Islam and Terrorism

Discussion in 'World Events' started by sandy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mind Sifter Registered Member

that's why there are strict qualifications regarding mujtahid: competence in arabic and qur'an, knowledgeable in hadith, broad knowledge about different approach taken by past mujtahid, can apply qiyas properly, practise what he preach, etc.

and i don't consider myself a mujtahid either.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

I want to hear the muslims on here denounce 911, denounce violence against America, denounce evil muslim terrorists, and denounce the violence in the Koran.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I denounce 911, wrongful violence against Americans, evil muslim terrorists, but NOT the violence within the Koran because that would be hyprotical on your part, claiming that there is no violence within Christianity.

8. Kadark Banned Banned

Norse: Did you miss this part?

I want to hear the muslims on here denounce 911, denounce violence against America, denounce evil muslim terrorists, and denounce the violence in the Koran.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Quite the contrary. There would be a decline in traditional and family values and a rise in drug use, disrespect, etc if religion were eliminated.

10. Kadark Banned Banned

I can agree to those qualifications. I just get a little ticked when people who don't meet them boast as if they are bastions of knowledge on Islam, and how their "independent research" somehow invalidates 1,400 years of Islam's well-documented history.

11. sandy Banned Banned

You are a muslim? How about just the violence in the Koran against infidels?
    If you are a muslim and are being truthful, then I have a whole new respect for you. You are the first muslim I have ever seen/heard to say those things. Most won't.

12. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

I had nothing to do with that tragedy. Although I was spat on on the streets after it happened. And im not just going to do what you say to satisfy you. Ive denounced it many a times irl and on fora.

Will you denounce US violence against other countries? Ive denounced violence against innocent people from the start. Soldiers are a diff story, their job is to die for their country.

There, fixed for you

There is no violence in the Quran. Just verses that tell Muslims to fight back if they are attacked. But dont worry you will find that out when i post ym reply to your links

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Thank you. Wherever innocent people are involved, I see no reason why they should die for the mistakes of their politicians.
    As for the violence in the Koran, the only acts justified are Holy War and defense. Violence against infidels was originally because infidels were not viewed as Human. However, civilization has changed and only the most primitive of nations still kill nonbelievers, in any religion. There can also be no pretending that there is, and there has never been, any violence within Christianity.

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I do wish she would capitalize "Muslims", but I didn't miss it and in fact she meant the Muslims, we the bulk of that population.

15. sandy Banned Banned

I never said there was no violence in Christianity. I want to understand this Muslim thing better. Muslims are killing Christians all over the world. They say their Koran demands it. So are they not Muslims or are they misunderstanding/misinterpreting the Koran? If it was a few terrorists I would understand. But there have been almost 11,000 terror attacks since 911.

16. sandy Banned Banned

Ok. Then what is this?:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/023-violence.htm

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Quran-Hate.htm

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/018-suicide-bombing.htm

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/029-torture.htm

I seriously want to understand this and will be the first to admit when I am wrong.

17. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Relax, you will get a reply for those and hopefully you will understand what that is

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Nowhere in the Koran does it say for us to kill Christians. In fact, Jews and Christians were one of the peoples defended under Islam.

11,000 terror attacks perhaps, but you must remember there are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world. How many of them participate in these attacks? How many support these attacks? Both numbers are far below halfway point.

20. sandy Banned Banned

But it commands infidels be killed. Aren't Christians infidels? I'm not real interested in percentages of Muslims who commit terror attacks. I want to know why they're doing it (if they're not following the Koran.)

This is confusing too if what you said is true.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/009-friends-with-christians-jews.htm

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the koran basically states that if you are not a muslim you should be a christian or a jew
    and could you please not use a bigoted site for your info. you can tell its bigoted by their loaded definintions of words

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, Christians and Jews are People of the Book.
    The relevance with those number figures is that since not all Muslims participate in or support the violence, it PROVES that misinterpretation, not the religion Islam, is to blame.
    The religion may say that you have that right and obligation to defend yourself, but it's up to the individual to interpret what "defense" would be.

23. chuuush Registered Senior Member

I want to hear you as a christian denounce the massacre of thousands of muslims by chirtian crusaders in Jerusalem,
    I want you to denounce the genocide of over a million muslims in Algeria by the christians,
    I want you to decounce the murder of over 300,000 muslims by Serbs, Russians and the European silence in Bosnia,
    I want you to denounce the genocidal cleansing of over 40 million indians in America by the christians,
    I want you to denounce the killing of millions and millions of people by the christians in the first and second world war,
    I want you to denounce the systematic killing of over 1,500,000 Iraqi women and children by the American and European sanctions in Iraq,
    I want you to denounce the toppling of democratic regimes in the Islamic world by the American cheristins,
    I want to denounce the systematic killing, oppression and ethnic cleansing of the local palestininans by the Israeli army with constant support by the chrisitan west,
    I want you to denounce the long long history of chirsitan slaves trading which cost the lives of million and millions of black Africans,
    I want you denounce the well-documented christian role in the Ruanda genocide,

I want you to take a look at your own history before indicting others who have been always victims of your people's non-ending hunger for more and more of everything...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008