jesus christ is god

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by firingseeds, May 7, 2003.

1. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

mr bach

many christians dont know him johann.

...john.5:

21...for as the father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the son quickeneth whom he will.

22...for the father judgeth no man but hath committed all judgement unto the son:

23...that all men should honor the son, even as they honor the father. he that honoreth not the son honoreth not the father which hath sent him.

24...verily, verily i say unto u, he that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: true wisdom

PROVE IT!
    Who is the liar, the mere mortal who wrote those words with the full advantages of pig ignorance, illiteracy and religion brainwashing or is it me - the enlightened modern individual with the advantage of an enquiring mind, decent education and the knowledge that modern science places at my disposal.

and "god" created the universe too I suppose?

and whilst we are on the subject of mythical quotes from some onscure publication written by braindead scribes and monks " and ***** begat ***** who begat ****** who begat ****** who begat ******* (author Jackie Collins by any chance"???)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

Perhaps Jackie Collins in another life? There sure are a lot of "begats" and "ands". I wonder if they make kids that go to Sunday School memorize stuff like this and then recite it in front of the rest of the class.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

________

"The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias; And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa; And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias; And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias; And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias; And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon: And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel; And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor; And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud; And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations." -Matthew 1:1-17 (KJV)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Hmmm well the dead sea scrolls are younger than the canonized bible. To get better accuracy you read the original texts, not the addons and translations. By that same token you should read Sumerian which are the original texts of a majority of the bible.

8. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

Judges 3:8 - Different Versions Of The Same Verse

-Authorized King James Version
    "Therefore the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Chushanrishathaim king of Mesopotamia: and the children of Israel served Chushanrishathaim eight years."

-JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh
    "The Lord became incensed at Israel and surrendered them to King Cushan-rishathaim of Aram-naharaim: and Israelites were subject to Cushan-rishathaim for eight years."

-Darby's Version
    "And the anger of Jehovah was hot against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Chushan-rishathaim king of Mesopotamia; and the children of Israel served Chushan-rishathaim eight years."

-Revised Standard Version
    "Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Cu'shan-rishatha'im king of Mesopota'mia; and the people of Israel served Cu'shan rishatha'im eight years."

-English Revised Version
    "Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Cushan-rishathaim king of Mesopotamia. And the people of Israel served Cushan-rishathaim eight years."

-New International Version
    "The anger of the LORD burned against Israel so that he sold them into the hands of Cushan-Rishathaim king of Aram Naharaim, to whom the Israelites were subject for eight years."

-Contemporary English Version
    "This made the LORD angry, so he let Israel be defeated by King Cushan Rishathaim of northern Syria, who ruled Israel eight years and made everyone pay taxes."

A little History

Mesopotamia (Greek, "between the rivers") is the alluvial plain between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers (in contemporary Iraq), which was home to, or conquered by, numerous ancient civilizations, including Sumer, Babylonia, Assyria, Akkad, Egypt, Hittites, and Elam.

These civilizations arose from earlier settlements and cultures which were among the first to make use of agriculture.

Aram-naharaim - Aram of the two rivers, is Mesopotamia (as it is rendered in Gen. 24:10), the country enclosed between the Tigris on the east and the Euphrates on the west (Ps. 60, title); called also the "field of Aram" (Hos. 12:12, R.V.) i.e., the open country of Aram; in the Authorized Version, "country of Syria." Padan-aram (q.v.) was a portion of this country.

Chushanrishathaim - Cush of double wickedness, or governor of two presidencies, the king of Mesopotamia who oppressed Israel in the generation immediately following Joshua (Judg. 3:8). We learn from the Tell-el-Amarna tablets that Palestine had been invaded by the forces of Aram-naharaim (A.V., "Mesopotamia") more than once, long before the Exodus, and that at the time they were written the king of Aram-naharaim was still intriguing in Canaan. It is mentioned among the countries which took part in the attack upon Egypt in the reign of Rameses III. (of the Twentieth Dynasty), but as its king is not one of the princes stated to have been conquered by the Pharaoh, it would seem that he did not actually enter Egypt. As the reign of Rameses III. corresponds with the Israelitish occupation of Canaan, it is probable that the Egyptian monuments refer to the oppression of the Israelites by Chushan-rishathaim. Canaan was still regarded as a province of Egypt, so that, in attacking it Chushan-rishathaim would have been considered to be attacking Egypt.

Sources:
    The Bible (AKJV)
    JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh
    BibleGateway.com
    Wikipedia Free Encyclopedia
    Easton's Bible Dictionary

9. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

poet

love the different versions and the history lesson. limited resources...limited brain

10. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

red devil

i corinthians. 1:19 ( jnt )

19...indeed, the tanahk ( old testament ) says,
    i will destroy the wisdom of the wise
    and frustrate the intelligence of the intelligent. ( dont get carried away...not referring to u

)

20...where does that leave the philosopher, the torah-teacher, or any of todays thinkers? hasn't god made this world's wisdom look pretty foolish?

21...for gods wisdom ordained that the world, using its own wisdom, would not come to know him. therefore god decided to use the "nonsense" of what we proclaim as his means of saving those who come to trust in it.

22...precisely because jews ask for signs and greeks try to find wisdom,

23... we go on proclaiming a messiah executed on a stake
    ( christ crucified ) as a criminal! to jews this is an obstacle and to greeks it is nonsense;

24...but to those that are called, both jews and greeks, this same messiah is gods power and gods wisdom!

25 ( akjv )...because the foolishness of god is wiser than men; and the weakness of god is stronger than men.

11. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

true wisdom

interesting what u wrote concerning the banishment of adam and eve from the garden to keep them from becoming equal to god.
    it could also mean that god won't tolerate sin: eg..a witness mentioned sin once as "offensive to god".

another witness indicated that the oil pumping from the ground from fossilization includes the millions of humanity. ( eek! what am i driving my car on? )

another witness: "repent = sorry = mistake"...unforseen event - the original sin of eve?...( broads!...seeing as how job managed gods "admonishment" with flying colors ).

12. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

Re: poet

Having limited resources sucks imo.

Gatta go - Cya later.

13. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Re: red devil

Don't spout all that rubbish at me cause I won't even read it - it's worthless fiction

14. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

red devil

did u read it?

15. Free Cycle Registered Senior Member

Firing Seeds,
    All your smiles and content expressions indicate that you are comfortable and sure of the reliability of your bible. Have you ever looked into extra biblical historical verification? Perhaps it is very logical if the bible is true, bu there is your faulty premise, there is so little evidence that the bible is anything more than a collection of myths.

16. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

The bible is myth - fact

It was handed down by word of mouth (The Old Testament) for hundreds of years before someone got "divine inspiration" or found a biro, and wrote it down - corrupted by the millennia of camp fires and the "tellings". Accurate - hardly.

The New Testament is a collection of stories by zealots, people "blinded" by faith (or more likely onto a good thing) and is therefore corrupted in the eyes of the beholder! Accurate - doubtful.

Overall - what could have turned into a good series of fiction, maybe even a half decent soap, is spoilt by zealots and idiots who use it to rule their lives. People who "need" religion to get by in their dreary lives are shallow and narrow minded. Historical accuracy - extremely doubtful.

I say believe in what you want but why is it the prerequisite of all "net gods" to want to hammer it down others throats? Do me a favour, go hang out on your crucifix and view the scenes unfolded but don't push your bullshit in my direction!

17. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"Myths are about the human struggle to deal with the great passages of time and life---birth, death, marriage, the transitions from childhood to adulthood to old age. They meet a need in the psychological or spiritual nature of humans that has absolutely nothing to do with science. To try to turn a myth into a science, or a science into a myth, is an insult to myths, an insult to religion, and an insult to science. In attempting to do this, creationists have missed the significance, meaning, and sublime nature of myths. They took a beautiful story of creation and re-creation and ruined it."
    -Michael Shermer, Why People Believe Weird Things

18. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

free cycle

seek and thou shalt find...

mathew 7:7...ask, and it shall be given u; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto u.

mathew 7:8...for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

...the proof is in the pudding....not some pudding down the road but the one in front of u.

God bless u

...and the peace of god surpasses all understanding
    philippians

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  19. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

red devil

thats a bright beaming smile of yours, red devil.. (u ain't one of the lost sheep of israel are u? )

john 3.16...for god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son , thAT WHOSOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

20. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

jesus the man

philippians 2:5 thru 11

let this mind be in u, which was also in christ jesus:
    who, being in the form of god, thought it not robbery to be equal to god

but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

wherefore god also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

that at the name of jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

and that every tongue should confess that jesus christ is lord, to the glory of God the Father.

this same jesus teased the canaanite woman when she asked him for help. jesus says to her, " i havn't come to feed the dogs," and she replies, " even the dogs get the crumbs from the masters table"...she got the lords approval.

21. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"even the dogs get the crumbs from the masters table"

Proverbs 26:11-12

"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to
    his folly. Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit?
    There is more hope for a fool than for him."

22. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

yea...

ego...being big-headed about nothing

proverbs 26:4-5

...answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou be like unto him.

...answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

...conceit is a human vanity..worthless as such

the armour of god...

...belt of truth

...breastplate of righteousness

...feet shod with peace

...the shield of faith

...the helmet of salvation

...and the sword of the spirit...the word of god

ephesians 6:14-17

23. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Can anyone actually string a sentence together WITHOUT resorting to quotes from the fabled book of myths??