Is Jesus less than God?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Saquist Banned Banned

It's better if you do the research yourself but here is but one of many examples.

John 14:28, RS: “[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.”

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Imagine, if you will, the planet Venus talking to the other planets thousands of years ago. The planet Venus rises with the Sun. Therefore, Venus appears to be "sitting at the right hand of the father (the Sun). Venus further states (that is, if planets could talk) that it goes toward the sun where the other planets do not. The other planets were jealous (that is, if they had human emotions). This particular verse is found in the book of John. It is likely that John represents John the Baptist (the Sign of Aquarius). The father (Sun) is greater than the planet Venus (the son). All religions are astro-theologically based. Christians call it "the logos."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Saquist Banned Banned

I would require substantial proof from you to accept such a theory.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gluon Banned Banned

If jesus is less than God, then God is more than man.

8. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Consciousness is God, Jesus had consciousness and so he was as much of a God as you and I. We are the children of God, Jesus is a son of God. We all have the spirit of God called Consciousness. And depending on how intelligent and self aware our consciusness is, determines how close we are to God, and how God like we become.

This means Jesus was very close to God compared to most people, because he was an enlightened son of God, but he's not the only person, and there have been many others after him. God is cosmic consciousness which is aware of itself, this self aware consciousness directs evolution of life in the universe through free will. Through this consciousness the physical universe itself is self aware and exists through that awareness of itself.

9. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

This seems to indicates 2 distinct consciousnesses?

10. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Jesus is less then God, if you want a verse here:

Matthew 19:17
    17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

End of thread.

11. John99 Banned Banned

less than?

12. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Was that to me John?

If so, Jesus obviously knew he was inferior.

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: This is very disturbing. I typed up a bibliography and lost it. So I pulled my books back out from the shelves and re-typed it. Lost the second one, too. There were more than 20 references, including websites, on the history sun-worship. Short of throwing my computer out the window, I'll try again later when there's not so much going on.

~ M*W

14. Saquist Banned Banned

it's a sign.
    (right...)