Is there any agency that regulates wasteful transactions?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by entelecheia, Sep 20, 2012.

1. elte Valued Senior Member

I don't disagree with the civil consensus aspect of ethics. I can picture an imaginary society of Ganghis Khans somewhere. Anarchism with the mindset common in the world doesn't work, i haven't a problem with that.

Maybe where we differ, mainly because of your view of knowledge having nothing to do with ethics, is that I think we are, as a species, smart enough to conquer the troublesome effects of our genetics. It would go a long way if people would realize the universe has plenty of things competing against our existence (figuratively speaking because only people can really think to actively hurt us), and there are plenty of scientific minded people like me who see that and work for the love of the work of discovery. Love can work for those who understand why it should.

I dislike the idea of reliance on the legal system because it is a pain to deal with all that and I see it as wasteful of our time and effort, though right now it works better than a lot of alternatives.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. elte Valued Senior Member

Yes, animals aren't smart enough to act humanely as our brains give us the potential to overcome their weaknesses eventually. We first have to want to enough, then we have to try enough. One thing, there are a lot of greedy people who don't want it and they tend to have a lot of control of things right now.

I'll have to think about the direct and indirect competition view some more.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Not the case, normally for all territorial animals living in social groups - they have and defend their territory from invasion by other groups of the same species.

Sometimes the object of a brief raid into another groupĀ“s territory is to steal babies. This weakens the one group and strengthens the invading group.
    BBC had a wonderful series on group of animals making war on their neighbors, stealing babies, etc. but I forget then name of these sort of dog like animals.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.