Jewish fundamentalists at it again. Abusing their women

Discussion in 'World Events' started by mountainhare, Dec 21, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

False

Women can divorce husbands who are abusive. Divorce is very easy in Muslims, all a woman has to do is call a qadi and inform him.

False, they do it all the time. I did too.

False, he will have to look after the children, his wifes mother/family or his mother/family will visit on a regular basis. Plus Arab women are usually strong willed and tend to rule the roost at home.

No it does not. But women talk. A lot.
    All hypothetical ranting, with no substance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nobody forgot; after taking over all the tribes, the Saud family established these laws to keep the different tribes under control.
    Only if you say Islam says this and that.
    And this is related to women and Islam and abuse because...?

Of course a 71 year old Arab woman who is an educator knows far far less about the status of Arab women than you do.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

More rantings from deluded Arab women:
    http://www.wworld.org/crisis/crisis.asp?ID=358

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

I personally find them boring and stupid. Why do you ask?

So its prevalence around the world and even in the West does not give you an indication that it is ingrained somehow? Why?

Did you even know, that until the last few years, some states in the US did not consider it illegal for men to rape their wives? It was only after they bowed to public and international pressure that they changed their laws, but even then, made sure to make a distinction between what was marital rape and stranger rape. You don't think that rape laws for example and several states in the US having such a distinction between marital rape and stranger rape shows how ingrained domestic violence is in the US?

As to the law.. It fails to protect women in domestic violent situations on many occasions. The offender is not always jailed and charges are not always brought against them for a variety of reasons.

And leaving will not always provide protection.

As you said yourself, "if charges are brought forward", and on many occasions they are not. And even when they do, the guy can walk or face a pathetically short sentence. Men who rape their wives in some states in the US get a lesser sentence then if a woman was raped by a stranger. And in some States in the US alone, reporting requirement are so strict and sometimes shorter for spousal rape (for example) than it is for stranger rape. Here are some distinctions that exist that are quite disgusting if you really think about it.

Yes. I can understand why you'd think it was so hard to believe.

Domestic violence is ingrained in all societies. It was permitted in the past and now while we have laws against it, socially and in the minds of many people, it is still seen as not being something that bad. I have met many many women who were abused by their intimate partner and I have seen with my own eyes how some of them would be pressured by their own families to simply put up and shut up.

The stats are correct sadly. Domestic violence is that common. And I understand why you'd think it was so unbelievable, but the more you look into it, the worse it gets. Even the Government admits that the figures they have are only taken from those reported. I'd hate to imagine what the true figure actually is because of the number of women who never report it or seek help.

As to what it's like in tribal areas. It's worse.

There was a reason why I said earlier in this thread that we in the West also live in a glass house and should not throw stones. Both sides of the equation (Muslim and Western if that's how you are going to break it down) have a bad record of domestic violence. You cannot absolve or excuse Western society by merely saying 'well they're worse than we are so that's still ok'.

This Link gives you a breakdown of violence against women in all sorts of situations in various countries and areas around the world. Yes some have it worse, but figures in Western countries is not something we should not be embarrassed about. If we are going to start claiming we are somehow better then them (eg Muslims), we need to clean up our own act first, otherwise we come off looking like moronic fools.

On many occasions we in the West have had our own records of human rights abuses and domestic violence abuses thrown back in our faces when we've attempted to draw a distinction of our moral superiority against Islamic countries. We are in no position to be drawing any moral lines or distinctions because it is still so prevalent in our own society.

8. otheadp Banned Banned

to refute facts you tell fairytales and anecdotes. if anything i said is false it is only because the Mutaween did not do their job properly

an Iranian friend told me how she used to leave her house without the hijab too... but she did not dare to go far from her house, because if she was caught by the cops she'd have to be lashed for "violating Islamic law"

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of course the mutawa are a problem. But they are not present to the same extent everywhere and not all mutawas are the same. My mudir in Taif was a mutawa and he never objected to me having my face uncovered. As for your Iranian friend, I have Iranian friends too and yes there are places where people are backward, but does that represent life in Iran in general?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

11. Sepulchrave Registered Senior Member

How the fuck can you play football wearing a headscarf and that outfit? You'd overheat in a hurry. If they had a choice, they'd rip them off.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That's hilarious

13. Sepulchrave Registered Senior Member

14. otheadp Banned Banned

the fact that women in Iran are allowed to march in the army, or to play soccer (but only if fully covered) doesn't change the fact that if they step out of line like completely take off the hijab, they'll face corporal punishment from government. or capital punishment in other Muslim countries.

one thing does not contradict the other, does it, Sam?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So women are allowed to have an education, allowed to work, allowed to follow male-dominated career choices and forced to wear hijab?

Amazing dichotomy in thinking there. Do you really know any Iranian women?

Would you say women are forced to wear clothing in Western countries when they are allowed to work? I mean, a woman can leave her shirt at home one day, since its a free country, right?

16. otheadp Banned Banned

there you go ducking my argument again

are you diverting the debate on purpose?

does "women in Iran can play soccer" disprove that "women in Iran will get lashed if they are caught without a hijab by a cop"?

17. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Ah yes, Iran, the place where all the ladies want to live.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You do realise that for an Iranian women who wears a hijab, telling her to take it off is equivalent to telling a Western woman to take off her shirt?
    That a Western woman who takes off her shirt in public will also be arrested by a cop? That if she resists she will be tasered?

Can you understand this concept?

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Are the lady's parents allowed to see the lady's face, how 'bout uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins, etc., where do they draw the line?

20. otheadp Banned Banned

and another thing:

this dishonesty is really pissing me off.
    if you can't even admit that women are treated worse in Islamic countries than in the west then there's nothing for me to talk to you about.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Depends on the social expectations.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So my practical experience is dishonesty and your hypothetical BS is reality?

Thanks for the clarification.

PS I did used to walk in Jeddah without hijab.

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

How 'bout that the "social expectation" is to not have your faced covered in public places (unless you're wearing bandages or it's real cold)?