Is the Universal expansion caused by ''heat''?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Dylan, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Dylan Banned Banned

I have had to quickly look up xyz, I do remember something of that from school and the woodworking class.

the dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move.

I am sorry kind sir, dimensions are not a substance either.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Bingo! That is what I have been saying. Now you are getting the hang of it.

P.S. I'm impressed that you looked up xyz. I wonder how you did that. But never mind.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry sir, you proclaimed space itself was expanding rather than the metric measurement increased between two points.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I quote myself from post 67:

" As for what it is that stretches, it is the metric, i.e. the very dimensions of length, breadth and depth."

C'est a dire xyz, si vous voulez.

8. Dylan Banned Banned

Kind sirs , I a have just come across this link http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/balloon0.html

It says:Note that the galaxies (yellow blobs) do not grow, but the distance between galaxies grows,

I am sorry kind sirs, but when I inflate a balloon, the space that was outside the balloon ends up within the balloon. The balloon does not fill space kind sirs, the space fills the balloon.
    My apologies kind sir, I must of misread your post .

Kind sirs , I a have just come across this link http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/balloon0.html

It says:Note that the galaxies (yellow blobs) do not grow, but the distance between galaxies grows,

I am sorry kind sirs, but when I inflate a balloon, the space that was outside the balloon ends up within the balloon. The balloon does not fill space kind sirs, the space fills the balloon.

9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

"Must have". "Must of" is not English.

10. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry kind sir, I did not know this was also a literature forum. Thank you for your correction kind sir.

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

As you know this is just a game you are playing and I am also playing along.
    That is one thing that I know for sure.
    It is not basic which your confusion should be telling you.
    I have answered several times but answer is not something you seem to be able to grasp. See it is not basic!
    Space.

That definition is fine.

Yes, now you have got it.
    There is no substance.
    Not only the is word space not a substance, space itself is not a substance.

12. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Not literature, grammar.

My physical chemistry tutor at university always insisted on correcting bad grammar, on the grounds that clarity of communication is especially important in a highly technical field in which it can be hard to follow the argument at the best of times. That seems to me an excellent principle.

Dylan likes this.
  13. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry kind sir, you seem to contradicting yourself. You say space is being stretched in one sentence then say space is not a substance in another sentence. For something to stretch sir, it must be made of some form of substance.

14. Dylan Banned Banned

Thank you kind sir, I can understand that.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

This is too advanced for you. You need to learn at least the bare bones basic of physics. It is like trying to teach a grade school kid calculus, no offense my fine fellow, but as you say, you do not know any science.
    Check this out!!
    Even though space is not a substance it can be stretched.
    I said it in one sentence!
    Well, sad to say my fine fellow, you are simply wrong.
    Unfortunately, you are speaking from a position ignorance about science (as you have stated multiple times) so it is best if you do not try to make statement that you cannot comprehend nor defend.

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

In order to stretch you must have limits and limits are set points , If you don't have set point ,you don't have coordinates , you can call it infinite space

17. Dylan Banned Banned

Thank you kind sir, I am just a normal person so forgive me if I can't understand why nothing can be stretched. I understand kind sir, the only thing being stretched is the imagination of the thought of space being stretched.

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

My fine fellow how can you make such definitive statements about things you which you have admitted you have no knowledge.
    So essentially you are saying you know nothing of science, but here is your scientific opinion anyway. Doesn't that seem just a little silly to you?

My fine fellow please do not be offended when the members of this site ignore your opinion since it is based on your admitted ignorance.

My recommendation is that you get some introductory science books and learn some science and see how it goes from there.
    Good luck!

exchemist likes this.
  19. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Thanks for clearing that up for us...

20. Dylan Banned Banned

Thank you kind sir for your reply. I have not made any scientific opinion I was just repeating what you have said.

You said:Even though space is not a substance it can be stretched.

Proclaiming space is not a substance is the same as saying space is made of nothing. You are saying that nothing expands with grateful respect kind sir.

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

My fine fellow you most certainly have made a scientific opinion and an incorrect one to boot!

Correct
    Another scientific opinion and another incorrect one. Energy is not a substance but to say energy is nothing is quite incorrect, don't you agree!
    My fine fellow I did not say nothing expands I said space expands.

You really need to understand a least a tiny bit of science before you go making the big pronouncements - I am a little embarrassed for you. Since you do not understand any science, as you say, you end up sounding really uninformed.

My fine, fine fellow I heartily recommend that you break out that elementary science book and start studying if you find science interesting.

exchemist likes this.
  22. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry kind sir you are confusing me. Energy is a substance but energy is not space. You have said several times now that space itself is expanding and several times also have said space is not substance. I have asked several times so what of space is stretching? You do not seem to have or be able to give an answer to back up your claim that space itself is stretching.

23. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Energy is not a substance. Energy is a property of a physical system.

It really would help tremendously if you were able to get a bit of science education.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017