    http://www.hack.fi/~muzzy/kolbot/index.cgi
    And I was wondering how you can find out what the buff button links too?
    I tried view source but that didnt work only told me the HTML of how to create the buttons. Any kind of response would be appreciated.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mza Registered Member

the form simply points to itself

<form action="index.cgi" method="post">

since its a cgi script theres some preprocessing of the values the form returns to itself, that you cant access. and since the method is post, youd need to use a program to allow you to send these values automatically, if thats what you intended to do. ive used curl in linux before for automating POST submits, but im sure theres windows versions of curl around for you to use form a windows os.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. muzzy Registered Member

Hello. It would've been easier to just ask me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyway, the buffbot is written in perl, and as of such, it's a program that runs on the server. The html only provides the user interface to it, and the script does form processing.

To do the work, the script maintains a http session to the kingdom of loathing game, and pretends to play it. When somebody does a request, it fills out the appropriate forms on the KoL and posts them, making the magic happen.

I hope that answers your question.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.