Ishmael

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Corp.Hudson, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Has anyone on this forum read any of Daniel Quinns books?

His most popular is Ishmael, but he has some really good other ones out there. I have read Ishmael, My Ishmael, Beyond Civ, and I am in the middle of The Story Of B.

Does anyone want to discuss his ideas? Maybe a discussion could be started about the New Tribal Revolution??

Also- If you have not yet read Ishmael, you NEED to. Everyone on this forum owes it to themselves. The book will change the way you look at the world.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ATHEISTHATER Registered Member

HUDSON! GETA GRI-P MAN!..SIGOURNEY

<u>Well hell Hud! </u>

Without trying to send me to HTTP addresses, what is Ishmael about? Never heard of it. But I am willing to learn.

Irregardless of my user handle @ EXOSTUPIDITY, I am also open to new ideas & points of view (POV"S)!!!

Believe it or not, I have seldom come across any one frame of mind or pov, which I can not comprehend. Besides, @22:22 cst zulu, there seems to be no one else to talk to! ! ! !

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bobby Lee member Registered Senior Member

Michael

Don't sweat it HU, This is the tribal uprising guy and I want you to know everything is fine and secure, it will stay that way. The story is a story of double cross that the rest didn't know, there po'd at the wrong guy! It doesn't effect everyone. RELAX

The real MICHAUX!
    MAC HAUX

Hang in there HUD!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Ishmael is basically an objective look at our culture, and the way we do things. It sounds innocent enough, but it will mess with your brain. It will allow you to look at the way other people live with a new appreciation of their worldviews - it is a wonderful book (as are most of his other books).

So, nobody on here wants to discuss the books? Has anyone (other then the apparently skeptical Bobby Lee) read the book (or any of his others)???????

I know you asked for no URL's, but here is one anyway: http://www.ishmael.com , it is the authors website with a lot of cool unpublished stuff

8. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

This is really pathetic

Can this really be true???

Has no one on this board read Ishmael???!!??

This is pathetic.

9. 666 Registered Senior Member

Nope... But sounds interesting I give a read and get back to you afterward.

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

*does the time warp, agaaaaaaain*

i read it.

excellent book.

11. I must confess, I've chosen never to read the things. Largely because of the people that I've met that have. You're not exactly proving me wrong....

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I haven't read Ismael, but I did hear most of it narrated on the radio.

I did read Quinn's autobiography 'Providence'.

13. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

i read it a few years ago and it really turned my head around. i started looking at things a little differently after that.