Islamic attitudes in the UK today

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Vienna, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Vienna Registered Senior Member

And the guest speaker is Abu Hamza.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Nah... Get yourself down there love, I suggest you should consider becoming a muslim - you seem happy enough with their company.

Each to their own I guess.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leda Registered Senior Member

Religion is a mental illness, no converting for me! Might get meself some free nosh though.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Vienna:

I thought your contention was that most Muslims have violent tendencies, or something like that. I've just shown you that there is no support for that statement. Yes, Islam has its terrorists, but so does Christianity, and every other religion.

Is what they preach the real Islam, or are they mixing their politics with their religion?

You missed the point. Let me review for you. You asked:

You needed to read my response in the context of your question for it to make sense. Can you answer this: "When you see a CHRISTIAN (or an atheist, or a Buddhist), how would you determine whether they have the potential to be, or are, a terrorist? How do you tell the difference?"

See? I am making the point that it is just as hard to pick a Hindu terrorist as it is to pick a Muslim terrorist. If you have a good way of identifying terrorist tendencies, then I'm sure the CIA, the FBI, MI6 and other organisations would love to hear from you.

I'm not winding you up, and I'm not ignorant. I think you have a misguided view of today's attitudes in the Muslim world. I think you make rash generalisations and lump all Muslims into a single category, when in fact there are as many different kinds of Muslims as there are different kinds of people in any other group you'd like to name. I'm trying to make you think.

Yes, it's one of those middle eastern countries, isn't it?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

leda:

Religious people seem to operate just fine in their day to day lives.

8. leda Registered Senior Member

And afterwards, which is the weird thing

9. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Its just a natural human thing, people need to believe something to keep living, atheists normally believe in something non-religious like being good to people or just believing in themselves, atheism is like breaking the programming in the matrix.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It's Quakers.

No. It's not a trap. This is what Quakers are really like. Should be interesting, and perhaps even enlightening.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Well, you've got a point there, leda.

12. Vienna Registered Senior Member

LOL!

Good idea, I might just join you..

13. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Yeah thats right - Also - Religious people like to believe thats there's something after death - Athiests believe there isn't.

14. Vienna Registered Senior Member

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT.

ROFLMAO

You don't know Islam very well.

15. Vienna Registered Senior Member

LOL!

It's about Muslims not Quakers

16. Vienna Registered Senior Member

No James - This is exactly the point I was making to you

As you said YOU CAN'T identify which muslim is a terrorist, and a muslim which isn't. So I don't trust any of them.

Not many Christian, Bhuddist or Atheist terrorists these days LOL!.

Thanks for bringing my point up.

Whoa - 10 outta 10 James - way to go.......

17. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

True, i find atheists more fun because they live this life to the full as they dont believe theres anything more to it.

18. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Just watching "Tonight" on BBC - Abu Hamza gets a free television slot - plenty of Islam terrorists in Manchester too. One muslim openly threats Tony Blair, Union Jacks burned by muslims

19. Cyorg Registered Member

I know that There are a lot of people in the UK to visit this forum, but here's an American point of view. Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim terrorists are so quick to commit suicide. Let's see now... No Jesus, No television, No baseball, No football, No basketball, No hockey, No golf, No tailgate parties, No pork barbecue, No hot dogs, No burgers, No lobster, No shellfish, or even frozen fish sticks. No gumbo, No jambalaya. Rags for clothes and towels for hats. Constant wailing from the guy next-door because he's sick and there are no doctors. No chocolate chip cookies. No Christmas. MORE THAN ONE WIFE !!! More than one mother-in-law. You can't shave. Your wives can't shave. You can't shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung. The women have to wear baggy dresses and veils at all times. Your bride is picked by someone else. She smells just like your donkey. But your donkey has a better disposition. Then they tell you that when you die it gets better!
    I mean, really, is there a mystery here ? J/K.

- Cyorg

(Recieved Via Email)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  20. Vienna Registered Senior Member

LOL!

Now that really puts everything in perspective.

You could almost feel sorry .. Nah! - Stuff em

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Vienna:

Then I presume you don't trust anyone, because it's just as hard to identify non-Muslim terrorists.

22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Cyorg, what you may say is in humour but if you look at it a little seriously you may very well be right...

23. Vienna Registered Senior Member

ROFLMAO

You presume wrong again, jumping to ridiculous conclusions its becoming a habit with you. You haven't watched or read the news over the last few years have you....lol!