Jesus or Burn?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Changeling, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

No. My dad is more or less an alcoholic dead beat.

But if you're trying to get at the scriptures being rhetoric/parabalic, etc., I have a response for that.
    If you're going to translate the bible, ensure that you translate it so EVERYONE can understand it. Given all the denominations and sects, it's apparent that everyone does not interpret it the same. Common sense would tell you that an omnipotent deity would have ensure that. He did not.
    I just don't see how Xianity has any credibility with all these fallacies, but then again, people will believe anything.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

i hear ya dude...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

it is up to you what to believe. there is faith involved on all levels of this discussion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

"God" as a title or name frequently used in Hebrew names. We or should I say I can not assume from the name so frequently like Jesus is today that any of those hispanic individuals are the incarnation of God on Earth especially in the light of the fact that the bible says that no man has seen God. This statement is never over turned in any scriptural canon book of the bible.

8. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Do you disagree that people will believe anything?
    And tell me this, what makes any one religion anymore believable over the next?

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: You've lost me here. "Immanuel" means "god is with us." "El" is the word for "god." "Manu" means "mankind," and "Im" denotes plural as in "many gods." So what does "Immanuel" mean to you?

10. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Rev. 21:8:
    John 12:47
    Specific enough for everyone?

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Revelation 21:8
    8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

If you think this is true (including Adstar and the gang) we will ALL burn.

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I wonder how many people have lived their whole lives without ever even hearing the name of Jesus. So what happens to them? How can you accept someone youve never heard of?

How can a just god condemn the vast majority of everyone who ever lived to an eternity of hell fire?

What did we all do that was so hideous to deserve such a punishment ?

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Even more ridiculous, who hasn't lied?

14. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

god lied in a sense(in the bible), so maybe he burns too.

15. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

If god created everything, why did he create sin? Why did he even let it into existence if he hated it so much?..doesn't make sense to me. Why create sin, then give Adam and Eve the opportunity to sin, when god knew it would mean eternal damnation? If he wanted us all to go heaven, why not just make it that way? All babies get to go heaven on a free pass...why not everyone?

There are two Christian principles..."Age of Accountability" which means you have to be a certain age where you are old enough to understand how to able to accept Christ..before that you just go straight to heaven.

There is also a principle called "Original Sin"..which means we inherited some of Adam and Eve's original sin, and even if we lived a perfect life ourselves, we would still be stained with original sin so you still need cleansing by Christ's blood before you can get into heaven.

So if babies have original sin...how do they get a free pass to heaven without being cleansed by Christ's blood first? So somehow god removes the original sin from the babies, so they can be in his presence...why not do it for everyone?

I have a 55 year old severely mentally handicapped cousin. She has the mind of a 3 year old (parents can you imagine raising a 3 year old for 52 years? My Aunt and Uncle must have the patience of Job

) I've always wonder if she would fall under the "Age of Accountability" rule?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  16. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear that, and to be honest I'm sorry to hear alot of the tradegy that occurs in the world.

To answer your question, the bible doesn't cover it, only us sinful humans have to learn to care for people who are mentally disabled.

I do believe in God though, and I reckon nothing actually disappears in the universe it just transforms into something else. Which is a scientific fact.

17. Adstar Valued Senior Member

You would think so Nasor, but there is nothing so easy as to deceive a person who desperately wants to be deceived. That's why there are universalists and others who claim to believe in the Word of God who have invented doctrines to deny what is clearly written in the Bible.

Go figure.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

18. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Yes if i was unbelieving i would indeed burn. But i am not unbelieving dave.

I believe in the atonement of the Messiah Jesus.

Romans 4
    1 What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say?

“Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Or we can say grace/gift. amd debt/ payment.

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
    7 “ Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
    And whose sins are covered;
    8 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.”

19. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Have you lied Adstar?

20. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Yes i have lied. And i aknowledge that i sinned in doing so. Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

All thanks and Glory be to the God of Abraham for giving me the gift of salvation. Through His rightiousness i am saved and not through my own deeds.

21. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

But Ad, why do we need salvation in first place?

All Blaze the Chronic of Daze

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Don't be sorry...she has lived a life of happiness with the never ending innocence of childhood. I envy her in some ways.

If you couldn't tell..i was raised in a very devout Southern Baptist home. At one point in my life I had some my doubts about my beliefs...i was just trying to ask some questions I never could get a square answer for from my dad (the religious leader of the family) or anyone else. These questions lead me to my current agnostic ways.

23. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

The only hell that exists is the one we create in our own minds.