'It is best to restrict one's beliefs.....

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Simon Anders, Nov 25, 2008.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

How? There is event. There is observation of event. There is truth. There is belief. What is your point?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Well, I can sympathize. Rereading some of my old posts also confounds me at times. Rather embarrassing.

I think what I was driving at was that we often have to endure experiences without clear answers but with lots and lots of questions derived at from suspicious beliefs. These experiences are very real, potent, and very raw, so we're careful to inject our beliefs with a tranquilizer. Nothing was predetermined. Everything just happened. A current carried us away upon foreign shores.

Yet, at some point, these experiences end. The curtain falls and the theater is emptied. Everything then lies grey and silent. Except for the fact that the drama lives on and grows internally.

The same questions are seeking out the same answers, we replay our experiences in our minds over and over again while new questions are being formed and new angles for viewing our past experiences are sought.

We then find ourselves in the most peculiar contortions imaginable just to view and relive our experiences from very different and unconventional angles: we discover new perspectives, new attitudes, new morals, new philosophies, new beliefs.

Yet the answers continue to evade us.

So in our quest to find Truth, we have to settle for a variety of semblances of truth. We also find ourselves metamorphosed.

Suddenly those old and dusty questions that set the ball rolling, begin to recede—as we grow out of them. And all we are left with are new perspectives, new attitudes, new morals, new philosophies—and new beliefs.

The truth that we originally sought—although never seen or beheld—ended up silently transforming us, touching us, molding us... curing us.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

what? no.

It is best to give all possibility an equal chance until personal experience can be applied to it. Of course, personal experience stands to be questioned, as well. Perhaps there is no blue at all.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

I consider "assertion" to be very unclear.... Usually you'd say, that this is not so, (imo) because, people live their experiences and lives in the only way they can.... So, if this is true, why would we need "whatever you said".... There are a lot of things to be said about it I guess and mostly if you rephrapse the question we would have something to talk about. Am I wrong you think that the statement is unclear? Do you think that you could re-phrase it better to include changes to my post....?

Also, science can stick it in the rear as far as I am concerned.... There aren't always so many true statements made by science which allow for something to be "found" out so well... [

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

]

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

Halarious I check the computer again 4 or so days later, and of course I find out that there is no response to my post.

This is funny because this is how it always it, it's NEVER ANYTHING NEW!!!

9. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I cannot understand your penultimate post.

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

*sigh* i had so tried lol