Is prostitution wrong?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by purple_hairstreak, Jan 8, 2006.

1. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

:thumbsup:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JuNie Registered Senior Member

Prostitutes are great! I think we need "Companions" like they had in "Firefly" (a t.v. show). I agree that what's wrong with prostitution is not the prostitution itself, but that people are often forced into it (often children, small girls etc). If an adult made a conscious decision to become a prostitute then let her be one.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Posting here as perhaps Chinese man buying a Vietnamese woman is a form of prostitution? That is growing business with more than 50 million dollar annual potential for Vietnam for next 32 years. But first some facts about China's growing trade with other Asian nations:

As Billy T has been predicting for years, China wants to decrease trade with the US as that is paid for by dollars, which are, and will continue to, decline in value AND increase its trade with its Asian neighbors (India included). To that end, China has already signed 8 bi-lateral free trade agreements with other Asian nations and is now negotiating five more! China mainly imports cheap consumer goods (shirts, etc.& women*) and components which it builds into its higher valued added exports.
    With the Yuan earned (dollars not used) by selling to China, these lower labor cost Asian nations are prospering too (their currencies growing stronger) and buying more finished products from China I.e. China – other Asia trade is rapidly expanding. Here is proof that China’s effort to switch to Asian trade is working (but it still has a long way to go before it exceeds trade with US & EU):

“… The Taiwan dollar and Philippine peso led gains in Asian currencies this week as China’s exports beat economists’ estimates, boding well for the regional economic recovery and trade. … Malaysia’s ringgit rose for a second week, its best winning streak in two months, after reports showed overseas shipments and manufacturing grew more than analysts had predicted.
    “China’s export surprise will mean strong demand for products made in the rest of Asia,” said Julie Yu, a Taipei- based foreign-exchange trader at Taiwan Shin Kong Commercial Bank. “Economic growth in the region will continue to support gains in Asian currencies.
    Global funds bought a total of $1.3 billion more stocks than they sold in Indonesia, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand this week, exchange data show. The International Monetary Fund predicts Asia’s developing economies will expand 9.4 percent in 2010, while advanced economies will grow 2.7 percent. …”
    From: http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=av4_hq6mr70g&pos=6

*That includes about a thousands women as brides from Vietnam each month via “mail order” services that show their photos on the internet. See one firm’s current offering here: WWW.cqxghj.com/productlist.asp My choice is lady 28, page 3. - She seems surely worth the ~$50 cost for lifetime of sex, I think.
    If you cannot translate page, click on third item of left column to see the first page of their photos. To go to next page (of 120 pages, 12 ladies / page) click on the next to last Chinese symbol at bottom of the page. (The last symbol will take you to page 120 and the first will return you to page 1 of the photos.)

If 1000 "brides" are imported /month, this one agency is earning Vietnam 12x 50,000 = $600,000/year by helping China correct for two decades of the “one child” policy. In rural China little girl babies often “accidently fell” in to the well when mother bent over to haul the water bucket up. In urban China ultra sound looked for a penis on the fetus and if none found, abortion was a frequent choice. The British Medical Journal study made last year, shows that there is a 32 million shortage of "reproductive age" women in China. Chinese demographic expert, He Yafu, states that only 100 females are available for every 120 males. Even if Vietnam will supply one million women per year, it will take 32 years to meet the need for brides in China! I.e. the bride export market is at least a 50 million dollar / year business potential! - A major export opportunity for Vietnam, but some may call it legalized prostitution or "white slavery."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.