Islam: A Revolution Within

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Tiassa, Feb 28, 2008.

?

This is ...

1. ... good news.

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. ... merely news.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. ... bad news.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other (???)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm trying to figure out the source for religious education in Turkey.
    Yes, madrassas in India are generally for the poor. People who can afford to send children away to school do not send them to madrassas.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kadark Banned Banned

Yeah, so true. Tell that to the millions of black Muslims worldwide, you racist punk. You're a fucking joke.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

It's simply religious knowledge - not indoctrination. Cold hard facts. It's more along the lines of history, actually. There's no preaching or decrediting - simply teaching.

And we do? My God, you're dense.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I went drinking/pool and then karaoke with an Aussie guy and his Turkish wife and I've met many other Turkish people and they seem just like European. Except the Kurdish Turkish - they have a bit of chip on their shoulder. That said, Kurdish kebab taste better

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Also, Turkish people reallY really need to stop using whatever salami they are using on their pizzas and use Italian hot pepperoni. PLEASE all Turkish people just do me that one favor!

8. Kadark Banned Banned

Uh, Mike, most Turks are Muslim. Pepperoni is out of the question!

9. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Turkey has a strong separation of religion and government. I applaud them for being so progressive. In fact, they have exceeded the US in separation standards of religion and state. An Islam radicalist who somehow made it as leader would not be able to install some of his twisted interpretations of the Quran in Turkey's government.

10. Kadark Banned Banned

Turkey's military operates as the Ministry of Internal Affairs for the country. If the country is getting out of hand (from the public's actions, or from incompetent leaders), the military can (and has) intervene. Our government can't get away with much.

11. DeepThought Banned Banned

Your not black, Turkman.

Hence, your the joke here.

But I can understand how a weak minded Muslim, ashamed of his own people's poverty, ends up committing shirk.

Now, run along to your Christian masters.

12. Kadark Banned Banned

"You're", my friend, "you're". Not "your".

Tsk.

I'm not going to turn this into anything serious. If you wanna go for that, my PM is always open.

Although, I usually don't pay much attention to racist forum-dwellers.

Who knows, though...there's a first time for everything.

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Pepperoni is pork?? Haaa! I didn't know - well that explains it!

OK, please, Turkish Islam reformers just do me this one favor instead - STOP banning the consumption of pork! I'm sure pepperoni (or even better - prosciutto) pizza will soon follow

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Aaahhhh where the hell did that come from?:bugeye:

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

16. Kadark Banned Banned

iceaura:

Massacres of Kurds? Hah! If we wanted the Kurds to be massacred, we wouldn't have provided them refuge from Saddam when he was clearing them out. We would simply have told them to remain in Iraq. The issue is much more complicated than that. I posted about it recently in a thread by WildBlueYonder, if you'd like to see it.

Anyway, evolution is taught in Turkey. I may not like it, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

17. Kadark Banned Banned

Pork isn't banned in Turkey. People simply choose not to sell/buy it. Not exactly a "profitable" place to sell pork (98% Muslim).

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

you poor poor fools

pork = yum

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

pork = ease of transmission of hybridized viruses.

and one in six people with trichinosis.

20. Bells Staff Member

I'm meant to be having bacon with pasta for dinner tonight. Stop putting me off my food!:bawl:

I don't even want know where all this came from, but take your racism elsewhere.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh well, if it makes you feel better

beef = prion disease
    goat, lamb, sheep = foot and mouth disease
    chicken, turkey = bird flu
    fish, shell fish = mercury, salmonella poisoning

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Dont worry bells, those disease arnt present in australian meat

Except some mercury and as for salmonella you should be safe as long as you treat all your meat carefully

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

In the US, closer to one in six million.

In the US, undercooked bear or raccoon meat - say from bear sausage - is about as likely a cause as pig. That's because pigs don't eat garbage off he streets in the US.

Odd circumstance: they say freezing bear meat does not kill the parasite, unlike freezing pork.

Depending on how you raise them, pigs are pretty clean - certainly as clean as chickens, under reasonable farm conditions. How someone can turn up their nose at pork, but eat chicken, is a mystery to me.

Marvin Harris puts the no pork rule in the category of economic regulations benefitting the poor in certain areas - subsistence farming areas where pigs compete with humans for scarce food. So in Ireland, where pigs (in the old days) can be raised on garden waste and fish guts and scraps and stover and the like, pigs were great; in central Scotland and Lebanon where pigs must be fed human edible grains, pigs were forbidden. It's so the rich cannot enjoy a luxury that literally starves the the poor, he thinks.

An example of the kind of benefit peculiar to religion, in ordering a decent society ( the free market, say, wouldn't ban pigs for the rich ).