Is SciForums a 'front' for disestablishmentarians?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by GeoffP, Feb 9, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I mean: come on. They have that GeoffP guy. This cat's so whack, he thinks he's a god named Myuu. Neoconservaticommie bastard.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I had to look that one up:

An opponent of an established order, especially one who opposes state support of an established church.

Discounting the church reference, I would agree. Conservatives usually like the way things are, Liberals like to see new ideas and new solutions implemented, and sciforums probably has more liberal than conservative members. I don't think "front" is the right word, since we aren't trying to hide anything.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

When I was young, antidisestablishmentarianism was the longest word, is it still?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Can one be a "conservative" without being right-wing, however? I'm absolutely a communist, yet I confess to a strong antidisestablishmentarian streak. For example, I'm still something of a monarchist. Not that I want them to have any power, obviously, but still I like the cultural concept that they are. History, you know. Anyway I feel "conservative" might be a bit misleading because of the rightist connotations.

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

So the common man should not be allowed to own property?