Is midnight today or tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by dsdsds, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Michael 345 Valued Senior Member

Zero 0 is an EVEN number which lies between -1 and 1

This was stated on QI but sorry unable to give a more exact reference

But Google gives up the following Wiki

Why zero is even

The standard definition of "even number" can be used to directly prove that zero is even. A number is called "even" if it is an integer multiple of 2. As an example, the reason that 10 is even is that it equals 5 × 2. In the same way, zero is an integer multiple of 2, namely 0 × 2, so zero is even

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parity_of_zero

Unless my eyes deceive me (or my glasses - I'm due a new pair in 2 months) I detect a 0 between -1 and 1 in the line image from the referenced article

Hope this helps all

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I corrected your "correction". If you still don't understand, it seems that everybody else does.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^
    That's funny. I was giving you the benefit of doubt among other benefits.

<>

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^
    I definitely understand.

<>

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

SiaSL: you have now posted 6 responses in a row that are entirely evasive (did you think we wouldn't notice?)
    You made at least one assertion among others - that nothing exists between 1 and -1.
    Several people have questioned what you mean by this, since it is demonstrably false. But we gave you plenty benefit of the doubt - and plenty of opportunity to correct/clarify.

Yet you have offered no clarification in any subsequent posts, except to assert (falsely) that you've tried to explain.

At this point, we are justified in interpreting your evasiveness as 'I said a dumb thing, and now I don't know how to retract it.' Let's just leave it at that and move on.

9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^
    I have only countered ridiculous assumptions that I am confused & do not understand. That is not evasive. Neither is telling you there is nothing more to say. I had my say & others have had their say including repeating several things. It is obvious neither will convince the other.
    A person should be able to stop discussing something without undue assumptions being made. I have often been tempted to stop a discussion with you.
    "I tried my best to explain it to you." was to sideshowbob about what we were discussing & it was not false. It is quite foolish for someone else to claim they know I did not try my best to explain.
    No. That is not justified but you believe whatever helps you.
    I am obviously trying to move on. I do not care much for bantering with the devil or his advocate. I have no idea whether you are serious & at this point, I do not care.

<>

10. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

I find it incredible that this Thread now has 166 Posts (not including mine).

I have only read a few. I can find more interesting issues on which to waste time.

11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

And yet you have time to waste telling us that you have no time to waste.