Just one question

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Viva_el_Che, Nov 7, 2005.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I agree about it being exceptional for self defense above all else, and very good for actual combat.
    I also agree it is not the best (but perhaps the most well-rounded for real world situations).
    I do have to disagree about one point, however. I think it is very good for total body conditioning and stamina.
    The main goal of the conditioning training was stamina.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. valich Registered Senior Member

Umh, at the expense of appearing stupid, was Brandon Lee Bruce's son? Is this why I am confused?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Yes. Brandon Lee was Bruce Lee's son.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah raven sorry i should have explained more clearly,

i meant conditioning not in the sense of cardio and push ups etc, i mean more hard conditioning, ie Qi conditioning hard Qigong iron sand palm, iron fist, iron neck, stance and form perfecting through kata type movements, it did lack as much as it taught, it taught near perfect self defence in real fighting, but lacked the traditional Qi strenthening and hard Qigong also shaolin fundementals it took out that was a mistake i personally think,

peace

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I get you.
    Repetitive stress conditioning and such.
    Yeah, JKD is not much use for that at all.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i personally would say cross training is the best, learn many forms of martial arts, combine saolin training, with taiji and jeet kun do fighting sytems and methods, it works very well limiting yourself to one style is a bad habbit for many martial artists.

i would personally say a real master has no style, when you learn all of your art forms you should forget everything you know about fighting, and then start fresh with a new page, having no limitation to style or form, but witht he abilities you learned still obviously built into you, this is my method anyway and what i am aiming for,

peace

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I agree, and this was the point of JKD.
    This was Bruce Lee's ideal.
    This is why I think that JKD is the best well-rounded art for the real world.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah jeet kun do is definatley up there as one of the most effective fighting systems,

i have trained in a style called systema from my uncle, look it up, its very effective for actual combat, i dabble in i would say 80% of all martial arts in the world, but i would say ive only fully grasped and trained in, Taiji, Various shaolin forms and drills, jeet kun do, muay thai, and i used to box when i was very little but i mastered that too quickly as i already had been doing taiji, and gong fu beforehand and simultaniously alongside it, and boxing became useless to me. had nothing to teach after a year or 2,

what styles do you dabble in or practise fully?

peace