Is Your Boss a Megalomaniac?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by KilljoyKlown, May 26, 2012.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

At the link there is a 4 question test to find out what kind of boss you have. Please take the test and report back how close the results were.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I work at two jobs for the past several years and the questions on the test at this link do not adequately capture the superior personalities and leadership qualities of either of these fine persons.

They treat all people fairly and with respect, make correction through teaching and are capable of firmness when all else fails. Hard working persons of integrity, I could not ask for better bosses and mentors.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

My boss is just an idiot who hasnt realised in spite of it being pointed out to him on innumberable occasions that the reason people are willing to work overtime for his 2IC and the reason people are turning down extra money for him is that he has no common curtacy. Cant seem to realise that if you want people to stay back its polite to ASK them, preferably about an hour before hand so they can let there other half or there parents know. Same goes for starting early, when you know a day in advance its not polite to call someone and say "can you come into work 5 min ago"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

According to the tests, none of my bosses have been megalomaniacs.

Some of them were idiots (too many years of government work) and a couple were back-stabbers (turns out that the private sector has flaws of its own) but most did their best and tried to treat us fairly.

I didn't try to apply it to myself, but I was a manger for many years and most of my staff seemed to trust and respect me. I had one psycho and one certifiable moron (did I mention working for the government?) and I didn't get along too well with them. In fact I got such a reputation for being a skillful manager that everybody else sent their hard cases to me.

8. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yeah! 4 multiple choice questions hardly do justice to anyone. For some reason I thought it might be a good topic starter. I'm very glad you have bosses that you can look up to. In my life I've had many bosses some good and some not so good, and I'm not sure I could characterize any of them by those 4 questions.

9. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well you sure aren't describing a megalomaniac, but I do know you have to show respect in order to get it, and it doesn't look like your boss has much respect for the people that work for him.

10. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Being a dumping ground for other peoples problem employees doesn't sound like the best of situations for you personally. However, if they were able to return an equal favor when you needed it, maybe it worked out well in the long run.