Journey to the Center of The Yellowstone Caldera

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by HectorDecimal, Feb 16, 2012.

1. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

That MAY be easier to come by. Keyword searches are like baiting a hook when fishing. If you do it wrong, the fish steals your bait. It doesn't mean the fish aren't there, in fact it tends to evidence that they are.

The NASA Channel had a show all about their probe SOHO (Hey! That rhymes!) They depicted this happeneing where the area that defines the "tachocline" swells open and does exactly that. Some of what I'm saying attempts to advance the undertanding a bit.

I'm making no absolute claims here. In fact I think it was counterproductive to move this thread here because it states above that I'm looking for other takes on this and as much data as possible from others who actually work at the YVO, or those who can help me gather data.

Sheharezade just clued me into some news about Lake Suprior I didn't know, in that it freezes over every 20 years. I asked if this was in synch with the 22 year solar cycle. That kind of data will help me resolve this speculation one way or the other.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That info is in my bio - except for the color of my skin which I think is irrelevent to our ability to communications. Actually earth quakes aren't all that unusual for Indiana - look it up. Anecdotal data is rarely reliable.

Well just be brave and give it a shot.

Depicts what happening? What do you mean, "the "tachocline" swells open and does exactly that". Does exactly what?

If you want input from the Yellowstone Valcano Observatory - email them. Hoping that someone from the Obsevatory happens to read your post is not a very good method of communication

It is already known that there are temperature variations with the solar cycle. What it will not address is your belief that solar cycles somehow affect earthquakes

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

It is not my belief. It is my query. There may in fact be an indirect connection, but I'm more concerned about what is actually happening now and over the past few years, say from 2000 on. It is meaningless as an observation and benchmark to take a reading of an interim slice and call it the whole banana. Another slice could have an insect in it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Well since your reply had nothing at all to do with CME being produced at the core of the sun - yeah I couldn't extrapolate. The tachocline is an area of shear, not near the core, that may drive magnetic fields that acclerate CME but it is not the core and the CME are not 'spit out. from this area, or the core.

The tachocline is the line at the base of the convective region.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

"The tachocline is the line at the base of the convective region"

I know that.

Thankyou for bringing that in. I'll have to do some hunting of files in my machine, but I'll get back with some of the SOHO depictions of the areas that surround the tacholcline, inside and outside. The entire interface zone would cut off more than the heads of the arrows in that pic. (I actually have that one somewhere in my machines...)

9. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Is there any rule I'm interpretting incorrectly here? Can we post a link to a data page in another forum outside this sciforums website?

10. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

As far as I am aware, links to other cites, even other discussion forums are not a violation of policy, as long as they do not violate copyright or other leagal requirements.

This forum is in alternative theories, so most references would be allowed. Keep in mind that there are many here who will take a reference considered to be fringe science to task. Just because something is posted on the web or in another discussion group, does not make it true or a valid reference.

Even when presenting an idea in Alternative Theories, many who respond will be challenging the science....

11. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

I clipped this from a NASA site page after June 7, 2011. This was very discript about the effects on the planet's biosphere.

If this above table comes out correctly, It will show the inclination data since 1900. It has advanced in an exponential jump during the 60's and again around 2003 to 2005.

Basically 60 years then 40. 25 years next or 30? Around the time of the last jump, Yellowstone spat out more steam.

12. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Icidentally I'm looking mostly at the North Magetic Pole vs true North

13. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

This was on the cover and in the body of the 1997 proposal for Project SOHO, not released till 2000. My work pointed to the red layer, this a thermograph infrared, is the coldest area and was postulated to NASA in 1999's BPP rfp. This area is regarded as "the tachocline." My work points to a thin band in this region that would exist as a cryophysical area to finalize the equilibrium state between the inner core and convection zone. It dilates like a volcano in that area and, by my description in 1999, would create plasma channels betweeen the inner core and the photosphere resulting in sunspots. In 2005 I found out the way everyone else did; the NASA Channel confirmed through SOHO the mechanics of what I had labelled the "C" zone or cryo-zone in my proposal that also depicted a relationship to our grvaity and the magnetic polar nature of the sun. That has been shown to be a bit different than I had thought, so now I've included all that was different into my variable list. In 2008 CLUSTER cvonfirmed the plasma channels and their team labelled them Magnetic Portals. That changes some things, too.

As you can see, the "tachocline is not a thin, arbitrary shell that moves at a slightly faster velocity.

14. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/83012-Yellowstone-Caldera-Activity

These guys are even more strict about posting than here. No relgiion.

This has a good deal of statistical data.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I thought you have been talking about the effect of the suns activity on the Yellowstones geysers.

In this last post you are talking about the movement of the earths magnetic north and south poles as well as earths magnetic dipole. Is this a new topic or is this related to your previous discussion about the suns activity?

16. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Now you have me wanting to go back and review everything. I'm reasonbbly certain I have made the connection between all these.

If not, they all are connected. Especially the dates of inclination increasing around the same time Yellowstone produced it's new string of steam vents in 2003.

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You have made several claims in this thread. I think it would be helpful to pick one claim and discuss that.

Some of your claims (as I understand them):

CMEs originate in the core of the sun.
    Plasma activity in the sun is influenced by the planets magnetic fields.
    Cold weather fractures the ground in yellowstone inducing volcanic eruptions.
    Low activity on the sun decrease volcanic activity yellowstone.
    Increased geyser activity could drain the aquafers from the surrounding states and fill the yellow stone basin.

Which one (or another) would you like to discuss?

18. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

HectorDecimal

That is your problem, you've shown nothing of the kind, especially silly is your contention that atmospheric temperature make the crust crack. Pure non-sense. Nor does the sun's output(outside any extremely violent event such as a nova)affect volcanic activity(a consequence of the Earth's internal dynamics and heat). All the connections you are making are bogus crap.

Grumpy

19. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

This is not a thermograph infrared, the colour relates to gas velocities, not temperature.

I'm also confident that this is not your work.

20. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

As for Trippy's comment. I'll just say "Wrong" on the first and "Right" on the second. I didn't claim it was my own. That was very well implied when I said it was NASA's. An American taxpayer, which I am, owns, in part, every sayellite or photo or job at NASA. Ownership and credit for the images are two different things.

21. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Good idea!

That is really what I asked to happen.

I'll start working on the CME's starting at the core. Back later...

22. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

23. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/05/03/suncore_spa.html?category=space

http://www.viewsfromscience.com/documents/webpages/Plasma.html

One thing to remember is that the sun's core rotates about 5 times faster than the surface. That middle layer has most of the astrophysicists speculating a bit, but it is known to dilate and release a massive ball of plasma from the core.

Keep in mind also that what I'm suggesting in all this is a slight deviation form what is mainstream not a quantum leap to lightyears away. There is really little to say about the sun's connection to earthquakes and weather that can't be found through a search, short of teaching a course in high school level science here.

For what it's worth. The sun is basically quiet right now. If you check that link, you'll get to see what I am calling "normal" activity. No flares larger than 1.5% of the star's diameter. Bigger flares than those, I'm finding fall into the predictions.