Islamic attitudes in the UK today

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Vienna, Apr 23, 2004.

1. leda Registered Senior Member

Let's see now... No Jesus, No television, No baseball, No football (not the feeble excuse Americans call football anyway), No basketball, No hockey, No golf, No tailgate parties, No pork barbecue, No hot dogs, No burgers, No lobster, No shellfish, or even frozen fish sticks. No gumbo, No jambalaya. Rags for clothes and a massive student loan. No chocolate chip cookies. No Christmas.
    Sounds like ordinary life in student Britain to me. If you chuck a couple of hotdogs back in.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Personally I would love to see Ireland given back to the Irish - I have no issue with that - The British government obviously sees different[/QUOTE]

Hear hear!
    I have lost family to the IRA and I agree--let them have their country back.

The Flemster.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Religious people seem to operate just fine in their day to day lives.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it's normal for someone to stop what they are doing in their 'day to day life' and humbly give thanks and generaly talk to what is, to any sane human being, an obviously FICTIONAL CHARACTER!?!?

And that's directed at every religion, not just the hairy-faced ones.

The Flemster.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

What's The Tailgate Party?
    And what's their stance on immigration and tax?

The Flemster.

8. Vienna Registered Senior Member

What????

Since when have students in Britain stopped celebrating Christmas

9. leda Registered Senior Member

This year, for me. Decided to stay home, get stoned, and play on my console. Best Xmas ever, highly recommended. Didn't have to put up with all the screaming whelps simultaneously, then when I did go and see people, had chance to actually talk to them. As an atheist, for me at least, its all about showing your people you care, not about the date you do it on.

10. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

American sports event tradition, you show up to the event early park your car, take out the barBQ and beverages and have a little barBQ party right there by the boot of your car. It is like one giant party in the parking lot before a big event

11. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I know. I was being 'funny'.
    We have those kinda parties over here, only you can only get two hotdogs and a can of Coke in the boot (trunk) of our piddly little cars.
    And then it pisses down with rain.

Sorry everyone, off topic.

The Flemster.
    :bugeye: