Islam vs. the Western World: off-topic posts from a Religion thread

Its like a video game to them, hence the digital trophies.
People recorded their wartime experiences before the advent of video games. This iteration is not particularly unique, excepting the level of detail and intimacy of information recorded. Otherwise it is merely consistent with the age in which we live.

I guess it probably makes you feel better about yourself to stumble through threads like this ensconced in a carefully maintained and cavalier ignorance of something you know demonstrably nothing about, but you should save the scorn for cases where it is warranted. It isn't like they don't exist.

People recorded their wartime experiences before the advent of video games. This iteration is not particularly unique, excepting the level of detail and intimacy of information recorded. Otherwise it is merely consistent with the age in which we live.

I guess it probably makes you feel better about yourself to stumble through threads like this ensconced in a carefully maintained and cavalier ignorance of something you know demonstrably nothing about, but you should save the scorn for cases where it is warranted. It isn't like they don't exist.

I don't even want to explore the mindset that not only beats people to death but also considers it necessary to have a permanent record of it.

abu2.jpg

Whatever the justification, I am not interested. Perhaps they need to relive their moment of wood.

My late uncle and grandfather both WW2 vets, never EVER talked about the war in any fond way whatsoever. To them war was a blight on humanity and should be avoided at all cost.

The accumulation of mementos is sick. Period.

Same here. I worked with the Indian army and it made them sick to the stomach to talk about the war. The only mementos they had were of friends who had passed on.

I don't even want to explore the mindset...
Yeah, and I'm not asking you to. What I said was very simple. Here it is again, using smaller words. If you look at warfare throughout history, you'll see soldiers recording their experiences in whatever form of media was most accessible and convenient for them to use. Today's equivalent of that being a digital video camera and a Youtube account doesn't constitute a paradigm shift from that tradition or any of the other retarded inferences you were attempting to derive.

Because there is no difference between shooting a video of an airstrike and keeping mutilated body parts of your dead enemies.

US troops see it all as a fun game. They are out there enjoying themselves "Thats technology!!!!"

There are people losing family at the other end.

Thats not something that Americans can apparently comprehend.

No just watching American digital trophies with growing stupefaction

I'm not the only one:

u.s. troops banned from youtube and myspace

The US soldiers are now banned on YouTube after the Department of Defense decided to block the access on numerous online website including Google's video sharing service. Besides
YouTube, the troops are banned on MySpace, MTV, Hi5, Pandora and some other Internet websites. Although the official refused to sustain other reasons than official matters, the army's access on these websites was restricted from the Department of Defense's network. However, the troops will be able to access these pages from their personal computer but, since most of them will leave the country for Iraq missions, the websites remain unavailable. OpEdNews reported that the army will be blocked starting with May 14.

So the specific behavior of USA troops means all western society is decadent? Dam it that almost as stupid as the ass wiping argument!

Yeah cos Vietnam and the Japanese war was fought by Republicans.

republicans? well sure a lot of them are republicans (the ones that vote that is) but I was speaking of a broader demographic than a political party.

I don't even want to explore the mindset that not only beats people to death but also considers it necessary to have a permanent record of it.

abu2.jpg

Whatever the justification, I am not interested. Perhaps they need to relive their moment of wood.

You do realize that that woman is an arab, ie, the writing on her arm patch.

And from the writing on the dead guys arm he is a worker of "Cat" whom is a western organization.

So apparently arabs love to keep dead trophies. ur so full of shit.

You do realize that that woman is an arab, ie, the writing on her arm patch.

And from the writing on the dead guys arm he is a worker of "Cat" whom is a western organization.

So apparently arabs love to keep dead trophies. ur so full of shit.

I'm glad there are people like you that at least are endowed with a brain that isn't yet turned to mush like this confirmed jackass that posted this disturbing propaganda. I have seen his reasoning, and he is quite short of the required stature to be called relevant.

Back