Jesus was a Palestinian martyr

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Brian Foley, May 10, 2004.

1. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I take it you do not believe in the account of the Messiahs execution?

Pilates actions are not illogical, they where politically smart as a governor of a rebellious province of the Roman empire. I will explain if you care you want an explanation?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

Adstar, you can try, but I've been there. You expressed the prevailing view, but then the repeated denial that Jesus had committed any offense, much less one requiring the ultimate sacrifice, says a lot to overcome"; Pilate's refusal to edit the "King of the Jews" placed on the cross. Why go to Pilate in the first place? If the passover was inappropriate for conducting executions, wait a couple of days and stone him. Simon and the sponge seemed very convenient, as did the assistance in carrying the heavy load to, what some speculate was Joseph of Aramtheus' Garden.

Thanks for the invitation, but I would probably just argue one, ot both of us of us ragged. I suspect we have both been there.

I am not a scholalry student of biblical history, but I do read, analyze, asume the truth of the matter as stated, unless obviously edited. Like, Genesis, "Let us make man in our image" seems like one entity talking to a host of entities, equals actually, which would put an "alien" twist on the processes and circumstances of modern human beginnings. Evolution is scientifically useless, but the "Christian" version is equally unacceptable.
    But what the heck Adstar, this is just my opinion. and I am quite comfortable in my beliefs, opinions . . . , well, you know the drill.

Thanx

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

bullshit! Islam encourages technology and for hundreds of years the islamic empire was dominant in eveything including science. at the time that the Ottomon empire was flourishing the west was backward and living in the "dark ages" as they are known.

Arab countires are at a bad state now beacause of poor leadership and general stuipidness by Arab leaders, the lack of spending in science and their poor state and welath. also remeber that power shifts, you'll see in a few decades, America isn't a superpower anymore and it maight even end up poor and fucked up like Russia did after it fell from the super power status.

in the same way that russia suddenly lost its superiorty and advancement, so did the Muslim empire. the Arab countires are now developing and one say they will once again regain their status.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Oh we don't have to argue

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I just though you would be interested in hearing another view.

All Praise the Ancient Of Days